[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if off topic, please delete if so: I am Australian,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 8946447.jpg (33KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
8946447.jpg
33KB, 600x886px
I'm not sure if off topic, please delete if so:

I am Australian, my question is a legal one/

My dad was a Vietnam veteran, he had a cancer removed from his body, this later developed into an abscess.

For some reason after having the abscess drained, he died a few minutes after being operated on due to blood loss.

There is an investigation into his death, however my mum is not eligible for war widows payments as he was recently switched to low blood pressure medication, and was recognized as having hypertension due to service, so bleeding out is not counted as related to service due to his recent med change. The coroner has confirmed it will not be due to blood pressure, but we are waiting for the full investigations report.
Our family is very poor, so I want to consider the financial implications of perusing a case against the health department, soley due to my mothers ineligibility to the widow pension.

If the case is unsuccessful we will only be further in the red and my mu is not able to perform most labor.

What would you anons do? Is it worth chasing up? My dad was 67, average life span would have given him +10 years.
It is clear he wasn't a priority and the proper staff were not monitoring his conditions after the operation.

Cheers
>>
Tl;Dr

Is it reasonable/viable to peruse legal action if there was a negligent death in state care?
>>
You need to talk to a lawyer that knows Aussie law
>>
>>1622758
Only if a Dingo ate your baby
>>
>>1622773
only if you lick my baby dingo, mate ;)
>>
Ask a fucking lawyer not a history board what the fuck are you doing anon?
>>
>>1622779
The sticky said law

;_;
>>
>>1622779
>go to a lawyer
>he's poor

Do you see where the problem lies, lad?
>>
>>1622783

NOt him, but law as a studied discipline. If you want to ask things like how much influence Aussie common law has from other contemporary common law systems post legal split from Britain, that's a topic for this board.

Asking an actual legal question that applies to you specifically? Stop being a cheapskate and get a real attorney.
>>
>>1622785

I'm sure there are contingent fee lawyers in Aussie.
>>
>>1622753
Challenge the courts jurisdiction
>>
>>1622785
I'm sure if he could negotiate half decent and provide good documentation any good lawyer would jump at the chance to take the case. ESPECIALLY if it's wrongful death in state care because there's a lot of money in it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.