[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think she was fine? >The happiest narrative, though,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Herbert_Schmalz-Zenobia.jpg (124KB, 800x964px) Image search: [Google]
Herbert_Schmalz-Zenobia.jpg
124KB, 800x964px
Do you think she was fine?

>The happiest narrative, though, relates that Aurelian, impressed by her beauty and dignity and out of a desire for clemency, freed Zenobia and granted her an elegant villa in Tibur (modern Tivoli, Italy). She supposedly lived in luxury and became a prominent philosopher, socialite and Roman matron. Zenobia is said to have married a Roman governor and senator whose name is unknown, though there is reason to think it may have been Marcellus Petrus Nutenus.

I am very worried about the subject these days. For some weird reason I tend to have unreasonable concerns for female historical figures.

I guess the autism is real
>>
>>1621299

That's a nice rambling but it doesn't really answer the question.
>>
>>1621299
>>>/r9k/
>>
Yup
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
>>1621299
>>
>>1621405
Someone else once said it, but these MS paint strawman images are starting to get a bit too specific and real. It's getting right out of control.
>>
>>1621299
You forgot to add that a woman will stay with a man if he has other women available. If a man is tied to only one woman and doesn't display that he can attract other women, she will leave his ass out of boredom.
>>
>>1621299
t. unty
>>
>>1621409
counter signal may mays are only strawmen if they never refute the argument the ugly person is making
>>
>>1621299
fpbp
>>
>>1621595
You've never dated anyone have you?
>>
>>1621191
Have you heard the version preserved in the Arab histories?
>>
>>1623229
Why the fuck do you assholes do that? Who gives a shit if faggot dick sucking OP heard it? He didn't post it so now I, Anonymous, haven't heard it. So fucking post it mang.
>>
>>1621191
She probably got raped. Like, raped more than a German starlet caught by the red army in 1944, raped.
>>
>>1622768
I have and still am. Being attractive to other women keeps your woman in check. She knows you have options.
>>
>>1621191
After getting btfo one of the first things that happened to her was a centurion marching into her throne room, stabbing her guards and then forcefully bending her over her throne and raping her bloody as she bellowed with every hard uncaring thrust.
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 331x152px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 331x152px
>>1623334
Anon!
>>
>>1623283
I asked because it's a lot more brutal. Either poisoned herself, or slit her throat.

The story is a lot more interesting in the Arab histories though, at some point she flashes the guy she's about to kill.
>>
>>1623349
See now that's a story I want to hear. Post it.

The only thing that would make it better would be more rape.
>>
>>1623367
Let me see if I can find it
>>
>>1623367
>>1624576
I only have it in french, with my loose translations into english. Still, here you go:
https://archive.org/stream/lesprairiesdor03masuuoft#page/180/mode/2up

She dies on pg. 197, and it's pretty much "Zibba (zenobia) ran to the secret passage, she saw Kocair standing at the entrance (sword in hand), and she doubled back and met Amr the son of Adi, who cut her throat". He does offer an alternative version where she poisons herself rather than let herself be killed.

Also included in the story is how she was tricked by the homie of the guy she killed. There's a similar version in al-Tabari, except he notes her braided pubic hair for whatever reason (History of al-Tabari, IV.760). He also says that she tried to poison herself, but was finished off by Amr.
>>
>>1624615
Neat
>>
>>1624645
The two historical traditions (arab vs western) are actually incredibly different. If it wasn't for the location of Palmyra being so concrete in both, you wouldn't even associate the two.

The arab tradition doesn't even mention the romans, or suggest that she was involved in anything more than tribal wars.

If you have any questions about Zenobia I can have a go at answering them
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.