[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are moors so shit at war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1455218082328-4.png (228KB, 313x833px) Image search: [Google]
1455218082328-4.png
228KB, 313x833px
Why are moors so shit at war?
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Annual (^: and this is with Spain having access to all the modern technology at the time.
>>
It took them like 12 (?) years to conquer iberia
>>
File: MAP_El_Cid.jpg (152KB, 623x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAP_El_Cid.jpg
152KB, 623x600px
I know this is a bait thread but whatever-
How come some Christian could come and, without any state backing him, just take over a major city?
>>
Are you the one who edited that just now or is wikipedia that fucking horrible?
The fucking citation THEY themselves give for those obviously false numbers call them out as "obvious propaganda", and say "the defeat was of little military significance for the moors".
You think 120k dead soldiers is inconsequential militarily?
>>
>>1619264
It took Britain 6 years to retake Iberia from France
While focusing their effort on a secondary theater Napoleon never gave a shit about
>>
>>1619284
forgot to give the citation my bad
https://books.google.ca/books?id=WqV8AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA349&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>1619257
>fighting Moroccans veterans of the WWI
pls
>>
>>1619343
>Moroccan veterans
They were mountain farmers who only ever fought in irrelevant feudal wars, doofus.
This wasn't stats military, the king of Morocco didn't give a shit about colonizers, let alone Spanish colonists in the North of the country, an area he didn't care about to begin with.
No state funding no military experience no nothing.
>>
Real question how the Moors could cuck Christians out of Spain for 700 years

Y'all have some explaining to do
>>
>>1619400

Fucking this who let that shit happen to begin with where was a crusade when you needed one
>>
>>1619421
Why would they? The moors made spain a better country. They owe much of their culture to them in fact.
>>
>>1619273
Because who needs a state when you have a personal army? That's literally what the taifa states were themselves in any case - a series of small, paid armies with very loose alliances with other individual taifa leaders. A Frankish feudal state could easily overrun one by calling up vassal after vassal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.