[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything that may seriosly challenge the OOA theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is there anything that may seriosly challenge the OOA theory?
>>
As of now, no

t. Paleoanthropologist
>>
As >>1618279 said, not now. But new stuff is discovered constantly, and our knowledge of the history of our species is quite muddy.
>>
No, but I think the left's fears about any notion of racial difference prevents many people from discussing Neanderthal/Denisovan admixture, or lack thereof. I understand that hominids in general originated in Africa also, but you get my point...
>>
>>1618268
What are the alternatives?
>>
>>1618303
Maybe the people who present this theory shouldn't put so much political emphasis on it either. (basically no storm/pol/ sperging out) Just present the facts.
Even so, the theory of Neanderthal/Denisovan admixture seem to be gaining a bit of attention on the internet.
>>
>>1618428
Multi-regional hypothesis. Not to be confused with polygeny.

It's not a very good alternative, the evidence vastly favors Out of Africa.
>>
>>1618438
So why not

>A compromised version of the Out-of-Africa hypothesis emphasizes the African origin of most human populations but allows for the possibility of minor local contributions (Model B).

http://www.nature.com/scitable/content/out-of-africa-versus-the-multiregional-hypothesis-6391
>>
>>1618268

The africans were also "evolving" at the same time of the european and asian peoples.

They just stayed in Africa and didnt come into interbreeding with neanderthals or denisovans.

This little sentence saaps much energy behind the racial supremacy angle because this interests me alot.
>>
File: 1453052824790.jpg (76KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
1453052824790.jpg
76KB, 617x932px
>>1618428

One of my Russian buddies believes in one of their nationalist mystical theories that primates evolved in the arctic or some bullshit
>>
>>1619455
What's his reasoning for this?
>>
>>1618451
Models A and B are fine, but C and D are just bullshit.

C suggests that homo erectus slowly evolved into homo sapiens across all continents. Not only does this imply a steady flow of people between continents, but it also means that one species of human would have to be best suited in every region, rather than evolution into several species to fit local biomes and climate.

D is simply impossible because if four populations of one species are separated, when they evolve, they wouldn't end up the same species.

Ask /sci/. I'm sure they'd know better than me or anyone else here.
>>
>>1618268
I've heard that the abos evolved separately from the rest of humanity but I don't know whether that's true
>>
>>1620384
Everyone has evolved separately to some extent, but Abos aren't any more isolated than a lot of other groups. There were migrations from India to Australia just a few thousand years ago.
>>
>>1618451
>So why not

>A compromised version of the Out-of-Africa hypothesis emphasizes the African origin of most human populations but allows for the possibility of minor local contributions (Model B).

The lack of neanderthal mitochondrial lines and y-chromosomes in modern humans.

http://www.livescience.com/54359-neanderthal-y-chromosome-caused-miscarriages.html
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.