[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a sign of strength or weakness to kill oneself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1468253587486.jpg (38KB, 419x489px) Image search: [Google]
1468253587486.jpg
38KB, 419x489px
Is it a sign of strength or weakness to kill oneself?
>>
>>1612691
It's not a sign of anything.
>>
>>1612691
if you fail to crush your windpipe before you pass out you are pretty weak
>>
>>1612691
Depends. Its certainly scary as all hell
>>
>>1612691
I'd say, strength. Now I'm not being some morbid apologetic. It's very hard to kill yourself. By the act itself, you are trying to escape something worse; paradoxically it's a ''survival strategy''. When i say that it's hard to kill yourself, I mean it goes against every base instinctual response. People who have survived extreme suicide attempts, such as jumping off a bridge, have reported immediate regret and immense terror.
>>
>>1612691
yes
Reminder that suicide the utmost expression of the faith in a self and that suicidal people do not believe in death.

suicidal people despise life so much that once they understand that they are inefficient at getting what they want, they go in the opposite direction of ''letting go'' in clinging, more than ever, to their desire of pleasures.
they cling so much that hey fail to pierce the notion of self.

if people believed in their death, they would be able to endure any pains on earth, they would not be scared of dying nor of pains.

when we believe in our death, when we believe that anything stops ''at death'' (reminder that you cannot prove that you will die, just like you cannot prove that you have been born), you do not have a problem taking a few hardships. it is not a few years of suffering which scare you, since at the end it stops.
>>
>>1612775
Nice pasta. Poor understanding of human psychology, go read more or something.
>>
>>1612691
can be seen as both

weakness because you can't bear life unlike most people
strength because you have overcome or never had a fear of death unlike plenty of people

personally I like that suicide is an option

but there are suicides that I tend to dislike more:
- suicide as a response to temporary problems
- suicide attempts which would have been regretted

and suicides that I tend to admire more:
- suicides as a response to permanent unchangeable problems
- suicide attempts which would not have been regretted
>>
>>1612691
Fear is weakness, overcoming of weakness is strength.
>>
>>1613099
pretty much this. Theres a difference between failed teenger attention whoring suicide and poisoning yourself then having someone burning your corpse to ashes when the commies knock at the door and Stalin promised to his mongols to carry you body around in a cage as a trophy.
>>
>>1612691
It's a sign of being a big baby bitch.
>>
File: 1428988592887.png (241KB, 374x366px) Image search: [Google]
1428988592887.png
241KB, 374x366px
>>1613218
>cites bible verses
>>
>>1612691
It's a sign of either defiance or despair - in both cases, of hopelessness.

When one loses all hope of victory, he falls on his sword. When one loses all hope of happiness, he falls from a building.
>>
>>1613099
>suicide attempts which would have been regretted

Arguably every suicide attempt.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.