[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assyria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Assyria appreciation thread
>>
>>1610422
The most brutal of empires.

>I have made a pillar facing the city gate, and have flayed all the rebel leaders; I have clad the pillar in the flayed skins. I let the leaders of the conquered cities be flayed, and clad the city walls with their skins. The captives I have killed by the sword and flung on the dung heap, the little boys and girls were burnt.

>In strife and conflict I besieged [and] conquered the city. I felled 3,000 of their fighting
men with the sword ... I captured many troops alive: I cut off of some their arms [and]
hands; I cut off of others their noses, ears, [and] extremities. I gouged out the eyes of
many troops. I made one pile of the living [and] one of heads. I hung their heads on trees
around the city.
>>
>>1610438

Reads like the pink letter in asoiaf lol
>>
>>1610438
Sounds like your average Muslim. Perhaps it's really not about Islam, but the character of the "people".
>>
>>1610466
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>1610489
No.
>>
>>1610422
Assyrians had very beautiful architecture that inspired the Persians. Also, a lot of their religious beliefs were taken and utilized in the Kabbalah. Kabbalah has a lot of imagery taken directly from Assyrians.
>>
>>1610499
Practically every peoples have had ancestors that have done horrific things. For example, look up "blood eagle" or "sexual sacrifices"of Vikings, "breast ripper" of medieval Christians, and so forth. He's telling you to go back to /pol/ because you are defining an entire group of people based off generalizations. Also, modern Assyrians are very much oppressed and Christians.
>>
File: assyrian-god-nisroch.jpg (93KB, 437x577px) Image search: [Google]
assyrian-god-nisroch.jpg
93KB, 437x577px
>>1610422
I have always liked the way Nisroch looks (check image). It reminds me of the Chozo from Metroid Prime (check next image).
>>
>>1610438
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
File: assyr.png (585KB, 1041x578px) Image search: [Google]
assyr.png
585KB, 1041x578px
>>
File: assyr2.png (550KB, 1280x880px) Image search: [Google]
assyr2.png
550KB, 1280x880px
>>1610725
>>
Does anyone have any book recommendations on the neo-ASsyrians?
>>
>>1610422

The Assyrians invented the concept of the reign of terror, and made such a general nuisance of themselves that their neighbours genocided the fuck out of them at the earliest opportunity. Now they're just worthless cucks surrounded by wild kebab and they think we should care about them. No, fuck you, go ask Assur for his help you race of literal faggots.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.