[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

same-sex marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 800px-Wedding-chantelois-gomez.jpg (126KB, 800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Wedding-chantelois-gomez.jpg
126KB, 800x1176px
what is the historical purpose of the institution of marriage ?

does same-sex marriage threaten this purpose ?

or is there even a reason to maintain the historical purpose ?
>>
>>1605781
>what is the historical purpose of the institution of marriage ?

Forces fathers to stay with pregnant women and prevents women from engaging in natural hypergamy.
>>
>>1605781
To make witness between two family groups that a couple agreed to live with each other willingly, and recognized the pairing as extensions of family units in some cases. No foul play was happening, and blessings given to the couple, like property n shiet. In some societies, it was also done to compensate the brides family for the loss of a member & that member's labor (hence all the fucking bride prices).

Same sex marriages bring nothing to the table (i.e. no children) and therefore, are just reactionary acts by modern homosexuals.
>>
>>1605804
addendum: my point is Homomarriage doesnt threaten marriages. It's just pointless and empty in their end.
>>
>>1605781
The original purpose of marriage is to create an appropriate environment in which to raise the next generation of people.

Same sex marriage wouldn't be possible if the original purpose of marriage hadn't already been replaced with the notion of marrying for love. It's not the cause of marriage losing its original purpose; it's a symptom of it.
>>
>>1605796
>natural hypergamy
[citation needed]
>>
>>1605781
Family intertwinement recognition
>does same-sex marriage threaten this purpose ?
No
>or is there even a reason to maintain the historical purpose ?
Also no

The reason homosexuality was looked down on is because if you were homosexual you couldn't have any kids if you didn't have sex, so you were killing your family line.
Technically that was what started as morally wrong, killing off your ancestors being gay was fine so long as you had a kid with someone who will keep the ancestors alive. Especially back when the life span was 40 to 50 depending on if you were nobility or not.

Marriage itself is just shit to do, you pay more in taxes for it, but people love the symbolism.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.