[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me something about Frederick II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Frederick_II_and_eagle.jpg (612KB, 593x818px) Image search: [Google]
Frederick_II_and_eagle.jpg
612KB, 593x818px
Tell me something about Frederick II
>>
>>1605719
Tell me about Frederick II why does he wear the crown?
>>
>>1605774
If I pulled that off would he die?
>>
>>1605719
He came after Frederick I
>>
Rather sure he fought the papist corruption
>>
Nigger could speak six languages. He also had the most successful Crusade of any of the nine.

Easily my favorite HRE emperor.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 287x175px
He was The Emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen and also King Frederick I of Sicily
>>
File: Frederick II falconry.jpg (362KB, 964x611px) Image search: [Google]
Frederick II falconry.jpg
362KB, 964x611px
>>1605719
The first Absolute mad man
> Achieves the restitution of Jeruseleum, Nazareth and Bethlehem through diplomacy, and without any blood spillage, whilst under double secret excommunication by the Pope
> Ban trials of Ordeal because they're fucking stupid
> Holy Roman Emperor, and religious sceptic in the fucking 1200s
> Instead of genocoding the Muslim population of Sicily, just have them deported. Later have these same Muslims enlisted in your army, some of them appointed as your personal bodyguard because the Pope can't get to them when they don't believe in Christ.
> Very definition of a Renaissance man
> Have one of the first modern kingdoms in Europe, complete with a centralised bureaucracy.

The guy just didn't give a fuck. Pic related's from his bitching book on falconry.
>>
> In the language deprivation experiment young infants were raised without human interaction in an attempt to determine if there was a natural language that they might demonstrate once their voices matured. It is claimed he was seeking to discover what language would have been imparted unto Adam and Eve by God. In his Chronicles Salimbene wrote that Frederick bade "foster-mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which had been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments."

The man was a bit too clever for his own good
>>
>>1608079
the sixth crusade was fucking bizzare

frederick and al-kamil was an absolute madman, the diplomatic mission probably goes something along like this "anyone who likes birds is an alright dude in my book here take jerusalems"
>>
>raised by the pope
>fucks every one's shit up to his way back to the emperor throne

>gets excommunicated
>twice

>promises to go on a crusade
>after two years of not sending troops, pope gets angry
>he goes when he is no longer expected to
>befriends the sultan Al-Kamil
>given jerusalem and gets crowned "king of Jerusalem" for pure keks by al-kamil
>comes back triumphantly
>years later, speaks arab and invites based Averroës to his court

its like his whole purpose in life is to make the pope butthurt
>>
>>1605719
>Spoke 5 languages
>at odds with pope
>fucked around in Italy a lot
>was supposed to crusade in Egypt but didn't
>>
>>1608121
I love it how the Patriarch was all pissy and refused to crown him, so he just took the crown out of his hands and did it himself.
>>
File: 1431756860627.png (363KB, 573x576px) Image search: [Google]
1431756860627.png
363KB, 573x576px
>>1608128
> You will never a comfy night with Sultan Al-Kamil and Holy-Roman Emperor Frederick II where you stay up late talking about falconry, politics and philosophy; staying to observe the morning prayer as westerner with some delicious coffee
>>
he recaptured jerusalem without a single casualties
>>
>>1608079
>Holy Roman Emperor, and religious sceptic in the fucking 1200s
He wasn't a religious sceptic though. He was a believing Christian, often went to spend time in a monastery and combatted heresy in his lands.
He was just against certain aspects of contemporary papacy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.