[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Christianity racist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: JesusWhite.jpg (508KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
JesusWhite.jpg
508KB, 720x540px
Why are there no non-Middle Eastern figures in the Bible? Why only Caucasians in a message that is supposed to be universal? God obviously should have known how important representation is shouldn't he?

This is why you have things like Mormonism and Islam... nobody relates to something that has nothing to do with you so you have to make your own thing
>>
>>1604437
Hella fr*cking epic, son
my wife is so proud you posted this
>>
>>1604437
In Christ there is no East or West, Gentile or Jew, Servant or Free, Wonan or Man
>>
There were a few black africans in the bible, all righteous

Moses's wife, the Ethiopian soldier, Pharaoh Taharqa
>>
>>1604463
Omfg, you're so racist for mentioning those Bible characters. Please kys, my man.
>>
>>1604463
Moses gets in trouble for marrying her because she's not a Jew IIRC

Pretty racist
>>
>>1604437
The depiction of jesus is meant to be different for every culture. The bible is full of middle eastern culture.
>>
>>1604482
Wtf I hate Israelites now
>>
>>1604437
The fitst non Jewish convert was a literal Ethiopian eunuch.

>>1604482
You mean his sister has a bitchfit about it and God punishes her for it.
>>
Moreover, both pagan and christian accounts describe him as ugly-small-not much of a handsome guy. Early Christians actually liked the idea that someone who did not looked "kingly" was the king himself.

It is funny because Christians In this board accused me of being a shill/fedora, while I was just copy pasting from tertullian and iraneaus. Anything less than >6 feet blonde blue eyed aryan jesus triggers some people.
>>
>>1604506
Iirc when this was brought up in another thread it was pointed out all those accounts of his appearance were made by people who could never have seen him in person
>>
But Jesus was middle Eastern
>>
>>1604482
Nope

God punishes Aaron and Miriam for being racist
>>
>>1604536
Thats what hes saying moron
>>
>>1604516
of course but while early Christian accounts portrayed him as such, later on "Christ is perfect therefore he must be handsome" meme gain prominance.

Early accounts both from those who love him and hate him focus on how ugly he is while later accounts make a more glorified description of him. I would say it is far more likely that early writers, had write down the oral account of jesus (which probably could be traced back to eyewitness) and later on people like Augustine and Aquinas fall into the "perfect jesus" meme.

at best you can say "we don't know" for all early accounts describe him as ugly in general and trend only change after Augistine
>>
>>1604437
>that is supposed to be universal?

How the hell is Christianity universal? It's literally a Jewish sect, as is Islam.
>>
>>1604571
Considering they're explicity told that race/ethnicity don't matter, and to make disciples of all nations, it's safe to say universal
>>
>>1604571
Matthew 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
>>
>>1604506
>The early Christian authors were by no means concordant in their opinions of the personal appearance of Jesus. Some, basing their judgment on Isa. Iii. and liii., denied him all beauty and comeliness, while others, with reference to Ps. xlv. 3, regarded him as the most beautiful of mankind. To the former class belong Justin Martyr, Clement of Alexandria, Basil, Isidor of Peluaium, Theodoret, Cyril of Alexandria, Tertullian, and Cyprian. Origen declared that Christ assumed whatever form was suited to circumstances. It was not until the fourth century that Chrysostom and Jerome laid emphasis upon the beauty of Jesus. While Isidor of Pelusium had referred the phrase, "Thou art fairer than the children of men" in Ps. xlv. 2, to the divine virtue of Christ, Chrysotom interpreted the lack of comeliness mentioned in Isa. liii. 2 as an allusion to the humiliation of the Lord. Jerome saw in the profound impression produced by the first sight of Jesus upon disciples and foes alike a proof of heavenly beauty in face and eyes. From the insults inflicted upon Jesus Augustine concluded that he had appeared hateful to his persecutors, while actuallly he had been more beautiful than all, since the virgins had loved him.
What would these pagans accounts be?
>>
>>1604541
I thought the only accounts of him were along the lines of "he was unremarkable in looks" and "eh he just looks like a guy you know? Like any other guy" not that he was necessarily ugly, but not good looking either
>>
Its chiefly set in the Middle East, of course there are Middle Eastern characters. Do not confuse later religious art with the Bible itself

What's more it really is universal - it predates retarded identity politics so it does not emphasize ethnicity etc.

Weak bait but you did manage to make me reply, 2/10
>>
>>1604575
>>1604580
Why do racists from /pol/ like clinging to christianity?

It boggles my mind to claim you love Jesus and say you want to commit violent genocide in the same breath

After the black church shooting they were jumping for joy and saying "lol fuck niggers"
>>
>>1604575
>>1604580
Yeah, I get that, but you can't expect a book written in 200 A.D in the Middle-East to include people from East-Asia, Europe and the Americas, because chances are the inhabitants of the ME didn't even know people lived there.
>>
>>1604603
If you weren't a moron, which you obviously are, you'd realize /pol/ is not a single person. There are Christians, Pagans, even Jew, hell thr majority of /pol/ is probably atheist or agnostic.

For example a lot of the Catholics were hoping the black cardinal would get to be the Pope since he hates muslims with a passion.
>>
>>1604617
It's the infallible Word of God anon.
>>
>>1604635
>It's the infallible Word of God

No it isn't.
>>
>>1604516
Just like everything else related to Christianity and Jesus.
>>
>>1604506
>2 BC
>implying everyone wasnt ugly from inbreeding, poor nutrition, disease and FAS
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.