[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how was dental treatment in medieval ages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CF2fzlxWEAAlD3b.jpg (30KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
CF2fzlxWEAAlD3b.jpg
30KB, 360x360px
how was dental treatment in medieval ages?
>>
Don't eat shit food and your teeth will be fine for the most part.

Biggest reason why we go to the dentist in the modern world is because sugar is in nearly all the food we eat. Back then sugar was a luxury. You ate fucking beats and cooked lion.

What kind of bacteria wants to have some of that?
>>
>>1604677
i don't think every peasant ate beasts and lion
>>
>>1604677

This.

It wasn't as much of a deal as it is now. It's sugary food/drinks and acidic stuff like milk or yoghurt what fucks up the teeth. Back then it was cereals, vegetables and occassionally meat unless you are a wealthy nobleman.

Life expectancy was short as well.
>>
>>1604765
Yogurt is good for your teeth.

Also yogurt wasn't a thing in Europe in medieval ages, it was Francis I who made it popular
>>
>>1603981
You can see the motherfucker took pleasure from his job.
>>
>>1603981
painful
>>
>>1604677
>Don't eat shit food and your teeth will be fine for the most part.
Plenty of mummies we've found had issues with their teeth. While it's possible that pre-historic people had slightly less issues with their teeth, ever since they started to settle and grain became a major part of their diet their teeth were getting worse due to the starch.
This hippie idea of modern food being what's wrong with the world is nonsense. People back then had bad teeth, they developed cancer, clogged arteries and all the issues that plague us today.

Certainly, sugary and acidic foods play their part, but it's not like this was exclusively a modern issue.

>>1603981
>>1604792
Also, it should be considered that this picture is most likely not a depiction of medieval dentist practice but a depiction of a saint's martyrdom.
>>
>>1605062
>Also, it should be considered that this picture is most likely not a depiction of medieval dentist practice but a depiction of a saint's martyrdom.
Saint Appolonia. The internet loves to take medieval images out of context.
>>
>>1604677
>>1604765
They had terrible teeth. Only hunter-gatherers do OK without much dental care because they don't base their diets on starchy foods, like agricultural peoples do.
>>
>>1605394
Wouldn't mind deepthroating her toothless face if you know what I mean
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.