[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Day Poland Saved Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920).jpg (312KB, 1120x704px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920).jpg
312KB, 1120x704px
No, the other day when Poland saved Europe, when the Poles defeated the Bolshevik horde at the gates of Warsaw in 1920.

“The Polish victory at Warsaw was absolute but not decisive. On August 31st Polish forces engaged and defeated General Budyonny's 1st Cavalry Army at the battle of Komarow and followed suite with two more victory's at the battle's of the Niemen River, September 15th - 25th in which a further 40,000 prisoners were taken and the battle of the Szczara River in early October which finally broke the back of the Russian Army as a whole.

The Soviet Union now had no choice but to sue for peace, offering the Poles vast amounts of territory along their borders in exchange for the armistice which was signed on October 12th, with the Final terms agreed upon at the Treaty of Riga on 18 March 1921.

Throughout Europe there was great relief at the news of the Polish victory, Poland had stood alone and bore the full brunt of the Red Army and Lenin's idea of exporting the communist revolution by force of arms. Poland's victory also thwarted the Communist time table for expansion into Central Europe for the next quarter century.”

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/html/the_battle_of_warsaw.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

My paternal grandfather was an infantryman with the Austro-Hungarian army in WWI then the Polish army after, while my maternal grandfather was in the Imperial Russian horse artillery and then the Polish army.

There’s a chance that my grandfathers may have been shooting at each other early in the war, then fighting side-by-side in the Polish-Soviet War.

If it wasn’t for them, you’d all be speaking Communist.
>>
File: Aug14-Battle_of_Warsaw_1920_Map.png (325KB, 1053x883px) Image search: [Google]
Aug14-Battle_of_Warsaw_1920_Map.png
325KB, 1053x883px
>>1602228
>>
File: Aug18-Battle_Map_Warsaw_1920.jpg (744KB, 1147x960px) Image search: [Google]
Aug18-Battle_Map_Warsaw_1920.jpg
744KB, 1147x960px
>>1602236
>>
A shame they couldnt save it from the Eternal Teuton
Not using horses against tanks would have helped
>>
What stopped Poland from experiencing economic progress? It wasn't marginal land like Russia, it actually produced a good amount of grain that would feed Europe. Did surviving the black plague unscathed become an element that led to its backwards progress?
>>
File: Luxtorpeda.jpg (241KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Luxtorpeda.jpg
241KB, 1200x900px
>>1602304
>What stopped Poland from experiencing economic progress?

Interwar Poland was on par with Italy and quite advanced, considering it was mostly an agricultural country with most of it’s primary coal and iron producing region still in the hands of the Germans.

If not for WWII and 50 years of Soviet domination, Poland would have been on par with Western Europe, as shown by it current economic progress despite the above.
>>
>>1602333
>Interwar Poland was on par with Italy
>quite advanced
Pick one and only one, ya dumb Polack.
>>
>>1602333

I'm talking from the late middle ages, Poland seemed to languish when compared to the rest of Europe.

Perhaps it could have been due to the lack of Roman influence on government/culture? Of course the Horsefuckers in Crimea etc would prove a big issue to them. While Spain benefited from having heathan neighbors, Poland had too many strong heathan's nearby to stall them?
>>
>>1602228
Is this seriously what Pollacks believe?
>>
>>1602341
>>1602392
I want the Eternal Sauerkraut to leave
>>
>>1602405
Fuck off, Pierogi shit.
>>
File: CMOZbTEUMAA_cKs.png (331KB, 531x287px) Image search: [Google]
CMOZbTEUMAA_cKs.png
331KB, 531x287px
>>1602420
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.