[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I into theology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: pray_hands.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
pray_hands.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
how do I into theology?
>>
Make up words.
Make up definitions of words.
Argue semantics against other people that do the same thing.
Kill them if they disagree with you.
Profit.
>>
File: zOocEbw.png (69KB, 915x711px) Image search: [Google]
zOocEbw.png
69KB, 915x711px
>>1602007
>>
>>1602007
This desu godcucks are subhuman garbage.
>>
>>1602012
What a rebuttal! So faith and reason can indeed be reconciled.
>>
>>1601984
>"God is teaching us that we must live as humans who can get along very well without God. The God who is with us is the God who forsakes us. The God who makes us live in this world without using God as a working hypothesis is the god before whom we are standing. Before God and with God we live without God. God allows Himself to be edged out of the world and on to the cross. God is weak and powerless in the world, and that is exactly the way, the only way, in which God can be with us and help us."
-Bonhoeffer
>>
File: 14694921019141.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14694921019141.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>1602007
>>1602016
>>1602022
>>1602025
theology is a humanistic discipline and your euphoric shitposting won't change that
>>
>>1601984
uhhh, racist sexist homophobic much?
>>
>>1602166
It is not
Religious studies and religious philosophy are
Theology is not
>>
>>1602184
I misread humanistic as humanity, whoops
Doesn't change the fact that this thread is off topic
>>
>>1601984
Lobotomy
>>
No seriously. Reading a theology book is like reading a book of ancient philosophy. They unironically use concepts like essence and substance, except when Aristotle used them he was actually trying to give explanations for how stuff worked with the means that were available to him and using the most advanced knowledge of his time. Theologians on the other hand are still using those same concepts as if history had remained still and science had not advanced since Aristotle's time. That's what you get when you shift the focus from reasoning based on observation to fiction: nothing will ever come along to disprove your theories and concepts therefore you will never need to change them.
>>
>>1602256
I listened to a lecture on Thomas Aquinas and the lecturer unironically mentioned the four elements and the movements of the spheres. I mean, fuck. These people get paid a salary!
>>
>>1601984
Aquinas basically ended Christian Theology. There hasn't been any major advancements since his time. Just people repeating what he's said in different ways and trying to obfuscate that their entire framework rests on Aristotelian logic and ideas.

If you really care about this bullshit just read Aquinas is what I'm getting at. Augustine too.
>>
>>1602273
Im intirested in theology in general not just christian theology. Pretty much anything related to religion perhaps religious philosophy but not from a atheistic or cynical point of view
>>
>>1602166
>Bonhoeffer was a bona fide theologian and a man of God. It's too profundis for you, not fedora tipping.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.