[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uni Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 67

File: 0017.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
0017.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
Been a long time since we had a uni thread. Seems appropriate seeming as the next year is about to start again.

>What you study
>How you rate your course
>>
>Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and History

It's a tad too theoretical than hands on. The history has been great though. I really like the focus on social and cultural history instead of military history and the new move into local Australian history is rather interesting.
>>
File: 2ekRStE.jpg (695KB, 2346x2127px) Image search: [Google]
2ekRStE.jpg
695KB, 2346x2127px
I'm majoring in Advanced Shitposting.
>>
>>1595515
celtic or rangers?
>>
>>1595558
ay same uni, but I do STEM because I'm too much of a pussy to do philosophy because I fell for the >muh jobs, meme
>>
File: ANU_LOGO_MONO_39mm(1).jpg (57KB, 485x197px) Image search: [Google]
ANU_LOGO_MONO_39mm(1).jpg
57KB, 485x197px
>Double degree B/Econcomics and B/Systems Engineering

Econ is shit. It's catered towards grad students. Everyone who isn't doing the degree is either indifferent or a sociology student (i.e. Marxist but it's politically unpopular to say that) so there isn't much love.

Engineering is alright, needs to focus on the technical aspect more.
>>
>>1595626
Hey classmate
>Not doing a double degree in Law and Economics
I pity you
>>
>>1595576
>Debate club president.
>>
>>1595629
>>1595576
Fucking brilliant kek
>>
File: CentredImage,296488,en.jpg (95KB, 700x333px) Image search: [Google]
CentredImage,296488,en.jpg
95KB, 700x333px
queensbros ww@
>>
any /oxbridge/ bros here?
>>
>>1595558
Looking at uni's in England atm for the same course, what would you say IR is like, is it just meme tier philosophies or is it any good
>>
>>1595660
what unis you looking at ked?
>>
>>1595646

what do you study? I went on Erasmus Exchange to QUB
>>
>>1595627

Do law do better tutes than econ? I'm getting pissed at learning from 'tutors' who just get so nervous they just sweat out the whole class.
>>
File: 1465706411224.jpg (12KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1465706411224.jpg
12KB, 600x398px
>>1595667
History and politics my dude

Politics department is pretty pathetic imo but history was always my focus anyway

What'd you study?
>>
>>1595659

Oxford here, MPhil. Entering second year. Really don't like the place desu. Not trying to be edgy - just have never really gelled with it.
>>
>>1595671
What college?
>>
>>1595676

CCC
>>
>>1595679
my cousin went there and loved it. What don't you like about it? The atmosphere? The ethos? I've heard that Oxford is a lot more intimidating and artificial than Cambridge is.
>>
>>1595646
Muh nigga.
>>
>>1595685

Artificial is probably the right word. Because under all the lovely buildings, as an institution it hasn't struck me as having any genuine greater attachment to scholarship than anywhere else I've experienced. It's been disappointing to be honest.

The libraries and the amount of stuff you can take out of them is brilliant, but that's about all I've come to love.

And yeah, the collegiate thing - I think a reality of it that gets skipped over is how stifling it can be. It is meant to ensure an intimacy of discourse and pastoral care, but in reality turns the university into 38 isolated little communities. Even when the fac makes an effort to get people together, it doesn't really work.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't shit. I just think the myth gets bandied about so much - I think before I went it would have been great to speak with some people who didn't enjoy it so much, just to have some balance before arriving.

Intimidating? Not really - for a lot of people the important thing is to be seen to be doing, rather than actually doing - if that makes sense. This makes playing 'the game' a little more intimidating because the brown-nosing factor is huge, but other than that, if you don't want to associate with people like that, it's easy not to.
>>
>>1595670

p. cool - currently doing my master's in International Public Management & Policy. studied EU politics & IR while I was there. was two years ago though but I noticed the post-modernist narrative creeping into the curriculum.

is history any better?
>>
>>1595669
God no. Any communication with them is better spent reading binding precedents you will never see again
>>
>>1595515
Liverpool John Moores

LLB Law & CJ, going to be a third year.

Oh baby. Where do I start?

Law & CJ was sold as a course combining the best of both. In reality, it's fucking everything, and the best of both will be drowned out by shit. They teach you things you will never need to ever know again. Why did we learn research shit? I don't want to be a legal academic.

Teaching is patchy. Some lecturers can actually teach, others read off of powerpoint slides in a quiet voice while they're audibly cucked by retards at the back of the hall talking about how much they drink and smoke and suck dicks on the weekends. It's kind of sad to see them not be able to get a word in.

Personal tutors are a godsend, or at least mine is. The rest of the staff are literally appropriated legal research staff who are bad at teaching. Most of the personal tutors are practitioners who seem to be really good at teaching when they're actually in a lecture.

Additionally, it's kind of goofy having to do the EU law exam after the referendum. I understand why, but it's still goofy. It's also very goofy having to do an entire module on it, and another module on legal research, despite something like only 1% of the students on the course actually have an interest in either. I sat in magistrates' for half a year, almost every day, because I found it interesting - I didn't see a single application of EU law, or a mention of leprechaun shit legal research. And why would I? They don't care, nobody cares, nobody brings them up.

>how would you make things better?
Demolish it. Build a new university. Get rid of most of the researchers and academics who obviously hate teaching and would prefer to masturbate in their offices over statistics.

Alternatively, rebrand the law degrees as "the study of law" rather than an LLB, so people know to go somewhere else. I learned more about practice and the criminal law in my spare time than I did in university.
>>
>>1595752
I mean, I get it, it's just an undergraduate degree, I'm sure they're all mediocre for going into practice later, but I'm sure there are universities where most of the staff are motivated and actually know how to teach, as opposed to zombies and research monkeys.
>>
Majoring in History, still trying to decide on a double major. Any ideas?
>>
And don't even get me started on the students. They're all retards.

Plagiarism and cheating is rampant. I didn't even have to search for a coursework question to find it curiously pop up at the top of Google with reworded client names.

It's literally the same as high school, where there were copying cliques a la
>hey if you let me copy you, I'll suck your dick
between groups of girls, and groups of Asians.

Speaking of Asians, I'm getting real tired of other brown people getting all friendly and asking for a copy of my work. Why is it always Saudis?

tldr; fuck LJMU, I should have went to anywhere else. Picking this place on a whim was a terrible idea.
>>
>>1595515
>apparently a keynsian school
>austrian economics
>dialectical
>>
>>1595515
Durham all up in this bitch. MA in Classics.

The course is pretty good, I can't really complain. My main issues are similar to >>1595706

The college system just makes it feel like the university is more similar to a series of mini-universities sharing facilities rather than one big university.

At the moment I'm bored as fuck, almost everyone has left and I'll be following them as soon as I submit my dissertation.
>>
>>1595780
Lad that bill bryson library looks depressing as fuck
>>
anyone at cambridge?
>>
In a community college, majoring in Game Development. Hoping to learn enough to make big bucks from a retarded Indie Game or to find a job at some well-known firm.
>>
>>1595922
I've been in worse
>>
File: 1464800448244.jpg (125KB, 1375x749px) Image search: [Google]
1464800448244.jpg
125KB, 1375x749px
>>1595950
>In a community college, majoring in Game Development.
>>
File: CR4uD0nUkAAMfeR.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CR4uD0nUkAAMfeR.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
>>1595950
>>
>>1595950
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA..

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHHA

Fucking plebeian get off my board
>>
Kansai Gaidai, Osaka, Japan (exchange)

History

Classes haven't started yet but the one of SE Asia says that imperial Japan gave SE Asia the opportunity to miberate themselves so...
>>
Starting my Master's in History at Central European University, Budapest

>get summa dat sweet sweet Soros money
>>
bumpo
>>
File: logoUBC.gif (24KB, 1106x1505px) Image search: [Google]
logoUBC.gif
24KB, 1106x1505px
taking international economics at UBC
>>
>>1595582
>Sports
Nah man.
>>
WVU fag here. Currently sitting in my history class waiting for my teacher to arrive.
>>
File: au_logo_new_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
au_logo_new_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
Second year here, studying history. Switched last year from Electrical Engineering. Hoping to get into law school after my undergraduate. Most of my professors so far have been fine as far as I'm concerned, but I don't really have a great frame of reference for good and bad professors.
>>
if your uni isn't in the world top 200, lmao desu
>>
>>1595582
Rangers here.

Graduated from university a couple of years ago though, still living in Glasgow though.
>>
bump, any history undergrads here?
>>
File: download (4).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Private university in Minnesota. Its really small, like 3000 people but the admission standards arent very high.

Studying Anthropology with a focus in Aztec archaeology.
>>
>>1595669
Umass Amherst
Economics
Everyone is nice and there's a lot of extra curriculum help, I'm just a huge retard.
>>
>History

I'm loving it. One of the best unis to study Latin American history. My summer class about the Indians of Colonial Mexico is interesting and personal to me.
>>
File: 2000px-UCLA_bruins_textlogo.svg_.png (300KB, 2000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-UCLA_bruins_textlogo.svg_.png
300KB, 2000x1480px
>>1597318
Forgot my image.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>tfw unironic high schooler
hi grandad
>>
>>1597337
you can do both la
the most employable non-vocational degrees are probably history, english, and any science that doesn't automatically qualify you for a job

it helps to go to a good uni obv, if you don't think you have a chance of getting into any of the really top ones look at the other ancients like aberdeen, glasgow, and some of the better newer ones like southampton, sheffield, queen's, kent etc
>>
>>1597337

Hopefully you love engineering.
>>
>>1597337
Do what you like. I think you'll be much more happier with your life as a student. If your interest is in demand in the jobplace, win win.

Anyone else know what the job market is like for someone doing an International Politics and Conflict Studies course?
>>
File: Maslows_Hierarchy_of_Needs.gif (21KB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
Maslows_Hierarchy_of_Needs.gif
21KB, 540x385px
>>1597337
>loads are telling me to study what I love, others are telling me get a degree that gets a job.
Doing something you have absolutely no interest in won't make you happy. Keep in mind that you will spend most of your days with the subject you are studying.
>>
>>1597425
Very decent if you live in a capital city and are prepared to whore yourself out for a while FOR FREE.
>>
>>1597455
No point picking something you like that has zero employement prospects though.
I see many unhappy people that realize they chose an over saturated or gimmicky field that leaves them unemployed or scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Odds are you can find someone in your broad area of interest that is also not complete shit, if you don't go for the first "muh dream" shit that crops up.
>>
>>1597476
>tfw live in Belfast

Well, guess I'm moving unless I can become a 'community worker.'
>>
>>1597490
join the uda desu
are you at Queen's or Ulster?
>>
File: emory.gif (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emory.gif
34KB, 600x600px
any other Emoryfags in here? flood warning my ass
>>
>>1597490
Belfast is probably one of the better places for it considering its the capital of NI and has a very complex political system.

Do some work with a party and it'll lead to employment opportunities. If you volunteer for a political party, you'll get chances for internships and eventually jobs if you stick with it. Do you support a party in particular?

This is the website for political jobs in the UK. http://www.w4mp.org/
>>
>>1597495
Queens.

Mate Sinn Fein is the truly easy ride at the moment. Being an MLA for one of the large parties in a safe seat is the dream.

>>1597514
Cheers for the advice and the website. I'm probably closest to the People Before Profit Trotskyists because of how fucked our political system is and they genuinely seem like they are good people who aren't careerists. I have worked with the DUP as well and they are complete careerists.
>>
>>1597337
DO HISTORY KED AT OXBRIDGE
>>
So yanks explain this to me. In the US theres fucking thousands of Universities, so how do you decide which one to apply to? Theres also "Colleges" like Pomona and Boston. What are they and how do they differ? Why would you apply to those over another?
>>
>>1597535
Why'd you work with the DUP?
>>
>>1597559
Work experience. I wanted to put myself around people I wouldn't have agreed with on a lot of issues. I emailed the five largest parties and they were by far the quickest to get back and were pleasant about me going with them.
>>
>>1597572
Not the guy you were replying to, but when I was 17 I did work experience with my local (Labour) MP, pretty decent.
>>
>>1597578
Yeah, it's actually quite interesting to shadow a political party as they do what political parties do.

It also shows you how weird politicians are and how incompetent they are without an aide telling them where to go and what to say.
>>
>>1597595
literally the thick of it / yes minister
>>
>>1597578
>>1597595
I am the guy you were replying to and in the Miliband years I was pretty active in the party. Top kek, I can't be bothered anymore.
>>
Going to start translation at Mcgill next week. Feels good man
>>
>>1595576
I know that's an old pic but
>No Yuri Bezmenov
>>
>>1597550

They're the same thing, basically.
>>
>>1595515
Who else /pussied out of History/ here?
I decided to go for a Law degree instead and it makes me want to swallow all the pills desu
>>
>pic related

>Bioengineering

It's bretty good. Nice amount of hands on experience. Get to specialize fairly early. Department isn't a complete shit fest. Not exactly /his/, but meh.
>>
File: ImperialLogo.png (185KB, 1505x396px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialLogo.png
185KB, 1505x396px
>>1597731
>Forgot the darn pic
>>
>>1597337
Find something you're interested in enough to want to do it for the rest of your life. Don't choose a subject just because other people recommend it for work, pick a subject you'd enjoy working in.

Also, enjoy your ban.
>>
>going to university
>for a piece of paper
>when higher level courses are available online for free
>http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

You guys know it's not what you know it's who you know? Going to uni will, in most cases, not mean getting a job in your chosen course, as you simply don't know any links into the field.

Uni is a plague on this world.
>doctors
>shit pay unless private
>one of highest medical course costs
>'best' profession in the world
>shortage of doctors worldwide
Makessense.jpeg
>>
Université Lyon II
Anthropology and Political sciences
Highly politicized university in the context of a long term social movement against our neo-liberal government and the presidential elections in 2017.
I expect several weeks of blocus and some fights with riot police.
I love this <3
>>
>>1597754
>you can learn all by yourself reading Free stuff online
Kys please
>>
>>1597730
Was debating between the two and picked History, and im fucking loving it, get to pick papers on any era I want, loving it man
>>
File: UT.png (61KB, 550x210px) Image search: [Google]
UT.png
61KB, 550x210px
We have fifty thousand students so I know I can't be the only one on /his/ that goes here
>>
BUcks New Uni.

Criminal Justice.

Really shit, just a meme course. Shared with the Society and Health department so we have to do their shitty sociology modules. It's enough to get me into civil service, just wish I could have been engaged more academically.

For any a-levels/college fags, genuinely think long and hard about the degree you want. Don't rush into one because everyone else is doing it.
>>
>>1597809
>mit is not worthwhile
>you cannot learn on your own without a teacher spoonfeeding you
xD

Nah mate, kill yourself.
>>
>>1595706
>Artificial is probably the right word. Because under all the lovely buildings, as an institution it hasn't struck me as having any genuine greater attachment to scholarship than anywhere else I've experienced.

You pretty much fell for the Oxford meme. The only university that competes with the US is LSE (in economics). None of the others come close. Imperial and Cambridge are great, but none of them can really compete.

Oxford is on the way out, it just can't compete with London and the rest of the world.
>>
>>1597913
I completely agree, but you don't need to compete with the US to have a great career or get something out of going there. In the UK, if you've got an Oxford degree, in anything, you're set up for life.
>>
>>1597754
going to uni is still the best way to get a good job even though it does not guarantee it, some jobs have a "bachelors barrier" where you cant get the job without having a bachelors degree in anything
>>
>>1598005
>"bachelors barrier" where you cant get the job without having a bachelors degree in anything

Yes I know. (TESOL teacher) but this doesn't matter. I've taught in Japan without a bachelor's degree as I was lucky enough to find a company which was willing to look past that and hire me anyway as they were impressed with my lessons.

You can always find someone willing to look past these barriers, if you look long and hard enough, and can prove you are worth the risk.

>going to uni is still the best way to get a good job
This is so subjective in this day and age it's got literally no point. People have and always will find being a garbage man to be a good profession.
>>
File: University_of_Kent_logo.png (45KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
University_of_Kent_logo.png
45KB, 1280x853px
Going here in a month to do computer science. Seems good so far, beautiful town and the people on the open day weren't complete sperglords like they were at every since RG one I attended.

However, my highest grade was in history, and I love history. The trouble is I love computer science too.

I am reconsidering altogether, I may switch to history or resit a few of my maths modules and try to go for Oxford since they're AAA, and I have A*BB.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>>1595515 (OP)
>That feel when you realise you're not the only GU student on /his/
>>
>>1597913
LSE is a shit-fest.
>>
Red pill me on doing a History degree /his/ - is it a meme?
>>
Cal Poly Pamona.
Mechanical Engineering

3.5/5, with the conversion to semester system it will sink, but not gonna be around for that. B)
>>
>>1597550
Colleges are one "school" that only gives out undergraduate degrees. Universities contain multiple schools, such as a law school, medical school, etc. Boston College is actually a university that was originally just a college but expanded. It kept the name to differentiate itself from Boston University (a terrible school with a shit hockey team)
>>
File: 8182101129_e61e9defa9.jpg (136KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
8182101129_e61e9defa9.jpg
136KB, 500x281px
University of Oklahoma
Anthropology

Program is enjoyable, lots of focus on Native cultures obviously, but also in full lock step with diversity shit.
>>
>>1598261
Do it if you enjoy it, can get a high gpa in it and want to go to law school anyway. Go into as little debt as possible, you'll need to be able to take out law school loans. Same can be said for poli-sci. History departments seem to be far to the left of poli-sci departments (which are still left of center)
>>
File: image.png (548KB, 1450x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
548KB, 1450x1200px
Is there something interesting about your unis?
>First uni to have a nuclear reactor built for it.
>Oldest aeronautical programme.
>>
>>1598340
Mine was founded 2 years before the fall of Constantinople
>>
>>1598352
Mine was founded 244 years before the fall
>>
>>1598356
I like your Union's youtube channel compared to Oxford's pish. If your Union debates are anything to go by, your uni is much much better than Oxford.
>>
>>1598359
Yeah Oxford are a bunch of entitled, elitist twerps.
>>
>>1598366
That's my sense too. The channel, as a channel, is poorly put together and the debates are quite superficial but that's not my main issue. It's the points of information and floor speeches (by the students) that are actually a full level below those on Cambridge ones, if you closed your eyes and ignored the posh accents it could be any UK top 10 uni.

Is Cambridge worth the effort? I'm thinking of trying for a Masters there.
>>
>>1598376
Of course it is. A degree from Cambridge just sets you up for life, and the university itself is absolutely tremendous. The city ain't half bad either. Do it.
>>
will start in UC Riverside as an undergrad, how fucked I am?
>>
Does university prestige matter when you do your Masters and phd?
>>
>>1598384
Thanks for the encouragement. How do-able is to get into a Masters? Already have a BA and an MA from GU.
>>
>>1598400
>Riverside
Should've studied more pleb
>>
University of Alabama
Polishing off Physics and Econ major, already finished BS Biology and am doing research for eventual PhD
A solid 8 or so. My main physics teacher is an MIT honor grad so he can literally teach you much as you man possibly want.
>>
Going into 3rd Year Philosophy at University of Bristol. Will have to work hard as hell to get 2:1, first is impossible. Am meant to pick topic for extended essay, have no fucking clue what to pick. I like Ancient Philosophy but have no idea how to write something current on it. I basically scraped by the years I have done so I am shit at looking up extra material.
>>
File: Split-M-Maize-bar.gif (52KB, 614x365px) Image search: [Google]
Split-M-Maize-bar.gif
52KB, 614x365px
U of M
Civil Engineering, focus in Structural Engineering
I switched out of Computer Science because I can't sit behind a desk every day for my life, and buildings are pretty interesting, easier to understand, and neat to look at.
I would be getting a History minor if I had the time--taking 18 credits for next two semesters so I can graduate in 4 years.
>>
>>1598340
Mine has the national record of students living under poverty line. >>1597799
Also the most students into prostitution afaik
(26000 total students)
>>
>>1598417
Can't tell you, still only an undergraduate myself. Just give it a go and see what happens. Do a lot of research on picking a college as well.
>>
Bump, any oxbridge here or London (UCL, ICL, LSE) lads here?
>>
File: download.png (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
18KB, 225x225px
Undergrad at UNC Chapel Hill, majored in English (minor History), but applying to Elon Law School. Currently working at a firm
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 168x200px
I'm at /Edinburgh/ studying history
>>
Sociology undergrad with several history modules at the University of Edinburgh
>>
>>1599581
How is it?
>>
STEM is a meme
>>
>>1599352

Your college at Cambridge and Oxford do not matter in the slightest at post-grad level. You won't have tuts there, you are EXTREMELY unlikely to be living actually in college like undergrads, and the social lives of colleges that are not exclusively post-grad tends to be entirely geared towards looking after the JCR.

Just telling it how it is.

t. MPhil Cambridge, DPhil Oxford
>>
City University London representing

...what a fucking shithole
>>
>>1599681
What college did you go to at Cambridge? What was it like?
>>
>>1599720

Homerton. It was nice enough, but it's not one of the classically beautiful colleges. I found Cambridge in general, and the college in particular, to be more suffocating than Oxford.
>>
>>1599730
Any idea what the History department is like at Cambridge? At an under and post graduate level?
>>
>>1599735

Incestuous, full of brown-nosing, socially-inept ASNAC students.
>>
>>1595660

IR is some of the most useful stuff I've learned really. Definitely take it up.
>>
>>1599681
So would you recommend Cam for post-grad?
>>
>>1599757
Haha
>>
>>1599757
any idea what the best college is for History?
>>
>>1599804

To be honest, of the two, I have preferred Oxford. It's a bit busier, the faculty and cross-faculty communications and interactions are more numerous, pointed and valuable, and I feel like it's the better of the two for networking. It also rates more highly with employers.

BUT having experience of both - I can tell you that by and large they are much of a muchness. I'd say the most important thing to remember going in is that the 'myth' of Oxbridge bears little relation to the reality. I went to an internationally top ranking institution for my undergrad, and honestly, there is very little REAL difference between it and Oxbridge.

Just my 2 cents. Take it as you will - I'm sure there are others who feel entirely different about it.
>>
>>1599844
>>1599833
>>
>>1599880

Post-grad or undergrad?
>>
>>1595780
Have fun working at McDonald's for the rest of your life friend
>>
>>1599930
graduate scheme or bust at this point
>>
>>1599889
both
>>
File: The-university-of-warwick[1].gif (117KB, 1300x958px) Image search: [Google]
The-university-of-warwick[1].gif
117KB, 1300x958px
> International Relations and Security

Starting my final year next month, been pretty good so far.
>>
>>1600023
What is Warwick's campus like? Is it depressing and artificial?
>>
>>1600035
Yeah pretty much, it's got good green spaces but the university buildings don't look very nice and reek of 60s modernism.

The actual university makes up for it though.
>>
>>1598558
U of M is a meme, fuck that place
>>
File: bobst.jpg (636KB, 1334x712px) Image search: [Google]
bobst.jpg
636KB, 1334x712px
NYU

>Comp Lit
>Philosophy

interested in digital humanities. any book recs?
>>
>>1600017
bump
>>
File: heheh.png (149KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.png
149KB, 360x406px
>>1598101
Heh, I'm starting there in a few weeks myself.
>>
>>1595515
Your Union building is mega-comfy, went there for a debate tournament
>>
Graduated last year, but

>UC, San Diego

>Primarily Near Eastern History

Great professors, depressing subject matter. In the end fantastic experience that has led me to see that most people are talking out of their ass when it comes to middle eastern history. Overall 9/10
>>
>>1598400
Inland Empire is the most garbage place in southern california
>>
>>1595515
I study Historical Engineering at the University of Tel-Aviv. I enjoy it quite a bit.
>>
>>1598022
Wahey, I live in Kent although I haven't been to uni. My friend did Computer Science and UKC too and well... he's now set to be making about £70k annually by the time he's 30.
>>
>>1600052
Senior year, mate
>>
UAIC Iași
FEAA- marketing, 3rd year
6/10

Will start a double master in financial risk.management with courses in english after this,baka i was stupid picking marketing
>>
File: profilfoto_3.jpg (84KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
profilfoto_3.jpg
84KB, 400x428px
History major, International Relations minor
History is great, IR is way too theoretical so far but I can take some courses on specific topics next semester, maybe it'll get more concrete.
>>
File: 1438947019431.jpg (33KB, 374x454px) Image search: [Google]
1438947019431.jpg
33KB, 374x454px
>>1595670

His & Pol at Queens too, my dude.
>>
File: Murray-State.jpg (190KB, 1523x521px) Image search: [Google]
Murray-State.jpg
190KB, 1523x521px
>>1595515
>Murray State
>International Studies (basically International Relations)
>6.5-7/10

For a regional university, the program is actually pretty robust. There are a ton of student organizations related to it and we're required to take three separate research courses in political science before graduation. Professors are usually very helpful and pretty responsive. Plus class sizes are small. The downside is that sometimes there's only one section of the more specific classes available per semester/year
>>
>Warwick
>Law and Business
Enjoying it much more than I was expecting, my only problem is far too many of the tutors aren't native English speakers, which makes seminars a bit of a pain sometimes.

>>1600023
I haven't met anyone doing that before, what sort of content do you cover?
>>
Graduated from University of Aberdeen last year in an degree I had no interest in (wouldve picked maths or physics if I could go back in time). I had a very awful and uninspiring time.
>>
>>1596013
What university did you come from? I have a couple of friends who are studying at Kansai Gaidai this semester
>>
Starting Dentistry at Silesian Medical University. I've heard only terrible things about it so far.
>>
>>1600209
Dat snooker room
>>
>>1600243
Thanks for the good news
>>
>>1600703
What did you think of the university itself? Starting there soon
>>
>>1601071
No problem.

Also the CCCU bar (near Odeon) has cheap drinks and a free jukebox; it's a great place to get on it with the lads.
>>
>>1601119
Thanks I'll check it out
>>
bump, decent thread
>>
any history undergrads here?
>>
about to start 3rd year of philosophy at glasgow. pretty gd place imo
>>
>>1602032
meme uni kid
>>
File: QueensLogo_colour.png (49KB, 768x584px) Image search: [Google]
QueensLogo_colour.png
49KB, 768x584px
>Queen's University in Canada
>Concurrent Education / History & Geography (Bachelors of Education alongside your other degree)
>Pretty comfy program: Great job opportunities and it has a 91% acceptance average so their's not a lot of dumb people in it,
>>
Undergrad BA Hons in Ancient History from University of Manchester. Thesis on Roman infighting being the primary cause of the decline and fall of tge Western Roman Empire. Studying Law at ULaw now. I loved my studies, people should never fall for the STEM meme. Don't spend 3 years doing something you aren't incredibly passionate about.
>>
>>1599618
Don't know yet, about to start 1st year in about a month
>>
Bears represent, anyone else?
>>
>>1604350
I was in erasmus at Edinburgh
Sociology of the self is a fucking sham
Sociology of science is alright.
>>
File: va-tech-seal.jpg (707KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
va-tech-seal.jpg
707KB, 3000x3000px
>Virginia Tech
>Electrical Engineering
>ten outta ten
>>
>>1604224
What's Manchester like lad? Heard the uni is in a shit area. History department good in general?
>>
>>1600058
yo im NYU also
meat n greet?
>>
Going to apply to Lancaster soon, anyone else a student there? What's it like studying there?
>>
>>1595762
Fellow UWA bro here: depends on what interests you most in history. Also be sure to take White Supremacy, Imperial America and African-American History, they're probably the best three offered. Thinking History is also good to get a background in historiography but I'm not sure if it will be taught b/c Rob retired (RIP in peace)
>>
>>1599536
>>1599581
Edinburgh also here, doing Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations and about to start my 3rd year.
>>
>>1605040
>>1604350
What societies you thinking about joining?
>>
>>1605015
What course are you planning on doing there, also what on-campus accomodation/college are you thinking of cause there's perks/cons to some.
>>
>>1602838
the alma mater of based George Grant
>>
File: monash-logo.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
monash-logo.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>BA International Relations and Politics

Very theoretical, just how I like it. Have been forced to take some shitty filler units though.
>>
>>1605081
was not expecting to see my uni's logo while scrolling through /his/
>>
>>1605103
Clayton or Caulfield?
>>
File: Monash-MADA-News-Hero.jpg (72KB, 815x465px) Image search: [Google]
Monash-MADA-News-Hero.jpg
72KB, 815x465px
>>1605120
Caulfield, I'm studying Industrial design at MADA
>>
>>1605186
Is there an art gallery in there? I'm mostly in building B.
>>
>>1605246
A small one yeah, you're probably thinking MUMA that's building F
>>
>>1605295
t-thanks, s-see you around
>>
>>1595515
George Washington University
International Relations & History
It's pretty good, I hate every second of it though and I want to die
>>
History at Aberdeen starting in a couple of weeks. Could have gone to Edinburgh in 2015 but declined my offer like a spastic and got rejected when I re-applied for 2016 entry.

Have absolutely no intention of doing anything with this degree. Wish I'd applied for law instead.

>>1601099
What you studying lad?
>>
University of Birmingham

International Relations with Political Science, not too bad, thinking about specialising in East Asia and International Security
>>
>>1605397
History too
man the thought of someone in /his/ being on the same course as me feels weird
>>
File: duke_dog01002.jpg (75KB, 290x231px) Image search: [Google]
duke_dog01002.jpg
75KB, 290x231px
Not impressive compared to some people here but idgaf.

Majoring in Geographic Science with a concentration in AGIS, did it because I'm much better with history and stuff than math/science but it seems like I might actually get employed with this, hopefully some cushy government job. I'd do a History or Archaeology minor but I'm trying to graduate in 3 years and a minor would bump me over that. I did take one archaeology course and I actually made some maps for the professor over the summer showing locations of artifacts from Hernando de Soto's expeditions, it should be getting published at some point in the future.

Somewhat off topic, I'm taking an Italian 101 course this semester. How hard is it to learn? Just doing it for shits and giggles.
>>
>technical university of Darmstadt
>engineering

Its pretty garbage, only the specialization courses are good. I work in my fathers firm and so far nothing from the main courses (Technical mechanics, math, static) I needed
>>
File: 1466454523127.png (193KB, 838x959px) Image search: [Google]
1466454523127.png
193KB, 838x959px
>>1605040
>>1599536
>>1605045

Edinburgh alumni here, did History + Chinese

If you haven't tried Thistly Cross cider then you need to get on that shit, a few shops sell it in Edinburgh, the shop you run into if you turn right facing the main road near Pollock Halls carries it, the whiskey cask cider is the best shit ever. Also there's a restaurant called Mum's Comfort Food near the old medical university, I used to hang out there for dinner and a drink at 9, 10pm before going back to work on my dissertation. Great food.

Join the weightlifting club if you want to learn how to actually work out. The wine tasting society is also a great deal if you just want to have a bunch of nice wines at a super good price.

There's also a hungarian guy who has a shack on the quarter mile, not sure if he's still around but he sells/sold absolutely delicious chimney cakes for 3.50.

Make sure you fucks go on top of Arthur's Seat for Bonfire Night, seeing the fireworks go off all around Edinburgh is one of the best views in the world.
>>
>>1595576
lots of keks here. well done.
>>
>>1606371

If you guys have any questions about the course or w/e feel free to ask.
>>
>>1605591
What you hoping to do after you degree?
>>
>>1606381
Heard of the Diagnostic society? I was thinking about joining, seems like a hoot.
>>
>>1606672

Heard about them, but that was it. I knew no one, not even friends of friends who were part of it.
>>
>>1595576
Top fucking kek
>>
>>1606371
The Hungarian guy closed down a few years ago, senpai.

Also:
>Pollock
>that pic
>cider
>wine tasting society

Fuck off posh English cunts.
>>
File: image.png (12KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12KB, 384x384px
Pic related

Fine Arts (honours)

Great tips on how to improve your skills (I'm planning on being an art historian, curator, animator, film maker, designer etc)

It'd be a great case over all if the theory class wasnt cultural Marxist indoctrination and filled with SJWs

>>1595558

Fuck me m8, I hear it's getting rowdy there.
>>
>>1595646
Qub here too. Biological science
>>
>>1607115

>The Hungarian guy closed down a few years ago, senpai.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

His cakes were fucking delicious
>>
>>1597032
I'm interested in going into anthropology... What do you plan on doing after you graduate?
>>
File: Birkbeck.png (141KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Birkbeck.png
141KB, 400x400px
History and Archaeology at Birkbeck, UOL.. My university is pretty well known as being heaven for marxist historians thanks to having Hobsbawm as a lecturer until days before his fucking death. Also Slavoj *schniff schniff* Zizek. He rarely ever turns up and most of his stuff is subordinated to his lessers. He's more calm and reserved in real life though but when you get him into a proper discussion, the ziz whizz flies into action.
>>
>>1607586
man I'd love to have le pure ideology man as a lecturer, even if just occasionally
>>
>>1605780
Ayyy someone else who goes here.
>>
>>1605780
You taking cangliano?
>>
finishing poli sci undergrad this upcoming semester.

shitting myself thinking about getting into grad school

I have good grades but little relevant work experience, no internships, and I took a gap year.

fugg. hopefully the strength of my grades can pull me through.
>>
>>1608301
You need math for social science grad programs.
>>
>>1608311

not in Canada, or at least not for the program I want to get into. I just need economics, which I have.
>>
File: UVIC.png (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
UVIC.png
26KB, 250x250px
Going in for Greek and Roman Studies at UVic in a week.

God help me.
>>
>>1605397
>>1605396
>>1600058
>>1600217
>>1607146
>>1608353

STOP getting useless degrees
>>
>>1608356
fuck off stemmy
>>
>>1608356
>attempting to rectify the horrendous Euro/Hellenic-centrism and Orientalism endemic in the modern world's understanding of Achaemenid Iran
>Useless
>>
I went to a meme university.

Graduating in a couple weeks, BA (Hons) International Relations. Then start an MA in Journalism specialising in War and International Human Rights.

Course was ok, had a lot of shared modules with the Politics course & one of my lecturers specialties was Post-Colonial Studies so that was a bit of a drag. Other than that, the actual IR stuff was gr8!
>>
>>1608945
Oh, like Tomska
>>
>>1608948
Yep, the place is filled with plenty of other autists like him.

Would add as well, literally the only good thing about Lincoln is the uni. The rest of the city is an absolute shit hole.
>>
>>1608945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9i3ey_T1UA

Also, why didn't you move up to another uni for your MA? You should have tbqh senpai.
>>
>>1609228
30% discount, guaranteed placements & my gf lives there.
>>
>>1605689
Are you going to freshers? Its giving me the fear.
>>
>>1600052
>"I go to mich state and need to validate my sub par uni"
>>
BUMPO
>>
File: Porky.png (226KB, 444x389px) Image search: [Google]
Porky.png
226KB, 444x389px
>>1595515
OP back again, forgot to mention what I'm doing haha.

>Glasgow
>French + Comp Sci
>Still haven't gone yet but from what I've seen so far it looks like 8/10
>>
>>1605397
starting Law there, excited to see how it will go
>>
>>1595740
>>1595669
Law tutorials are literally the most important things to attend at uni. Getting a problem solving framework and familiarising yourself with the application of rules to common scenarios that pop up on exams is the best way to learn and get good grades

Econ tutes are just the answers presented disjointedly by some foreign born PhD student. (Bogdan is pretty based though)

t. 4th year Law/Econ
>>
University of Istanbul, law. Ask anything
>>
File: Kabinetthaus01klein.jpg (23KB, 305x200px) Image search: [Google]
Kabinetthaus01klein.jpg
23KB, 305x200px
>implying my PhD program is at a university
Who research center master race?
>>
>>1610456
How does Erdogans dick feel like in your mouth? Salty or more like sweet?
>>
>>1607581
Hopefully working in Mexico, and I enjoy the thought of teaching as well. I really like talking about this kind of stuff, but field work might also be fun.
>>
>>1610483
?
>>
>>1595515
generic USA state university
Polymer Chemistry
way focused on the industrial side but that's okay, hoping to get into grad school here, bad GPA but in well with professors + done research already
>>
I haven't been to uni but I'm thinking of going someday, as a mature student.

Obviously your grades and such are the most important thing but do they can about online courses you've participated in at all? Especially ones you pay for.

It's just recently I've been looking at some of the Oxford University online courses and I have been wondering if they'd boost my chances of getting into uni someday.
>>
>2016
>still in university

Wew kiddo.
>>
>>1610629
maybe. what qualifications do you already have?
>>
File: 1469069876445.png (199KB, 499x379px) Image search: [Google]
1469069876445.png
199KB, 499x379px
>Your uni
A real obscure one. Kinda like a comunity college
>What you study
Comics and animation (i'm mediocre at drawing)
Actually good if you are good at drawing or have an entrepeneur sense... If you lack those you are fucked.
I should have picked history, now i work in a retail job with no future prospects. I'm trying to make a comic but it's hard when you are a natural born procastinator and not really good at drawing...
>>
>>1610934
None that could get me into uni right now but I'm planning on doing a course next year that will get me the qualifications I need. I knew someone that did the same course and she's going to UCL this year. I need to top that somehow
>>
>>1610966
UCL is a fine uni, you dont need to top that at all
>>
> UCSD
> Political Science
> 8.7/10 - Pretty good, some snobs muck it up a bit, occasionally.
>>
Middle Tennessee State University
Computer Science
Meh

I'm gonna work for videogames.
>>
>>1611100
Well I mean I either need to get into UCL or a better uni, because this girl and I have something of a rivalry and I refuse to let her win.
>>
>>1611262
what course do you want to do? whats she doing?
>>
Bath University
Politics and international relations
9/10
>>
>>1611291
I have no idea what I want to do at uni, it's such a difficult choice. She's doing something to do with Scandinavia I think.
>>
Queens university Belfast
criminology+sociology
All my lecturers are very supportive and want to see you succeed, so 9/10
>>
>>1609353
yeah
think i should be ok meeting roommates and stuff but I don't really like clubs that much
will probably just try to get a bit tipsy before I go out
>>
I'm at USF getting a double-major B.A. in History and Economics.

I just transferred in from a shitty community college, so I can't really say anything substantial about my courses yet.
>>
>>1608356

>learning how to animate
>film
>useless

Suck my dick
>>
>>1596333
Jacek pls
>>
Can /his/ get into all souls college?

>Defend Justinian
https://www.asc.ox.ac.uk/sites/stage.all-souls.ox.ac.uk/files/ExaminationFellowships/HistoryPastPapers.pdf
>>
File: UdeM.png (23KB, 463x225px) Image search: [Google]
UdeM.png
23KB, 463x225px
>>1595515
I study history.
>>
>>1608356
>your degree defines your career
>this is what fresh out of high school undergrads believe
Come back here once your mom stops paying for your phone and internet.
>>
File: Illinois_Fighting_Illini2.jpg (439KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Illinois_Fighting_Illini2.jpg
439KB, 1365x1024px
University of Illinois
History
Been here for a week and a half, haven't really formed an opinion yet
>>
>>1596596
hun
>>
>>1611529
>Defend Justinian
easy peasy lemon squeezy
>>
>>1611329
How are things there in terms of unionist republican tensions? I didn't apply since I am strongly protestant and English
>>
>>1611946
did you go to new trier?
>>
>>1612037
there's no trouble, you'd have been fine
young students especially harbour little ill will unless for example you'd go up to some nationalist lad and call him a papist bogman rebel scumbag or something
>>
>>1612056
No, Lake Park
>>
>>1611529
Procopius is a lying cunt.

Next.
>>
>>1608356
>learning for it's own sake
Why would anyone do that right
>>
who /southampton/ here
>>
No Texas A&M???
>>
>>1595515
>>Your uni
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
>>What you study
Biological Anthropology
>>How you rate your course
Pretty good senpai
>>
University of Huddersfield
Mechanical engineering
ItsawonderIdidn'tkillmyselflastyear/10
>>
>>1595576
FUCKIGN OMFGs

TOP KEK TOP KEK
TOP KEK TOP KEK
>>
>>1595515
>>Your uni
London's School of Economics and Social Sciences
>>What you study
International Relations
>>How you rate your course
I haven't started yet
>>
File: 1472090929150.jpg (311KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1472090929150.jpg
311KB, 560x560px
>University of Reading
>BA History Final Year

Plan on going to University of Ottawa to do a PhD after getting my masters somewhere in Britbong. Reading's a meme uni and I love it, gorgeous campus, great facilities.

Modules were a bit underwhelming. We've got 3 vaguely different Medieval Women's special subjects in 3rd Year but only one Asian module on Indian empire.

>Muh Sengoku Jidai

Would recommend UoR - Close to London, very nice city, great campus, meme societies.
>>
File: UF-logo-360.png (8KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
UF-logo-360.png
8KB, 180x180px
I'm a history major, I'd give it 4/5.
>>
>>1614241
But, Florida. What a shit state.
How's everything other than the Uni?
>>
It's a mixed bag. I hate the heat, humidity, immigrants who can't speak English, and how liberal the area I'm from is(Broward County); but I do like having no income tax, lax gun laws, beaches, and laid back atmosphere.

And the uni isn't bad, I think it's the number eight public university in the nation.
>>
>>1614260
At least its not all bad.
Everything's Liberal to Nth degree here in California.
>>
>>1611262
Topping the UK's no.2 uni (no.1 according to some surveys). You're looking at either Oxbridge or UCL m8.

Also, you need to look at the specific rankings for your course. General uni rankings are only to give you a rough idea of where you're standing and for mum's to use for bragging.
>>
>>1604972
for sure homie. drop your email
>>
>>1609368
B-b-b-but we have the best packaging program in the nation
>>
>>1614287
>Anywhere in America
>Liberal

They'd throw a fucking fit in Berkeley if you came out in support of Palestine.
>>
>>1615155
>implying the college left hasn't been pro-Palestine for ages

Try and keep up
>>
>>1615164
Behind closed doors, sure.

You'd NEVER get anything like pic related, is my point.
>>
>>1615155
>They'd throw a fucking fit in Berkeley if you came out in support of Palestine.

I go to UCLA. People throw a fit here if you support Israel, don't know what the fuck you are smoking. And UCLA is like 15% kike.
>>
>>1595515
>University of Minnesota
>Actuarial Science
Like almost every job, the marketplace is intentionally oversaturated, or maybe not, I'm just a junior undergrad and haven't done an internship yet.
>>
>>1615175
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-1.709425

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.708075

http://www.thetower.org/article/on-many-campuses-hate-is-spelled-sjp/

The Jews are ridiculously butthurt about it.

It's been in the news for ages.
>>
>>1597799
J'ai eu un ami de skype qui étude l'anthropologie et il s'appelle valentin/lumphy.
>>
>>1614339
UCL is that high? In which league?

I know it's usually in the top 10 but I didn't think it was that high. Frankly I want to die but suicide is a sin so I have to go to university instead.
>>
File: 1471802898996.jpg (142KB, 694x770px) Image search: [Google]
1471802898996.jpg
142KB, 694x770px
>>1595582
I like Rangesr because they're blue and that's my favorite colour
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 246x205px
>>1597851
TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
>>
File: aberlogo.gif (16KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
aberlogo.gif
16KB, 250x284px
Aberystwyth

plant biology

7/10
>>
>>1618588
not the best but the most prestigious uni in wales apparently
>>
>>1618710
he's not that good-looking but he's the most handsome man in the pre-maxillofacial surgery prep room
>>
Bumlp
>>
File: static1.squarespace.png (18KB, 338x339px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.png
18KB, 338x339px
>>1597851
:^)
>>
Taking:

>Gangbang 101

Pretty basic tutorial,

and

>Oral Sex Workshop
>>
>>1615155
Philosophy major at Berkeley here

Saw Pro-Palestine protestors here about three days ago.
>>
>>1613087
Im getting a history and math double major. My school is 100% payed for though so just doing history cause i enjoy it. Love the school though. Got into U of M and Cornell. would be in over 40 gs worth of debt though if i went to either.
>>
File: University_of_Ottawa_Logo.svg.png (8KB, 166x146px) Image search: [Google]
University_of_Ottawa_Logo.svg.png
8KB, 166x146px
>>1595515
Anybody here taking software engineering/computer science course
>>
File: cwru.png (28KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
cwru.png
28KB, 180x180px
Graduated from Case. Majored in computer science and English. Graduated to the NEET life.

Don't go to Case for a humanities degree. Their programs are small, lame, and mostly consist of you crafting your own damned degree program. Case is for STEM majors.
>>
Anyone working on a PhD here (or even a masters)? This thread makes me think this board is brimming with undergrads.
>>
>>1620862

>>1620844 here. I've been toying with the idea of picking up an MLIS, but even though my state is great for librarians, there's a ton of competition these days and you basically have to wait for someone to die if you want a job.
>>
>>1620874
If you majored in CS, what's stopping you from from finding an IT or software-related job. Even if it's total shit, getting your foot in the door would allow you to move to a better company/job.
>>
>>1598327
BOOO OU SUCKS. OSU OSU RIDE EM COWBOYS

EE here. Having a blast not being a total faggot at the shittiest uni in OK.
>>
File: image.png (34KB, 720x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34KB, 720x579px
>>1595515
I am 22 and am just starting my first day of college ever next week. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go to school being in the Air Force training pipeline, but I can finally start. I have like 70 random credits from military institutes like DLI, but they don't count towards my actual major.

>pre-Physics transfer Associates

Gonna go to UNO after this, I only have like 20 credits left
>>
>>1620891
Nothing at all. I am a programmer. I want to be a librarian.
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 205x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 205x168px
>law degree at a tech uni
Memes aside it's actually pretty good. We've stolen a bunch of lecturers from University of Auckland, so we're moving up in the rankings.

Plus there's a real focus on getting employed out of Law School, which has helped me actually get a clerkship secured.

I do compsci as well, and I fucking hate every minute of it.
>>
>>1602838
Have a friend at Queen's also doing concurrent education. My dad went there for engineering
>>1620660
I have a friend taking law at uOttawa
>>
File: bg-logo.png (26KB, 380x119px) Image search: [Google]
bg-logo.png
26KB, 380x119px
History and politics
>>
>>1621609
any good? went on an open day there and the campus seemed depressing as fuck. Heard it has the highest suicide rate as well
>>
File: 1466646733683.jpg (17KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1466646733683.jpg
17KB, 500x334px
>>1614069
>>1619762
Aggies.
How was the first day of class yesterday y'all?
>>
>>1621205
In Glasgow the tech uni (Stratchlyde) is better at law than the normal uni (Glasgow Uni.)
>>
File: IPEG2010TexasAM_3326.jpg (20KB, 296x327px) Image search: [Google]
IPEG2010TexasAM_3326.jpg
20KB, 296x327px
>>1622750
>>1619762
>>1614069
>>
>>1617142
It was number one for a year or two back in '14 or '15 I think. One of the big tables, Guardian or QS can't remember. All my UCL pals wouldn't shut up about it on facebook.
>>
>>1622750
traffic is suffering

my chem teacher has a 2.7 on ratemyprof

on the plus side, biology is a 4.something incredibly
>>
>>1622815
Which bio?

Kemp in 111 had a 35-40% failure or drop rate the last couple semesters.
>>
>>1622815
I'm taking biology at [spoiler]blinn[/spoiler]
>>
>>1622872
Blinntergartner team or just taking it for easy credit?
>>
>>1622880
Taking it for less cost. It has been pretty eye opening though.

Texas A&M
>huge campus
>professionally maintained
>dean has a $250,000 marble desk
>I'm taught by a fucking TA, not even a professor
>$$$

Blinn
>campus is small
>administration is retarded
>but I get taught by the actual guy whose name is on the syllabus
>and he has a PhD in the topic
>$

hate college sometimes desu
>>
>>1622898
Are you in the corps?
>>
>>1622910
Nope. GI Bill m88
>>
>>1622933
Hard
>>
>>1599757
Oi m9, I do Paper 2 and 7.

Can modernists even compete?

>You will never be supervised by McKitterick
>>
anyone starting freshers at oxford in october?
how much shit are we supposed to bring?

whats it like? tell me all the dirty secrets of the city
>>
File: 2513293-thumb-300xauto-2184352.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2513293-thumb-300xauto-2184352.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1600537
>>1595670
my guys
>>
>>1623363
what course and what college la
>>
>>1623381
well if i tell you both that will identify me to a couple of people.
you can either get my college or my course ;)
>>
File: utd-logo-orange-transparent.png (4KB, 318x126px) Image search: [Google]
utd-logo-orange-transparent.png
4KB, 318x126px
>>1597851
close
>>
>>1623381
Lad I'm not even at Ox, just curious. Course then
>>
Anyone here doing History at a top 10 UK uni?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.