[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats your favorite step nomads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: scythia_civvi_feat-1500x844-1.jpg (177KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
scythia_civvi_feat-1500x844-1.jpg
177KB, 1500x844px
Khazars>Mongols>Schytians>Magyars>Cumans>Avars>"huns"
>>
Scythians

"Now the Scythians blind all their slaves, to use them in preparing their milk. The plan they follow is to thrust tubes made of bone, not unlike our musical pipes, up the vulva of the mare , and then to blow into the tubes with their mouths, some milking while the others blow. They say that they do this because when the veins of the animal are full of air, the udder is forced down. The milk thus obtained is poured into deep wooden casks, about which the blind slaves are placed, and then the milk is stirred round. That which rises to the top is drawn off, and considered the best part; the under portion is of less account. Such is the reason why the Scythians blind all those whom they take in war; it arises from their not being tillers of the ground, but a pastoral race." - Herodotus, The Histories
>>
>>1595316

>Khazars

Why them? Because they were jewish?
>>
>>1595316
Sarmatians
>>
>>1595698
yes their cool because they are kind of obscure. they also managed to survive for like 400 years and thats longer than most Nomadic empires
>>
>>1595316
May I be a living cliche and go for Apache? Or is that not steppe enough?
I also like Scythians.
>>
>>1595915
didn't the Apache mostly live in a desert?
>>
>>1595923
Goddamnit my non-knowledge really shows, I need to do a check. I thought it were the Apache with some of the greatest horsemen but I might be confused.
>>
File: khazar-Empire1.jpg (48KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
khazar-Empire1.jpg
48KB, 300x246px
>>1595698
bulan didnt convert until 1300bp

then they lol invade europe and get told get stuffed
much lols
>>
>>1595930
Khazaria didn't even exist 1300
>>
>>1595923
>>1595928
Comanche seems more likely, I seem to have mixed them up.
>>
I find steppe nomads a fascinating bunch and the various tribes and clans and peoples all interesting. There warfare, how they look, how they fought all interest me.

Scythians > Mongols > Rest
>>
Scythians>Sarmatians>Saka>Mongols>Huns>Magyars>>>>>>>>Turks
>>
>>1597186
Saka is that Iranic name for Scythians which were a nation state that comprised of tribes such as Sarmatians.
>>
>>1597462
>Scythians
>Nation state.
And the Sarmatians famously ended Scythian domination in the Western Steppes. Pushed them into settled lives along the Black Sea Coast.
>>
>ctrl-f "Xiongnu"
>Phrase not found

Well that's a shame. They established the first and longest lasting of the steppe empires. Easily my favourite.
>>
>>1597491
>Xiongu
>Steppe empire
>implying they were anything else but mongolian raiders
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.