[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nihilism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: big_lebowski_7.jpg (117KB, 1600x1203px) Image search: [Google]
big_lebowski_7.jpg
117KB, 1600x1203px
>1. Either something exists or only absolutely nothing exists
>2. If oneself can experience something, it cannot be the case that only absolutely nothing exists
>3. Oneself can experience something
>4. There for something exists

(epistemological and metaphysical) nihilism btfo?

Moral nihilism is alright though, morality is a meaningless normative concept.
>>
>>1590113
>nothing exists

that's not what nihilism means

albeit, I did google the definition and noticed that Google has it wrong too
>>
if OP’s dick doesn’t exist is he still a male?
>>
>>1590132

If Google has it wrong then where are you getting your information?
>>
File: nihilistandcricketbat.jpg (19KB, 259x257px) Image search: [Google]
nihilistandcricketbat.jpg
19KB, 259x257px
>>1590450
Zip it or ve vill cut auf your Johnson.
>>
>>1590478

>Peter Fucking Stormare
>Flea, who also has an amusing small role as Needles in the BTTF movies, and other smatterings of acting to his name

>"that one third tall guy"
>>
But what actually do we experience? Can it truly be said to be anything?
>>
I'm assuming you're trying to argue for the idea of some sort of concrete metaphysical reality, that there exists in a definitive sense various things, qualities, attributes, capabilities, relations, etc. that can be said to be truly all of those things.

If I'm getting this right, you would argue of my books that they are indeed books, rather than collections of atoms called books, that rectangular is indeed what they are, rather than retangular simply how we've chosen to describe how they're shaped, that some are indeed small others large, rather than these being arbitrary designations that have meaning only in the context of my evaluation of that collection of books, that they contain within them information, rather my mind can interpret symbols that have been imparted upon through rote memorization to an interpretation that could glean information, and that they are indeed mine, rather than simply in my possession.

But what concretely says of these that they exist? To a man ignorant of all these ideas I have about my books, these concepts would be meaningless to him, possessing no existence of their own. Whose estimation would be correct?
>>
>>1590478
>>1590493
>>1590113

>Till Lindemann recovers from recent bout of anorexia to form new Rammstein side project with Flake Lorenz and guest bassist Flea

Flake Lorenz
>>
>>1590113
Metaphysical nihilism has always been outright nonsense, and epistemological nihilism self-defeating. Nothing new, really.

When people talk about nihilism it's virtually always about moral and existential nihilism.
>>
>>1590113
I think the tradional stance of the "nihilist" is that epistemology does exist, metaphysics does exist, your experiences do exist.

but they are meaningless because the foundations that they are built upon is human reason which seems to be in flux/subjective.

only fedora tier edgelords will endorse epistemological and metaphysical nihilism. and even then they are just saying it to be edgy, when in reality they are sweating bullets hoping you're just going to leave them alone.
>>
>>1590596
I don't think acknowledging that absolute knowledge is impossible is particularly edgy. The key point comes in whether you're willing to claim that the approximation we make do with is sufficient.
>>
>Metaphysical nihilism is the philosophical theory that there might have been no objects at all—that is, that there is a possible world in which there are no objects at all; or at least that there might have been no concrete objects at all, so that even if every possible world contains some objects, there is at least one that contains only abstract objects

What exactly is the issue with this?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.