[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw one chance at life >tfw not alive during romanticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: cdf780.jpg (57KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
cdf780.jpg
57KB, 300x382px
>tfw one chance at life
>tfw not alive during romanticism
>>
our current time period is shit
>memes (non ironically)
>were getting uglier and dumber
>politics don't even work
>climate change
>losing resources
>>
>>1588965
>>1588980
>be a shitty person
>oh if only the whole world was different then i'd be ok
>>
File: 5945000.jpg (54KB, 468x600px) Image search: [Google]
5945000.jpg
54KB, 468x600px
>>1588997
romanticism is objectively the greatest time period in human history
>>
>>1588965
Is that a Maxfield Parrish painting? If not, who painted it? Thanks.
>>
File: image.gif (85KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
85KB, 300x402px
>One chance at life

You made me kek, my child
>>
>>1588980
don't forget
>hordes of dirty and unintelligent brown people destroying the greatest human achievement in all of history, Western culture, within a matter of decades
>>
File: 398.jpg (3MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
398.jpg
3MB, 2592x3888px
>one shot at life
>Not born during the bronze age
jfdimsafamalam
>>
>>1588980
>>memes (non ironically)
always existed. Romanticism itself is a meme, for example.
>>were getting uglier and dumber
literally the opposite is true.
>>politics don't even work
the political system is imperfect but still pretty good, unlike the retarded 19th century when everyone was trying to hold violent revolutions all the time.
>>climate change
fair point, but we probably won't see the worst of it until the next cultural and aesthetic era
>>losing resources
as above
>>
>>1589095
What about the US; it's the largest and most productive western economy thanks to brown immigrants.
>>
>>1589095
>the greatest human achievement in all of history,
What about language / agriculture
>>
Lad you just don't get it do you?

You don't need to live in the romanticist period to be a romanticist.

Romanticism is forever.

Now go fight in that civil war and die an aesthetic death champ :)
>>
>>1589112
Language is so closely tied to our biological evolution that you might as well call walking upright an "achievement"
>>
>>1589086
google search can be helpful, you kno
it's by Caspar David Friedrich
>>
>>1589131
I need more social interaction. So I decided to ask to feel like I am in a conversation. I have no friends.
>>
>>1589128
good point; where does one draw the distinction between the individual and their surroundings?
in some sense, the universe around us is continuous with our bodies.
there is no objective boundary between one's biology and one's environment.
>>
>>1588980
>uglier and dumber
IQs have steadily increased and inbreeding (cousin marriage) has decreased, and nutrition is more stable (both of these effect looks)...your wrong on both accounts
>politics don't even work
there aren't as many violent revolutions so no
>>
>>1589157
>your wrong
you're*
>>
>>1589157
you are wrong actually
it has long been established that indigineous people have the best facial bone and teeth development. We are on average far less attractive then our ancestors.
The IQ thing is a little more ambiguous but many researchers have suggested that the averag IQ has actually been decreasing in the last few centuries.
>>
>>1589108
Not really, the tradition of white business owners importing brown/yellow immigrants supplanting and replacing white labor in order to make extra $$ has been around since the railroads and slavery. If anything, we have prospered in spite of it thanks to the government controlling the people who come in.
>>
>>1589108
Pretty sure for most of US history the majority of incoming immigrants were also white (actual white, not /pol/-defined white)

>>1589183
also this
>>
>>1589181
Care to source this? First I've heard of it.
>>
>>1589203
Fair enough but some of the lighter skinned migrants from islamic countries, arab countries, and caucasus have done more to push an ideological agenda contrary to national culture than pajeet from south india who may be dark and even irritating but is also employable, secular, and wants his kids to be educated, find employment, and not be thugs. Surely he is not incompatible with any conception of western culture that doesn't demand a particular ancestry.
>>
>>1589181
>it has long been established that indigineous people have the best facial bone and teeth development
"Indigenous people" didn't live during the 19th century and all the industrial squalor that surrounded it. You could argue that agriculture was a mistake but there are plenty of reasons beyond looks that I would disagree with you on.

>We are on average far less attractive then our ancestors.
Do you mean the median hunter-gatherer is hotter than the median agriculturalist? Kind of a weird claim to make.

>The IQ thing is a little more ambiguous but many researchers have suggested that the averag IQ has actually been decreasing in the last few centuries.
citation needed, seeing as IQ in the west is shown to have been improving for as long as we have been measuring IQ and primitive societies typically score very lowly.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.