[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you like history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: theactualrealbook.png (173KB, 960x356px) Image search: [Google]
theactualrealbook.png
173KB, 960x356px
why do you find it interesting?
>>
Not speaking for anyone else so to me, history is merely a interesting collection of facts regarding humans in general.

I'm bit autistic so I pursue knowledge where I can in packages that are manageable. It also helps me understand human conditions/psychology to the degree, allowing me to see a grand overview of humanity itself and down to small details of single human lives. This allows me to draw some analysis about modern worlds and humans and compare/contrast situations neatly for me to factor out.
>>
>>1587813
I dunno lol

I've always liked stories be it in the form of movies, books or whatever
At some point I just came to the conclusion history is infinitely more interesting and intricate than anything anyone can conjure up from their mind
>>
>>1587813
It continually reminds me that there are very few simple events which occur. Also much of the way the world works is counter-intuitive, and thus shouldn't ever be taken frivolously at face value.
>>
>>1587906
>>1587989
these 2
>>
I like the early mythology that mankind used to explain the world around him, and how little it has changed over the last 40.000 years
>>
It's the perspective of a people not burdened by modern culture and society. The idea that there exists different ways of life and that people have changed so much over thousands of years is incredible.
>>
Because although I can read and learn the history, there will be always a mystery that causes me amazement due to nobady from this time was present in the past.
>>
>>1587906
>history is infinitely more interesting and intricate than anything anyone can conjure up from their mind
>implying these are two different things
>>
Because of that "holy shit this was once as real as my surroundings are now" feeling.
>>
>>1587813
The stories.
Intrigue, grand strategy, conquest, the like.
>>
It suits my autism
>>
File: vOexhLa.jpg (231KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vOexhLa.jpg
231KB, 1920x1200px
War. I love the brutal action or hate when a nation kills off your favorite nation. Looking at you Ottoman, killed my Byzantine. Also the genius strategy involved and the tales of fearsome nations.
>>
>>1587813
Its fun to draw parallels to the current world with that of the historical world.
>>
>>1587813
Reminds me that the modern world, despite its flaws, is the best the world has ever been.

And hopefully the other idiots (ideologues, extreme progressives/reactionaries, superstitious) here with me won't fuck it up again.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.