[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do emotions exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 100480527_web_.jpg (83KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
100480527_web_.jpg
83KB, 630x420px
Why do emotions exist?
>>
File: Aquafeels.jpg (294KB, 960x986px) Image search: [Google]
Aquafeels.jpg
294KB, 960x986px
>>1586111
So we can feel them.
>>
>>1586111
To drive instinctual behavior for our own benefit.
>>
>>1586111
>implying evolution is teleological
>>
>>1586141
Why do flowers produce pollen and colorful petals?
>>
File: Pure Coincidence.jpg (21KB, 296x314px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Coincidence.jpg
21KB, 296x314px
>>1586148
>>
>>1586148
It's an adaptation to environmental pressure. It's not "in order to attract bees" as your 4th grade teacher might have explained it to you. "Attracting bees" is totally contingent on the physical characteristics of the flower, and the flower doesn't consciously choose it's own physical characteristics. There is no "why" in evolution.
>>
>>1586148
That is their phenotype. Merely the expression of their genes.
>>
>>1586111
Basic emotion were essential for surviving long time ago, when people were cavernmen.
Fear was for prevention and do not take risks
Disgust was useful to avoid poisonous or rotten food
Happiness was the emotion that allowed to show achievement and success
Angry was necessary to establish limits to others and avoid the agression
Those basic emotions and its functions are still present in our primitive brain, that s why we feel then before we think them
>>
>>1586209
>>1586165
>>1586126

literally radioactive autism
>>
>>1586117
fpbp
>>
>>1586398
>I mock what I don't understand, the post
>>
>>1586111
to understand females incase one tries to stab you one day
>>
>>1586209
But if primitive animals can manage without emotions, why can't we?
>>
>>1587064
Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, because we're not the primitive animals you're referring to?
>>
>>1586209
I thought itd be something like this maybe.
Emotions are a form of communication, and we experience them for some reason. We feel sad and cry to signal for help from others.

>>1587064
Dogs can feel sad and shit I'm sure, unless you're talking about bugs or some shit.
Referring to what I said previously, emotions could be an adaptation of communication.
>>
me a monkey
Trying to think
my brain reel
Why we feel
>>
>>1586111
It's your programming. Without it you would have died long ago.
>>
File: sdfgfd.png (6KB, 134x167px) Image search: [Google]
sdfgfd.png
6KB, 134x167px
>>1586111
causality. unless you mean "why is there something instead of nothing" in which case, I don't know.

but really you mean "purpose" so I should inform you that the purpose of all existence is that you personally, you, OP, choke on a million dicks. it is the will of whatever inconceivable presence beyond causality, and more locally the singular purpose and meaning of all causally existing systems and processes.
>>
>>1586111
It's a side effect of intelligence
>member of the tribe dies
>you're sad because you understand that the tribe as a whole are now weaker
>>
>>1586111
>Why do emotions exist?
To provide incentive for action without needing logical justification.
>>
>>1586111
So it becomes very stimulating to interact with your fellow primates. Primates suck on most physical levels, so in a 1:1 confrontation with anything carnivorous, they die. When they spend their afternoon hanging in a tree with their bros though, their individual odds of dying are low, and they can tell others if they see something dangerous coming.
>>
File: Sudoku.jpg (91KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sudoku.jpg
91KB, 900x900px
>>1586111
>Why do emotions exist?
E-Motions. Energy in Motion. You are actually asking "why does energy exist?". That's a stupid question and you should feel stupid. Also everyone else in this thread is stupid. All these fucking idiots going on about chemicals in the brain. Your emotions influence your brain chemistry, it's the chicken and the egg all over again.
>>
>>1586111
because they are part of a self replicating process that is easily reproducible.

Specifically, they are a product of evolution, in that they provide a fitness benefit to organisms and make those with emotions more likely to reproduce than those who do not.
>>
>>1587827
*first prize!!!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.