[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>works are required to be saved how can you possibly justify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jesus.jpg (14KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
14KB, 300x213px
>works are required to be saved

how can you possibly justify this position?
>>
>>1583989

By saying James>Paul the Imposter.
>>
Justify theologically or philosophically? Because salvation by works definitely makes more sense than salvation by faith alone and you can take the current state of christian societies for proof of that.
>>
>>1584043
Paul never said works as in helping the poor wasn't required, he just said works of the law, like circumcision and eating kosher. He makes it clear several times this is what he means by "works".
>>
uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

St. Paul is cute. CUTE! ~~
>>
>>1584081

Constantine, Jesus was not born from anal sex. Go away.
>>
>>1584166
RUDE -_______________- ~~
>>
>>1584079
Salvation by works doesn't make any sense whatsoever since it takes agency and sovereignty away from God. It's downright blasphemous.

You are saved "by faith" either. You are saved BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. Big difference.
>>
>>1583989
Metanoia implying aligning oneself, body and soul, to God.
But, just to be clear, pelagianism is heresy.
>>
>>1583989
>Its ok that I'm a prick who leeches off others and hates his fellow man because I believe in Jesus!

Nah fuck off
>>
>>1584237
read romans again you heretic. it specifically says several times that grace through faith is the only way to salvation
>>
>>1583989

>faith is a requirement to be saved
>if your faith doesn't produce concrete action, then you don't really have faith at all, you're just pretending.
>>
>>1584237
>I have no idea what sola fide means
>>
>>1584260
All correct.
>>
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

Love is more important than faith.
>>
>>1584254
You're misinterpreting Romans, Luther added "alone" to Romans 3:28 in his "translation" even though that's not what it meant at all

Matthew 7:24-27- “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock… And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
>>
>>1584346
More important maybe, but not for salvation.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.