[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you speak in tongues, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: true believers.jpg (25KB, 430x286px) Image search: [Google]
true believers.jpg
25KB, 430x286px
Why don't you speak in tongues, /his/?
>>
>Americans
>Speaking in any tongue
vomit.jpg
>>
my aramaic is pretty good desu
>>
>>1580685
>actually believing a Christian God

There's a God, but it certainly isn't Christian.
>>
>>1580685
because I'm not retarded
>>
>>1580725
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1580685
Cuz talking like like a severely retarded infant doesn't bring anyone closer to God. It's romanticized fake nostalgia, pretending you have access to the ways of the ancient holiness.

Show me an entirely illiterate modern mongol nomad speaking perfect ancient greek after a sermon, then we will talk.
>>
>>1580762
Blasphemy.

1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:4 - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
>>
>>1580685
Literal Demonic posession
>>
>>1580775
Babbling absolute nonsense =/= speaking a real foreign tongue. There's been linguistic studies that proved this shit is literal blathering.
>>
>>1580776
As a serious Catholic I have to wonder if all the Pentecostals aren't just channeling some demon or black spirit. They stray so, so far from orthodox Christian thought, and then they do all this other crazy shit. I can definitely believe that supernatural things happen at their meetings, but... what fuels them?
>>
>>1580775
>tongues
>new language
It's all hyperactive expression of whatever sermon got your adrenaline flowing.
It's not an actual language, not to mention I would fucking love anyone to actually attempt to translate the babble consistently.
>>
File: Tarxien_erwieh.jpg (67KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tarxien_erwieh.jpg
67KB, 533x400px
>>1580788
your charismatics are not much different
>>
>>1580788
They're just babbling because they're caught up in a religious fever. It's a well known psychological event documented as far back as the Greek oracles.

Catholics can seem super rational until they start talking about how sleep paralysis is demonic possession or magic being real and then you're wondering what the fuck happened. Warlock magic isn't real guys calm the hell down. These people are stupid not possessed.
>>
>>1580811
Our charismatics get rapped pretty hard on the knuckles if they stray too far from doctrine, though. That's the difference. That has always been, and will always be, the difference. For an organization that keeps track of a billion and a quarter, Rome runs a fairly tight ship.
>>
>>1580778
>>1580789
>implying it isn't the language of angels
>>
>>1580822
this. at least there's some semblance of containment of this shit. proddies have free reign
>>
File: Saint Michael the Archangel.jpg (276KB, 1069x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Michael the Archangel.jpg
276KB, 1069x1600px
>>1580820
Oh, Anon, if you had any idea what terror--and what beauty--lurked just beyond your mundane daily routine.
>>
>>1580844
u suk bitch fuq u
>>
File: 1430674121237.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430674121237.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1580685
Because god isn't real and religion is a scam, you fucking moron

>oh no he posted the picture of the fat guy in the hat again
>>
>>1580824
It's not a language at all, since all spoken languages have patterns a linguist can identify even if he knows no vocabulary. Your babbling doesn't have those, it's pure horseshit and mockery of God which makes me think it really is demonic.
>>
>>1580726
yeah I prefer fedoraposters over religion apologists and actual Christians on a site like 4chan
>>
>>1580858
Daily reminder

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

cast out devils
>>
>>1580870
Why?
>>
>>1580876
If you seriously think that passage has any relevance you're an idiot
>>
>>1580876
Yeah someone ought to cast the devil out of you
>>
>>1580882
because this is (or was) a place for outcasts, usually geeks and people you don't walk past every day. I can easily find millions of sites with Christian people with common beliefs. But 4chan is supposed to be different. It was unique. It's supposed to be a place for people with different and unpopular opinions, not just white supremacists and Christians. Call me a neckbeard fedora tipper all you want, but right now where can I find a forum for people who share my ideas? Nowhere.
>>
>>1580876
Well obviously one bible verse refutes the conclusion of vigorous scientific investigation.
>>
>>1580905
muh secret club
>>
>>1580820
>Catholics can seem super rational until they start talking about how sleep paralysis is demonic possession or magic being real and then you're wondering what the fuck happened.

I am not a Catholic anymore, but I remember priest talking about magic as being nonsense and that the Church is against that shit simply because it's just another wordily distraction like money, power or sex. I don't know what's the official stance though.
>>
>>1580905
Blast off cuck, I live in a country with an atheist majority.
>>
>>1580921
not a secret club asshat, just a place where I'm not reading the same retarded opinions from the same kinds of people
>>
File: 1460186224677.jpg (9KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1460186224677.jpg
9KB, 280x210px
>>1580927
where
>>
>>1580938
Czechia
>>
>>1580927
this

i only became religious after reading about christianity on 4chan
i had never met a practising christian irl
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo
>>
>speaking in tongues means to babble incoherently
>actually means that anyone of any language can understand you
these cunts are beyond stupid
>>
>>1580905
This is bait.
>>
>>1581086
Why do you think so? Because I don't believe in a sexist wizard or because I explained what this site was all about?
>>
>>1581024
> that anyone of any language can understand you
Please tell us more of how you've consistently translated tongues.
>>
>>1581112
>sexism
>bad
>>
>>1580685
I'm not demon possessed
>>
>>1580844
>Paul Dano slaying a Jew
>>
>>1580685
Is that a talking heads concert?
>>
>>1580905
I'm sure you'll find something in that cesspool reddit.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.