[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about pre-republic Rome.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

The Republic and the Empire and so on gets all the rome related discussion. No love for the Roman monarchy? How about we change that.

Also, pre-rome founding latium, Alba Longa and the Latin league, that kind of stuff.

Alight, the kingdom of Rome was an elective monarchy, the Senate of the Roman Kingdom would, upon the death of the King, elevate one of themselves to the office for life. If the senate could not decide on a king, the senators would elect temporary king, the 'Interrex', until they could decide. The Interex had a short term limit (5 days) and so multiple Interreges could have ruled before a perma-king would be established.
>>
>>1577219
Serverus Tullius is often considered one of Romes greatest kings but if you read between the lines he usurped the senatorial prerogative, proclaiming himself king and letting the people ratify it. He then allegedly passed a number of reforms which weakened senatorial power.

Was he just a popular tyrant?
>>
>>1577219

Where did the Latins/Romans originally come from? From what I understand they weren't indigenous to Central Italy and were probably from somewhere in the Balkans. On the other hand certain religious traditions bear signs of them having originally been a nomadic steppe people at some point. Is that just proto-Indo-European influence or is that from a later date?
>>
>>1577325
Romes founding myth states that the Latins came from Troy and mixed with locals. Now that's likely untrue, it might indicate that they were originally outsiders.
>>
>>1577272
I think that even the Romans accepted this, Livy writes
>Servius praesidio firmo munitus, primus iniussu populi, voluntate patrum regnavit. Ab Urbe Condita 1.41
(Servius, protected by his strenghted guard, reigned at first by the will of the Senators/Patres, not by the will of the people.)
>>
>>1577680
But did the romans think that was wrong?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.