[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt anything interesting happen here until 1492?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1471374632864.png (39KB, 368x228px) Image search: [Google]
1471374632864.png
39KB, 368x228px
Why didnt anything interesting happen here until 1492?
>>
Well the Spanish burned the shit out of all the manuscripts of the Mesoamerican civilizations so we don't know if something interesting didn't happen
>>
Lack of whitey.
>>
>>1575193
Obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>1575193
Nothing interesting happened because the natives were enjoying life and having fun until a bunch of stupid white colonialists came and started killing/raping everyone
>>
>>1575193
they were too busy being happy
>>
In Brazil we have a tale. A European once rebuked an Indian because he never did any work. Why work? Asked the Indian. So you can have money. Why have money? So you don't have to work...
>>
>>1575193
>Iroquois
>Wabanaki
>Hopi
>Mississippi
>Cahokia
>Mogollon
>Pueblo
>Norse settlers and traders

>nothing interesting
>>
>>1575312
That would be cute if mostly European work didn't create society, culture, civilization, technology and everything but what the nature had made and if that work hadn't allowed us to live longer than ever and have easier workload than ever and have better quality of life than ever.

Whereas the only thing indian non-work made was jungle tribes dying en masse from preventable disease or hunger or just dying by the age of 30 from environmental factors.
>>
>>1575385
Except for domesticating a shitload of new crops and developing new farming methods that helped skyrocket European and world populations and stave off famines.
>>
>>1575398
>domesticated the potato
Wow so impressive.

Call me when they send flying teepees to the moon.
>>
>>1575385
WE
>>
>>1575323
Reported for racism.
>>
>>1575404
>all Indians were nomads in teepees that didn't do anything

Does it physically hurt to be that stupid?
>>
>>1575414
Well a few Indians had decent civilizations going on in Central and South America. But yeah, the indian from your story who asked "why work" was clearly not one of them.

I know it must strain your underdeveloped brain to follow the whole conversation but please make an effort.
>>
>>1575409
>le reverse racism meme

butthurt /pol/cuck detected
>>
>>1575193
theres an ocean current from australnesia through to the new world that allowed for sailing between the continent (1 way at least) with relative ease for millenia, i think before the last ice age, the raised sea levels changed everything.

probably from afri too
>>
>>1575420
>the indian from your story who asked "why work" was clearly not one of them.
A story that's almost certainly apocrypha, especially since there were civilizations in the Amazon that built wooden cities and basically cultivated the entire jungle.
>>
>>1575426
>story that's almost certainly apocrypha,
You're the one who told it, if you believe it to be fake why bring it up in the first place you stupid fucking nigger.

Jesus.
>>
>>1575424
What are your preferred gender pronouns, xir?
>>
>>1575431
>You're the one who told it
I'm not the one who posted it, I'm just the one saying you're wrong for thinking only Europeans created civilization or society.
>>
>>1575193
The Iroquois confederacy was pretty interesting desu
Mound builders, and those red haired giants could be interesting if we knew shit about them.
>>
You literally made this exact thead a few days ago

Saged and reported
>>
>>1575442
>I'm just the one saying you're wrong for thinking only Europeans created civilization or society.
I don't think that though.
>>
>>1575406
Lay off, lefti/pol/. Europeans were actually kings and Westerners did actually land on the moon. Nazis even did do experiments with flying saucers that didn't turn out too well.
>>
>>1575442
Of course Europeans aren't the only one that created culture and civilization they were just the best at it to the point where no one else could compete.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.