[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Crusades just glorified raiding and pillaging? A lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: deus.png (436KB, 691x487px) Image search: [Google]
deus.png
436KB, 691x487px
Were the Crusades just glorified raiding and pillaging? A lot of "crusades" occured while Jerusalem was already under Christian control and were nothing more than a field trip with Moor-slaying in-between visits. Did they have any benefits in terms of economy, infrastructure, trade, anything? Anything at all other than capture-the-flag?
>>
File: Greco-BactrianKingdomMap.jpg (464KB, 1920x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Greco-BactrianKingdomMap.jpg
464KB, 1920x1311px
>>1574989
Saladin was a worthy adversary & Richard the Lionheart a decent General. If the papacy wasn't so degenerated incompency the levent would be christian today & you'd have a greater Greek based civilisation through to India, Egypt, & Saudi would be a trade outpost next to Somalia. You'd probably push Asia into a corner & be fighting over the Pacific right now.
>>
>>1575029
Rome and Constantinople should have pulled a consert of nations/holy alliance back then. Oh well, it's history now. European civilization will disappear within our life times.
>>
>>1574989
They delayed Islamic expansion for a small while.
>>
>>1575089
lol yeah right, maybe if the universe collapses in upon itself
>>
>>1575126
They had no effect at all, since Syria and Egypt weren't the places that Islamic expansion would come from. All they did was take advantage of weakness but couldn't make it last.
>>
>>1575126
I think the Mongols (and Timur) deserve credit for that.
>>
>>1575327
No. While the Crusades had no effect, the Mongol and Timurid invasions had the opposite effect and instigated a new movement for Islamic expansionism and suppression of Muslim heretics and non-Muslims throughout the Middle East, and ultimately the Balkans.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.