[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women and Enlightenment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: c9afc1de402f9514fcf0df07b3e3e89b.jpg (280KB, 736x1012px) Image search: [Google]
c9afc1de402f9514fcf0df07b3e3e89b.jpg
280KB, 736x1012px
Lets try to have a civil discussion.

Why does it seem that less women achieve enlightenment than men? Ive heard a few teachings say that the best a woman can do is be reborn as a man but Im not sure of the credibility of these interpretations. I know that there are women who are said to have achieved enlightenment like Wu Zeitan, who even claimed to be the Maitreya Buddha, but it just seems like a practice that is mostly dominated by men. Does it have to do with women not being allowed to practice these things freely? Or do they just not think of themselves as people who could or should strive to reach enlightenment? Or could it be that the way they think is just less suited for liberation?
>>
Because women were discouraged from scholarly pursuits and religious dedication that involved them giving up their procreative abilities, while men were encouraged to do the same?
>>
> ''Ananda, if women had not renounced their household lives and ordained in the religion of the Tathagata, the holy life would have lasted long, the core teaching of Buddhism would have remained for a thousand years. Because the ordination of women has occurred in this religion of the Tathagata, the holy life will not last long; the True Dharma will last for only 500 years. Ananda, in whatever religion women are ordained, that religion will not last long. As families that have more women than men are easily destroyed by robbers, as a plentiful rice-field once infested by rice worms will not long remain, as a sugarcane field invaded by red rust will not long remain, even so the True Dharma will not last long. Ananda, as a man builds a large surrounding dike to prevent the flow of water, I prescribe the Eight Heavy Duties for the nuns to adhere to for the rest of their lives without fail.
Buddhist Pali Canon, Vin. II, 256
>With the preponderance of vice, O Krishna, the women of the family become immoral; and from the immorality of women, O descendent of Vrishni, unwanted progeny are born.
Bhagavad Gita 1:41
>Of the men who came into the world, those who were cowards or led unrighteous lives may with reason be supposed to have changed into the nature of women in the second generation.
Plato, Timaeus
>But I will give men as the price for fire an evil thing in which they may all be glad of heart while they embrace their own destruction.'...
>And he called this woman Pandora
Hesiod, Works and Days, II, 54-82

Really makes you think.
>>
> Why does it seem that less women achieve enlightenment than men?
Because men are more deluded enough to thing that they achieved something. It is well known in psychiatry that mental health isn't men strongest point.
>>
There's no need for women to be successful in academia. They only need to be beautiful to get everything they want. There's no incentive.
>>
File: femen_whores.jpg (488KB, 1139x1000px)
femen_whores.jpg
488KB, 1139x1000px
I have no idea OP.
>>
>>1574833
Russian Catholic priests are pedophiles universally
>>
>>1574838
Bullshit. They are just corrupted ex-KGB members, all actuals pedophiles are still in there.
>>
>>1574848
No they're pedophiles
>>
File: 1a9.gif (405KB, 200x210px)
1a9.gif
405KB, 200x210px
>>
>>1574651
How many people would you count as having ever reached enlightenment?
>>
>114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

>Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."
(Gnostic) Gospel of Thomas.

Food for thought.
>>
>>1574898
Uh huh
>>
>>1574651
>enlightenment
It's just a meme.
>>
>>1574937
>if I can't achieve enlightened nobody can
t. woman or white knight beta orbiter
>>
>>1574950
Enlightened is another term for psued
>>
File: 1445133233095.jpg (98KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445133233095.jpg
98KB, 1080x1080px
>>1574680
or because women spend their time enjoying themselves from all the fun provided by betas?
>>
>Enlightenment
>Measurable
>Quantifiable
>Real
>?

It's lucky OP picked something made up for women to be bad at. That way nobody can argue with this make pretend.
>>
>>1574680
Why do women always need to be encouraged?
What greatness needs constand pep talks?
>>
>>1574898
A manuscrit inspired by a desert religion hates women. What's new?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.