[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Democrat party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (109KB, 803x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 803x650px
How did they go from White Mans party to minorities party?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 200x300px
KKK, white supremacists, anti-civil rights, pro segregations and basically every racist politician was a democrat back then

Now Hillary talks about how Whites should do a better job listening to blacks
>>
>>1570255
Parties in the 19th century were almost purely regional in their aims. The Republicans wanted to limit the expansion of slavery in the west because it threatened northern industrial interests. Outside of a few devoted abolitionists, there was no ideological component to political parties back then.
>>
>>1570312
my got pure ideology
>>
Republicans have always been pro-business and democrats have always been pro-lowest common denominator.
>>
>>1570255
I'll give you a serious answer. As late as the 1950's, Republicans still supported racial equality; for example, Eisenhower was willing to use military force to desegregate schools.

This changed with LBJ. Whatever you believe his motives were, he not only cucked a lot of Southern Democrats into voting for the Civil Rights Bill by telling them they would be able to keep their seats with the black vote (they wouldn't), but he even went so far as to use the national shame that was Kennedy's death to guilt-trip Congress into supporting the Civil Rights Act.

Republicans, notably Goldwater and Nixon, began using mildly racist rhetoric to win the South over to the Republicans. Thus, the modern system.
>>
>>1570490
Bless you for this. Been wondering about it myself.
>>
Google "the southern strategy".
>>
>>1570255
Basically when democrats such as FDR Kennedy and LBJ started supporting civil rights. However Nixon also supported civil rights so I don't really know why it switched all the way instead of becoming mixed. But my theory is it had to do with Barry Goldwater.
>>
>>1570569
I feel like we're currently at the cusp of a new southern strategy with flipping platforms.
>>
>>1570577
Kennedy's role is vastly exaggerated. He took very few steps in the Civil Rights movement. The best thing he did for Civil Rights was die, because Johnson came along and told everyone it was Kennedy's dream.

The irony here is that the Left now hates Johnson but loves Kennedy.

As >>1570569 pointed out, Nixon used the "Southern Strategy" to steal the racists in the South from the Democrats. It was realpolitik, not ideals. Goldwater, of course, was the one that started it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.