[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does he get the hate he does? When in reality he was really good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why does he get the hate he does? When in reality he was really good.
>>
>>1565762
neckbeard
>>
>>1565762
>When in reality he was really good.
How so?
>>
>>1565770
Rebuilt the city of Rome, on a plan with wide streets and stone buildings.
Led Fire brigades against the fire.
Opened Palace to the people during the fire.
>>
>>1565762
Nero? Maybe because he blamed the fire of rome on the christians, and later in the empire the christian mayority hated him for that and the persecutions, also christians didnt like to serve emperators like gods.
>>
>>1565762
Christcucks hate him because he saw straight through their shit.
>>
>>1565791
This. He used Christians as a scapegoat and Christians won in the long run (up till today anyway).

In 200 years' time or even 1000 years' time I can see historians of the 20th century making similar arguments regarding Hitler. Though Nero didn't advocate genocide as far as I recall.
>>
>>1566832
Who's to say Christians didn't really start the fire?
I've never seen proof that they didn't
>>
>>1569323
But we dont have proof that they did, and we cant just assume, besides it happened a long time ago and no one exactly knows.
>>
>>1565776
That's true but he did take advantage of the destruction the fire brought by building a giant ass golden villa with a 14 foot statue of himself with the body of Apollo, heck Vespasian was so disgusted by it he destroyed the villa and replaced it with the Colosseum.
>>
>>1571476
Based Vespasian.
>>
Wasn't he the one who ran away from his own empire whilst it burned to the ground?
>>
>>1571476
He also housed those who were homeless due to the fire in his bigass villa. The question is whether he was an evil shithead or not, not whether he was a decadent hedonist or not.

>>1571931
Other contemporaries have said he personally took part in trying to fight the fire, a move that the upper crust of Roman society looked down up yet also earned him the adoration of the lower classes.

All the whacky Messiah cults burnt shit down all the time. Hell, if we go into conspiracy theory territory there's the idea that wealthy land developers had the area burnt so they could make a profit off of the now empty land, blamong the whole thing on Christians as a false flag of course. Nero's palace and housing of the plebs in it was a giant fuck you to said land developers and a generous (if ludicrously costly) way of keeping the commoners who were now homeless from dying on the streets as beggars or on latofundia as slaves.
>>
>>1571971
One of my history teachers in highschool told us that much of the crazyness of certain emperors were enlarged by roman historians, in particular against those emperor who were hedonists and were fond of greek culture.
Many were striked with damnatio memoriae.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.