[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prayer hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Almost all the Eurasian religions pray with their hands similar to this.

Does this common behavior point towards its origins in a common pre historical proto religion?
>>
File: Noah_catacombe.jpg (90KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
Noah_catacombe.jpg
90KB, 323x450px
The most common gesture of prayer in early Christendom was the Orans, which looks like this.
>>
>>1564129
that looks like a guy at a pulpit, addressing a crowd.
>>
>>1564129
Jazz hands has gone full circle then.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>1564107
>>
Most likely spread from the Buddhist prayers/mudras that permeated the region.

>http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/mudra-japan.shtml

Look here for more.
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1564129
Muzzies do that too.
>>
>>1564149
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%B1jali_Mudr%C4%81
>>
>>1564156
People overemphasize stuff here. People do a lot of things with their hands during prayer. I doubt the Vatican tells you what to do with your hands except for the sign of the cross.
>>
>>1564167
Roman Catholics aren't even that strict with how you make the sign, unlike the orthodox church.

>Being burned at the stake because of how you hold your fingers

That's hardcore, even for us.
>>
File: KhordadSalPrayersShiraz.jpg (24KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
KhordadSalPrayersShiraz.jpg
24KB, 500x350px
>>1564148
Zoroastrians generally pray the same way
>>
>>1564148
>>1564197
But there are exceptions. They seem to pray with their hands together when before a fire.
>>
>>1564107
This gesture was actually only tied to prayer in the High Middle Ages, with the growing ideal of chivalric feudalism taking hold among the educated classes. It is the symbol of homage and supplication from a vassal to his liege, and what are humans but vassals to the ultimate Lord above?
>>
>>1564136
That gesture entails the prayer as being a sacrifise
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.