[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fit was the typical knight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

How fit was the typical knight?
>>
Usually lords that ate better than peasants. Maybe 150--160 pounds instead of the annorexic dysentrious 135 that was more normal.
>>
>>1561519
where did you read this?
>>
>>1561524
Its an asspull. Its probably accurate, I read that a lot of soldiers die of disease and starvation on marches and they dont eat 3 meals a day with meat back then.
>>
>>1561503
>Lord Paul, I am Knightly Order.
>>
>>1561541
Uh you don't get to bring squires.
>>
Pretty fit, they ate well and did strength training.
>>
>>1561529
Lol, in medieval or ancient times nobody or almost no one died of famine.
Thats actually a more modern thing.
>>
File: bandaid butt.jpg (9KB, 236x155px) Image search: [Google]
bandaid butt.jpg
9KB, 236x155px
>>1561529
Thanks for your asspull
>>
>>1561576
Look up casualties of the french british king guys soldiers before the battle of agrincourt
>>
>>1561503
thats a pretty sexy knight i'd let him fuck my wife
>>
>>1561503
http://deadliestwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Knight

>5'11
>180lbs
skinny
>>
>>1561678
I dont have to look up at anything. What Im saying is, in a regular day of a regular serf, those could experience some days that eat very low but never die of famine.
If in a battle, logistics doesnt work and theres no food/supplies, thats a total other concept.
>>
>>1561503
Depends on the era.
>>
Have you ever worn 11th century knight armor with weapons and a shield?
You have to be in fairly good shape.
>>
>>1561503
well, they were professional warriors who trained since childhood, so i would say about as fit as a professional athlete (minus roids)
>>
>>1561543
You may want this one. He works for the Hooded Bandit...
>>
>>1561721
>Deadliest warrior

That show is fun to watch, but I would take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>1562301
The Traveler's Bane?

Get him a horse i'll send my swiftest messenger!
>>
most armours I´ve seen in museums were manlet size
>>
>>1561503
Pretty fucking ripped brah
>>
>>1561503
Very. Moving around in armor and being able to swing a sword or polearm is quite intensive
>>
>>1561503

Here's video showing what a knight should be capable of, based on a surviving 15th century text. https://youtu.be/q-bnM5SuQkI

>>1561576

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_of_1315%E2%80%9317

>>1561678

You mean the ones who were mostly fit and well, with all of the sick ones left at Harfleur or sent back to England by boat?
>>
>>1562567
The message I just sent to the Order, just lists me, my men, Lord Paul here, but only one, of you !
*Open the carriage just above a river*
First one to talk, gets to stay on his horse !
>>
>>1561721
>>5'11
>>180lbs
>skinny
I hope you know that weight is separate from his gear. That's not to say those statistics are accurate in any way.
>>
>>1561503
Were knights natty?
>>
They probably had good cardio, but weren't ripped.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.