[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Without any use of either
A. Some rendition of "because Christianity is here now"
or
B. "Because we're right and you're wrong"
Explain to me why the various flavors of European paganism was wrong for their respective societies.
>inb4 ad hominem attacks "gb2Skyrim"
I am a practicing Christian, I'm wondering if secularly, there's anything wrong with them.

Feel free to get into the details, but if it say addresses a particular aspect of Celtic heathenry not present in Hellenic, the Hellenic remains untouched.
>>
Because Pagans were free people and society needs a cucks to function.
>>
>>1560291
Because organised monotheisms are far more effective unifying forces
>>
>>1560306
So, a dose of globalism essentially?

What makes polytheistic religions hard to unit under provided they're practiced the same over a large area?
>>
>>1560313
>What makes polytheistic religions hard to unit under

This
>they're practiced the same over a large area

Because they arent
>>
>>1560313
Nothing inherently, but Christianity made a big deal about how all followers were Brothers in Christ, while the pagan religions did not have the same idea of unity between followers (who would often have local deities or deified ancestors making divides between local or familial groups). Christian leaders/clergy also did a good job of maintaining the local administration and caring for the poor when the late Roman aristocracy and wealthy either holed up or fled during the fall the Empire-- although by that time there weren't many openly practicing pagan clergy, so we can't really say that the pre-Christian leaders wouldn't have done the same if they maintained power in Rome
>>
>>1560291
I don't think there's anything 'wrong' about them, they converted because the great powers to the south and east where dickbags who'd either conquer or refuse to associate with you if you didn't sign up.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.