[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Eternal Habsburg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: eternal habsburg.jpg (69KB, 519x960px) Image search: [Google]
eternal habsburg.jpg
69KB, 519x960px
Can we take a moment to talk about the eternal Habsburg and how it single-handedly destroyed Europe

>Destroys France through the Coalition wars and Marie Antoinette
>Kills Franz Ferdinand and starts WWI
>Gets fucked by Sardinia and Prussia, then puppets them after their respective unifications
>Destroys the Spanish Empire after taking them over
>Starts Thirty Years War which puts the HRE into decadence
>Puts Adolf Hitler as German Führer, finally destroying Germany
>Stops Russia from liberating the Balkans from the T*rks
>Ends Papal influence
>Reason why the Anglo was so powerful
>Gets fucked by Hungarians, only able to save it's Empire by declaring Franz Joseph Kaiser of Austrians AND Hungarians
>Most houses that suffered under Habsburg influence have died off
>Most houses that didn't die off under Habsburg influence are piss poor """noble""" houses which descendants are commoners
>To fuck over Europe again by electing a Nazi as president

Why is Austria prone to ruining everything?
>>
>>1557406
catholics are the worst thing that ever happened to this world
>>
File: princip jackass.jpg (45KB, 552x582px) Image search: [Google]
princip jackass.jpg
45KB, 552x582px
>>1557406
Dude Gavrilo Princip killed Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>1557406
When did the Habsburgs puppet Prussia? By its formation as a kingdom in 1701, it was largely independent of Imperial hegemony.
>>
>>1557406
>trying to force a new meme

just fuck off back to /pol/
>>
There's a lot of wrong here, but I can only pick at what I know.

>Destroys France through the Coalition wars and Marie Antoinette
France was destroyed through economic downturn, heavy taxation and an ineffective ruler, followed by every monarch in the surrounding area reacting with horror to stomp anti-monarchism before their own populace got any funny ideas.
>Kills Franz Ferdinand and starts WWI
Serbs, man. Jesus.
>Destroys the Spanish Empire after taking them over
The Spanish Empire was destroyed because they sat back and laughed when they started pulling in gold from the New World, then didn't know what to do when gold was devalued because of how much they grabbed and the rest of the European powers started getting in on that colonialism dosh as well. Plus Phillip II was an autist who threw away tons of money to let England get its naval feet.
>Starts Thirty Years War which puts the HRE into decadence
Everyone had a hand in that, but mainly pissed off religious Bohemians who tossed some diplomats out a window twice.
>>
>>1557895
Exactly I had no idea what he was talking about.
>>
>>1557406
>Stops Russia from liberating the Balkans from the T*rks

Russia was an emerging powerhouse. Giving even more clay to them would be fucking crazy. Plus it could have created a form of proto-pan-slavism which could entice the slavic population of Austria to join Russia.
>>
>>1557809
>>1558025
>>1557895
>Implying the German Empire wasn't a Habsburg puppet
>Implying Franz Ferdinand's death wasn't a false flag
>Implying it wasn't the HABSBURGS who took gold from the New World
>Implying the Habsburgs didn't incite the Bohemians to revolt
I thought /his/ was better than this.
>>
>>1558114
Since you claim to be a such a great /his/torian, let's see your cards.

Give us a source for all these claims.
>>
Alles Erdreich ist Osterreich untertan.

Komm damit klar.
>>
>>1558124
>Franz Ferdinand is shot on the Franz Joseph street in Sarajevo
>On the day of the celebration of the Battle of Kosovo
>Germany has alliance with Austria-Hungary barely a decade after Germany's unification
>Despite Prussia being one of Austria's greatest enemies
>Charles II the Habsburg started taking gold from the Spanish colonies in South America
>Bohemians under occupation by Habsburgs since the 1400s
>Reason why Habsburgs were so powerful
>Not inciting Bohemian revolt
Hello HOG
>>
>>1558161
>Franz Ferdinand is shot on the Franz Joseph street in Sarajevo
>On the day of the celebration of the Battle of Kosovo
Slavs are a grudging bunch.
>Germany has alliance with Austria-Hungary barely a decade after Germany's unification
>Despite Prussia being one of Austria's greatest enemies
Germany was terrified of being surrounded by enemies. The best way to deal with this is to remove some enemies.
>Charles II the Habsburg started taking gold from the Spanish colonies in South America
True, though in this case I don't see anyone else doing anything differently when they suddenly come across a land full of wealth.
>Bohemians under occupation by Habsburgs since the 1400s
>Reason why Habsburgs were so powerful
>Not inciting Bohemian revolt
It started as a religious dispute, then turned into an anti-Habsburg dispute once their enemies saw the opportunity to make it one.

I'm not gonna deny the guys who held a ton of power in Europe didn't fuck some stuff up with said power, but they aren't the Illuminati/Jews/Reptilians/evil omnipotent force of your choice.
>>
>>1558201
>Germany was terrified of being surrounded by enemies. The best way to deal with this is to remove some enemies
They could have allied with Russia, the two were common enemies of the Eternal Habsburg and the Eternal Anglo, but the Habsburgs wouldn't allow it that's why they removed Bismarck from power and put Wilhelm II the """Hohenzollern""" into power, most German court nobles were under Habsburg influence.

>It started as a religious dispute, then turned into an anti-Habsburg dispute once their enemies saw the opportunity to make it one
>Slavs are a grudging bunch
Do you happen to be Austrian by chance? You probably are even if you say no because this is pure Habsburg propaganda. The coincidences in Franz Ferdinand's assassination are too much. The Bohemian revolt was mainly anti-Habsburg and since Catholics were Habsburg controlled the protestant revolt and reformation was anti-Habsburg by nature.
>>
>>1558234
Bismarck did work for good relations with Russia. Wilhelm kicked him out because Bismarck was doing his job for him.

Slavs ARE a grudging bunch. I have a few slav friends and they all have ancestral beef with someone. The medieval history discussion page I follow on facebook requires heavy moderation because slavs are continually starting nationalist flamewars.

I'm American, by the way. Though frankly I don't know why I'm continuing a conversation with someone who takes the "Eternal X" meme seriously.
>>
>>1558260
>Facebook
Fuck off HADL Normie.
>>
>>1558316
Aren't we past this stupid internet tribalism yet?
>>
Austrian Habsburgs and Austria are the most underrated realms of Europe.

Austria-Hungary should have still been existent as a federalised state with Vienna at its heart. Austria was the Duchy that should have controlled and united a German confederation.

Warlord Nigger Prussians and butthurt slavs out.
>>
>>1558383
Is HADL even trying anymore?
>>
>>1558383
You're just gonna get him started again.
>>
>>1558389
Austria has been the protector and maintainer of all German realms since late middle-ages. Habsburgs were the bulwark that stopped advance of Russia and Ottomans into European heartland. They managed and protected German realms even when they were being bunch of rebellious protestants. Austria-Hungary became a heart of culture and tradition in Europe.

Their only mistake was not being Warlord nigger kings like Prussia and favouring diplomatic solution and defensive wars in Europe.
>>
>>1558465
Wow, nice try HIDF. Putting the HRE into decadence and letting yourselves be buttfucked by Russia and Ottomans and then begging for other realms help really saved Germany. If it wasn't for the Polish and Prussians you would have been a Russian/Ottoman vassal.
>>
>>1558492
Austria literally shouldered the heaviest weight in fight against Ottomans, liberated Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia from Ottomans. Prussians did more to undermine and challenge Austrian strength and stability than Ottomans did. Prussians only succeeded because they were enjoying protection from Austrians and Polish while they could play their warlord nigger games inside HRE.
>>
>>1558513
>Austria literally shouldered the heaviest weight in fight against Ottomans, liberated Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia from Ottomans
You mean throwing their soldiers at the Ottomans and then hope they would win some battles and then if they got pushed far enough beg for help from the HRE and other kingdoms? The Austrians were pathetic in the fight against the Ottomans and most land in the Ottoman-Habsburg War should have gone to Poland Russia Prussia and Bavaria because they won the war for Austria. Go away HIDF
>>
>>1557442
Nice bait Martin Luther, now go burn like the rest of the heathens.
>>
>>1558545
What's wrong with Austria expecting support from other German Princes and other Kingdoms? They were supposed to fight against Ottomans alone which only lost sizeable land in Great Turkish War which Austria headed and won decisive battles against Ottomans?

Poland helped defend Vienna but they were largely a corrupt obstacle by the that time.
>>
>>1558492
>decadence
I suppose they were 'degenerates', eh?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.