[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ was Hitler an atheist? Please give proof to either argument.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (197KB, 725x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 725x905px
/lit/ was Hitler an atheist? Please give proof to either argument.
>>
>>1555937
He came from a Catholic background and was praised by the Pope, but at the same time Italy was fascist and friendly to the NSDAP, so I don't know.
>>
Yes, he blamed the Jews for killing Christ.
>>
>>1555960
The only thing I could find was this but it's about the Nazi party as a whole and I'm not sure how credible this is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/tch_wjec/germany19291947/2racialreligiouspolicy2.shtml
>>
>>1555976
>Christ didn't exist
>The Jews were the ones who wanted Pilate to have Christ executed and free Barnabas
>>
>>1555976
Would that make him an atheist or what?
>>
>>1555937

I'm pretty fucking sure he was an atheist. I don't think any person that narcissistic with a cult of personality like that can honestly believe in a higher power.
>>
>>1555985
>>1555986
The Jews literally killed god. Remember, he's a Germanic, and in Aryan pagan folklore, gods can die.
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13KB, 418x359px
>>1556001

The Jews also worshiped Jesus at the time of his death. The Jews responsible for killing christ were local religious authorities and the ones that didn't like him. Lots of Jews did.
>>
>>1556008
But the Jews that worshiped Christ became Italians, which is why he allied with them.
>>
>>1556013

oh lol, carry on
>>
>>1556000
What about Mohammed?
>>
>>1556018
Where do you think the one true church was?
>>
>>1556022

Considering that Jesus is fucking dead and no one can adequately re-state his beliefs, I'd say the one true church was wherever the guy felt orating in Judea.
>>
File: toland.jpg (45KB, 327x499px) Image search: [Google]
toland.jpg
45KB, 327x499px
Damn, there sure is alot of history going on in this thread and totally not a shit ton o baseless claims

Read more...
>>
>>1556000
It's easy if they consider said higher power on their side.
>>
There's a whole chapter in this book about Hitler's views on religion. According to Hoffmann the shit Hitler said about religion wasn't just rhetoric to gain support, but he actually believed it.
>>
I think he believed in a certain sort of "divine destiny" or deistic God, but probably the best way to describe his religious beliefs are "opportunistic"

He certainly wasn't an atheist, especially after all his rants about atheists being self centered and degenerate Commies or whatever. He wasn't a Catholic once he reached adulthood, Christianity was too meek and Jewish; though he admired the efficient hierarchies of the church, he cringed at the thought that Germans needed to submit to the will of some private organization based in another country. I think he had nostalgia for Germanic paganism, but also recognized that it wasn't feasible bringing dead religions back to life
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.