[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concerning Martin Luther: Scapegoat for Laymen and the Credulous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: boyfriendmaterial.jpg (49KB, 640x959px) Image search: [Google]
boyfriendmaterial.jpg
49KB, 640x959px
I am not a Christian: however, Catholics bashing on Luther is an instant give-away to the fact that these Catholics know only the most basic and cursory history of the Reformation or of the Medieval Church, and that they themselves have not bothered to actually investigate, relying solely on surface-level knowledge.

First of all, Luther was not particularly 'responsible' for the Reformation: his ideas were not unique (many would-be reformers with similar ideas had independently of each other risen only to be quashed since the 13th century - from the Cathars to Waldensians to the Bogomils/Paulicians and the Hussites and the Lollards). As such, Luther was merely riding on a current, simply articulating sentiments that were already extant and prevalent. He was not even the only reformer at the time.

Second: why bash Luther so much, but not Calvin or Zwingli or Oekolampad or Servetus, or, going back, people like Wyfcliffe or Jan Huss, who were infinitely much more 'radical'? Luther was comparatively conservative - he established an institutionalized church body with a clergy (in contrast to many movements that saw a call to return to a style of popular but unofficial preaching), explicitly avoided extreme change, based his Lutheran liturgy on the Catholic service he had known and retained various elements from it; he stuck with the Catholic doctrine of the real presence, and for most of his life was attacked by other Reformers for being too "Catholic" and not revolutionary enough.

It's just plain lack of historical knowledge or the context of his life.

t.atheist
>>
>>1553676
The funny thing is that Luther didn't even intend to "break away", he just wanted to reform the Catholic Church from within and then got kicked out.
>>
>>1553710
>tfw you trigger the mods so hard they ban you
>>
>>1553710
>intentions matter, not the end results
Wew
>>
>>1553758
>getting kicked out is the same thing as leaving voluntarily
>>
>>1553758
>It's your fault whenever others are unreasonable
>>
>>1553676
Well for one Bogomils and Paulicians weren't reformers in any sense, they were doctrinally completely separate from the mainline christianity, borderline gnostics, Paulicians renounced OT altogether, Bogomils got rid of all orthodox ceremony from eucharist to priests, neither is at all comparable to reformants
>>
I give mad props to the lollards.

Reading about what happened to them made me full realize the overt disparity between personal and religious freedom compared to monarchies and institutional religion.
>>
>>1553777
All the movements mentioned explicitly rejected the Church's corruption, its inordinate wealth and its meddling in temporal affairs, as well as the Church's stance on the Eucharist and saintly veneration, even if they did have theological differences. Though you are correct, since a number of these sects had no intention of 'reforming' the Church, though some did
>>
File: Gallagher.jpg (104KB, 1187x844px) Image search: [Google]
Gallagher.jpg
104KB, 1187x844px
Jesus loves you OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc
>>
>>1553758
Fuck off, Christcuck
>>
File: Kawaii Jesu.png (32KB, 334x351px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Jesu.png
32KB, 334x351px
>>1554350
In general, it is better to be nice.
>>
>>1554350
kek I fuck your mother last night, fucking shit
>>
File: pls.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: bully1.png (402KB, 1236x1228px) Image search: [Google]
bully1.png
402KB, 1236x1228px
>>1554507
>>
File: Goatman.png (101KB, 550x679px) Image search: [Google]
Goatman.png
101KB, 550x679px
>>1554534
>>
File: g-men.jpg (38KB, 391x585px) Image search: [Google]
g-men.jpg
38KB, 391x585px
>>1554500
>sex with a female

That's disgusting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.