[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whats the big deal with pic related? Why does /his/ like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Rhodesian Flag.jpg (22KB, 336x280px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesian Flag.jpg
22KB, 336x280px
So whats the big deal with pic related? Why does /his/ like it so much? Is it /k/ and /pol/ influence or is there an actual reason for this board to like it?
>>
>>1552656
Not really. It's a moderately interesting test case of watching to see how long colonial administration could drag out it's power.

In terms of being 'proven right', it falls behind stuff like Olimi III
>>
File: straya cunt.jpg (368KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
straya cunt.jpg
368KB, 1600x1200px
RHODESIANS

NEVER

DIE
>>
I'm pretty sure it is mostly /k/ and /pol/ fallout, but it is also a fairly interesting story.

I don't see why people think it's an amazing nation since I'm pretty sure it was just a bunch of colonial farmers, but I get why people are interested in it.
>>
File: tears in the rain.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tears in the rain.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
>>1552673
Salisbury was one of the nicest cities in Africa.
>>
Rhodesia was fighting Soviet and Chinese backed "rebels". Instead of getting support from NATO nations, they got isolated. Since UK was butthurt over the Rhodies declaring independence and not giving suffrage to all the natives.

They were not even that racist or oppressive compared to South Africa. Which was somehow not as ostracized as Rhodesia.

The Rhodesians just wanted to make sure the country they and their ancestors built, would not fall apart. They had already seen what happened in other former african colonies.
>>
>>1552656
As someone with a great interest in economic history I find it amazing how you can turn a prosperous nation into a complete shithole within 15 years.
>>
>>1552747
>Let's take land from those who know how to farm really well and pick on them
>Oops, crop production has collapsed
>Let's print lots of money what could possibly go wrong
>IMF pls gib moni for Mugabe's birthday celebrations

They should have just had a land value tax and used that to buy up the land and give it to poor blicks.

Does anyone else think that Boris Johnston's brother looks like Ian Smith?
>>
File: 1471218075751-1.png (297KB, 732x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1471218075751-1.png
297KB, 732x2251px
This picture should help explain things.
>>
File: operation eland_rhodesia.jpg (87KB, 392x990px) Image search: [Google]
operation eland_rhodesia.jpg
87KB, 392x990px
>>1552656
Because they were badass.
>>
>>1553953
>all that text
>0 (zero) citations

Am I on /pol/?
>>
>>1553985
You don't need citations in a naziboo safe space.
>>
>>1553985
>>1553999
I think it is a /pol/ screencap.

I posted it because it gave insight to why someone might glorify Rhodesia so much. Whether the information is true or not, I can't attest to.
>>
>>1554020
If only it were true.
The Rhodesians were wrong but wromantic...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.