[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the druzhina a bunch of norse varangian rejects or were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: faw5v.jpg (149KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
faw5v.jpg
149KB, 395x600px
Were the druzhina a bunch of norse varangian rejects or were there a bunch of slavs in there aswell?
>>
>>1550980
What do you mean rejects?
>>
>>1551002
rejects obviously or some shit
>>
>>1550980
Depents on the time you are talking about. That term is now used for 1000 years on different groups.For example in modern polnish Druzyna is used for a squad team.
>>
>>1550980
No and no.

Druhzina was a slavic prince's(or king's) professional army.

Early medieval slavic rulers were almost always on the move. They've build a system of castles where sorts of local governors resided but they were also always ready to accommodate the ruler and his druhzina. The rulers moved in between those castles, overseeing their country and establishing their presence in it. Later the system changed but in some places the Druhzina was still a word for king's private army.

The Druhzina was composed from warriors who got paid, it was sort of job. So obviously some of them might have been mercenaries but it's also obvious that majority of them were locals.
>>
>>1551060
Ah thx man
>>
>>1550980
depends on the knyaz my dude!
>>
>>1550980
They were almost predominately made of Slavs, especially in the period of Sviatoslav's reign, where Slavicization had taken a substantial hold in the Rus.They were basically a professional army/retinue of in the service of a knyaz.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.