[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost D-Day Documentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Pretty interesting. Film was screened to the Allied leaders only days after the invasion and then lost in the archives after being miscatalogued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcggNe-SEXU

I've always wondered if film of the bloodier sections of beach ever existed, but hidden for obvious reasons.
>>
>>1550696
Thanks for sharing. This deserves a bump
>>
>>1550696
good quality footage. planes taking off looks just like the modern ones too
>>
Sucks that all the Omaha beach footage was lost.
>>
>>1550696
Neat af
>>
>>1550696

Crazy how much difference 60 fps makes.
>>
>>1551484
it was ? how ? I have always wondered why we haven't seen any footage form there. I understand that you might not want to be the one filming in one of the boats going to the beach. But I thought one could atleast see someone film all the boats going to the beach from one of the bigger fighter ships
>>
>>1553171

All the signal corps and navy cameramen (some landing craft had fixed cameras) turned their film over to the beach master, it was then collected in a duffle bag by an officer to be immediately taken back to England for processing. He dropped the bag overboard when climbing aboard, so the only surviving footage of Omaha or Utah was shot by a cameraman who was wounded and therefore didn't turn in his film.
>>
>>1553213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRohPHLHeLI
>>
>>1553213
man, that fricking sucks. Funny how easy things can be lost in history
>>
>>1553171
Not him, but:

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/oct/23/local/me-35295

The film that was taken is fucking gone. Straight up fucking disappeared. All we have left of Omaha are 11 photos that were taken by someone storming the beach. The rest were either destroyed or disappeared. Any video taken of American soldiers storming beaches happened on Utah
>>
>>1553228
"We're hunting it down," and it's written in 1998. Is there any other news about this ? I assume they haven't found it since we haven't seen anything
>>
>>1553257
It's gone senpai. It's sitting in some classified government archive somewhere collecting dust. Honestly, knowing those archives, it won't be found for a very long time and even then it will be by accident.
>>
>>1553228
>All we have left of Omaha are 11 photos that were taken by someone storming the beach.

There are even myths about those Robert Capa photos. He claims to have taken many more but the LIFE office in London apparently fucked most of them up during development. No evidence for it though.
>>
there is footage in archives thats not available for public viewing. Some of it, or at least some rare footage thats probably like whats in the archives has been leaked online before, and its not pretty
>>
>>1555432

Source?
>>
>>1553171
Robbert capa got some neat pictures including op pic, some idiot ruined in the dark room
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.