[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best place to learn German?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: OktoberfestGirls_2015_C_normal.jpg (49KB, 670x350px) Image search: [Google]
OktoberfestGirls_2015_C_normal.jpg
49KB, 670x350px
I have already studied languages such as Latin in the past at school with suggested textbooks, etc..

How would you guys recommend I learn German just as a hobby on the side? I live in Australia so access to German speakers for practice is rather limited.
>>
>>1550515
It's a cool language, but the country has the world's lowest birthrate so in a few decades it'll be about as useful as Latin.
>>
>>1550515
Why would you want to learn German? If you plan visiting their soon learn Syrian.
>>
Probably Germany or Austria.
>>
>>1550523
>>1550524
You are talking to someone who has spent 6 years at school learning Latin. I don't care if it will die. I just want to learn it for fun.
>>
File: German der, die, das.jpg (279KB, 1428x1150px) Image search: [Google]
German der, die, das.jpg
279KB, 1428x1150px
>>1550515
Music
For me, I like to learn modern or young German so I use hip-hop as a way to learn the lingo as well as slang words. I don't want to sound like a walking textbook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0MR2xYXTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNi9v8qivn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yWrk-4CCBo

As far as websites go, I use http://www.leo.org/ because it has an array of possible words you are looking for rather than just an assumed match.

Grammar is not so bad because English and German share a common origin. The conjugated or changed verb almost always stays as the second word or position in the sentence.

Start small and learn all the genders that German assigns to its words. Masculine, neutral and feminine all have distinct changes through the language.

English just assumes "the", but German changes "the" depending on the noun's place in the sentence. For example, masculine nouns carry "der" for the word "the":

Der > Den > Dem > Des

Subject > Direct object > Indirect Object > Possessive

(Nominative) > (Accusative) > (Dative) > (Genetive)

"The pen sits on Axel's table" becomes:
"Der Kugelschreiber sitzt auf dem Tisch des Axels"

The pen took on nominative case because it is the subject. So "the" stays der. The table is just a location and not a direct object in the sentence, so "der Tisch" took on the dative case to become "dem Tisch". The table belongs to Axel though, so Axel is represented as a male object (being male of course) as "des Axels". Axel is in the genitive case.

Only the male form of "the" does this. Feminine and neutral nouns succumb to different changes.

On another note, the genetive case is dying out. It takes a lot to say all of that. I might say "Der Kuli sitzt auf dem Tisch von Axel." or "Der Kuli sitzt auf Axels Tisch." They would get what I am saying
>>
check out the /int/ sticky
>>
>>1550515
there are tons of strayaboos in Germany who migrate to australia, maybe stick to them.
or go to /int/, there's an eternal /deutsch/ thread talking about politics and Drachenlord. Great way to learn the language.
>>
>>1551558
>politics
They are circlejerking about refugees and afd. It's quite boring after some time
OP should watch some german films
>>
>>1550779
More literally it would be "The pen sits on the table of Axel.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.