[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GREAT MEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 7

Post great men from history.

>Great general that destroyed Spartan supremacy called "the first man of Greece"
>>
>appointed dictator twice
>got shit done and returned farming
>>
The concept of great men determining history has already been disproven by respected historians like John Greene. Now excuse me as I make a 20 min video about Juana Inés de la Cruz
>>
File: John_Green_2010_hoch.jpg (72KB, 235x361px) Image search: [Google]
John_Green_2010_hoch.jpg
72KB, 235x361px
>>1549220
THIS, why not great WOMAN history?
>>
File: 5932590.jpg (135KB, 1240x930px) Image search: [Google]
5932590.jpg
135KB, 1240x930px
>Start as a failed artist and end up as the absolute ruler of Germany
>Use diplomacy to break several treaties and annex entire nations without resistance
>Defeat the strongest military in the world, France's, in barely six weeks
>Take military control of an area reaching from the Atlantic to the Volga
>Force the old colonial powers France and UK to step down in favor of the USA and USSR
>Take Americans to space
>constantly remembered by media and popular culture till now, the mere notion of your name enough to invoke change in mood
>>
>>1549364
/thread
>>
>tactical genius
>fulfills soldiers dying wishes
>arrested because too successful
>takes control of Navy because of necessity even though never been at sea
>wins against odds
>plays significant role in halting Japanese war

Fuck, I need to get his diary or some shit.
>>
>>1549208
Never lost a battle in his career, got blinded and it still didn't affect his performance.
>>
File: 55476_lance_andrew_lg.gif (292KB, 852x1024px) Image search: [Google]
55476_lance_andrew_lg.gif
292KB, 852x1024px
One of the most amazing feats of history was the creation of the King James Version of the Bible in the years leading up to 1611. A committee of bickering scholars pulled together one of the greatest works of English literature.

The “lead mule” on this herculean project was perhaps the most brilliant man of his age, and one of the most pious, Lancelot Andrewes. Throughout his life, he spent about five hours every morning devoted almost entirely to prayer. He once said that anyone who visited him before noon clearly did not believe in God.

Among his many positions in the church, he was the vicar of St Giles Cripplegate, just outside the old walls to the north of the city.

The church was magnificent, beautifully repaired after a fire in 1545, full of the tombs of knights and aldermen, goldsmiths, physicians, rich men and their wives. The church was surrounded by elegant houses and the Jews’ Garden, where Jews had been buried before the medieval pogroms, was now filled with ‘fair garden plots and summer-houses for pleasure some of them like Midsummer pageants, with towers, turrets and chimney-tops.’

But there was another side of Cripplegate.A slum,overcrowded, with a playhouse, seventy breweries,“filled with the diseased poor.” and “too many Irish people”,as all Jacobeans knew,the Irish meant plague. No part of London suffered more horrifyingly in the plague of 1603. Open graves where sundry are buried together were dug in the parish, ‘an hundred hungry graves each to be filled with bodies.’

Thomas Dekker, the sardonic,sententious newsmonger of plague London, wrote,The graves, were ‘like little cellars, piling up forty or fifty in a pit’.
At the beginning of the year,there were about 4,000 people in Lancelot Andrewes’s parish. By December 1603, 2,878 of them had been killed by the disease.”
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.