[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, how would somebody from, lets say, the Middle Ages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Memes aside, how would somebody from, lets say, the Middle Ages suddenly popping up in the present day react to everything?

For example, I think they wouldn't react that strongly to modern technology. Their minds might not even register many of it. There are stories of natives who, when discovered by Europeans, didn't notice the ship coming, or didn't care, they acted as if it's not an amazing thing. According to some, it's because the mind thinks in patterns, and if something is so different from what they knew already, it kind of shuts down and can't properly register it.

So I think someone from centuries past wouldn't really care about technology, at least at first. They would instead look for familiar stuff and react to that. So, for example, they would be shocked at how indecently everyone is dressed, would notice how churches are different etc. Also, they would probably see a modern city as Sodoma and Gomorrah, with lewd images everywhere, churches being dwarfed by most other buildings, everyone overindulging in material pleasures etc.
>>
>>1547160
>with lewd images everywhere, churches being dwarfed by most other buildings, everyone overindulging in material pleasures etc.
Don't confuse ideals with how people really behaved.
>>
>>1547160
>you will never bring a medieval knight to a military base, to see him react to a tank charge

"Par Dieu ! Qu'est-ce que c'est que cette contraption ?!"
>>
Lets not forget that caloric intake of a priest during a fast wouldve been around 4000 calories, and 6000 when not fasting. I would argue we are less overindulging.
>>
>>1547741

That's interesting. How does that work?
>>
>>1547160
i think, and many fiction books agree, that they would think the air stinks of burnt
>>
>>1547160
>. There are stories of natives who, when discovered by Europeans, didn't notice the ship coming, or didn't care, they acted as if it's not an amazing thing
It's almost like that story was made up and complete bullshit.
>>
>>1547235
"L'ingénierie des français est donc superbe à tous les âges! Mais je jure que moi, Simon du Belfort, duc de Nemours, ramènerai cette contraption à mon roi, sire Louis IX, Dieu le protège. Il nous en faut pour mettre fin à la manigance des anglais!".
>>
>>1547160
>go out for a night drive through woodland roads
>hear a strange noise
>stop and get out to investigate
>see a strange ball of light hovering above me and my car
>wake up in my car, it's morning
>"what just happened? oh well, who cares."
>carry on driving
>>
>>1548538
>send him back in time with 2 dozen Abrams, 12 tons of fuel, and a mountain of shells

That would probably be the most genuinely hilarious thing of all time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.