[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife and Sociopaths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: maskofasociopath.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
maskofasociopath.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
Won't the idea of an afterlife of justice always be needed? Sociopaths will always be with us, and we'll never know who they all are.

Furthermore, successful sociopaths have the effect of making normies feel stupid, and so they make normies seek to mould themselves into pseudo-sociopaths.

Under materialism, almost everyone will agree that empathy is a weakness, even those who have a lot of empathy.
>>
A weakness to who? Yourself as an individual?
>>
>>1546385
A weakness no matter what you want to do. In fact, empathy can be a weakness if your goal is to effectively help people.

Empathy is an emotion that override's people's reason and knocks people off balance. It's a weakness just like anger, depression, etc.
>>
>>1546391

Without empathy what's the end goal?
>>
>>1546398
Whatever you come up with. And I'd guess that 90% of sociopaths come up with the answer of "pleasure". Which is why the idea of a just afterlife was created.

I think that atheist normies have no idea how many sociopaths there are. Many sociopaths are drawn to afterlife religions, because they want to ward off nihilism. They seek the infinite pleasure after death.

Afterlife religions are basically a tool to make sociopaths into good people.
>>
>>1546379
>Under materialism, almost everyone will agree that empathy is a weakness, even those who have a lot of empathy.

What? No they don't. Empathy can be a weakness when dealing with a sociopath, but for the most part it's a very prestigious virtue that brings tangible benefit not only to the empath but to the society they live in.
>>
>>1546379
In the afterlife, sociopaths' brains are magically cured of sociopathy and they'll be able to function as normal human souls
>>
File: hijak.jpg (468KB, 1618x1944px)
hijak.jpg
468KB, 1618x1944px
>>1546405
God is ever perfecting His children.
>>
>>1546410
>Empathy can be a weakness when dealing with a sociopath, but for the most part it's a very prestigious virtue
No, the virtue is "helping people". Empathy is just an instinct. If your goal is to help people and gain recognition for it, you'll do it better with a clear head.
>>
File: Jesus loves reptiles.jpg (25KB, 642x383px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus loves reptiles.jpg
25KB, 642x383px
>>1546434
if you tryly wish to help them you must respond to their emotional feedback via empathy.
>>
>>1546434

Virtues are instincts. And while helping people is good, so is the simple act of empathizing with others.
>>
>>1546379

who and where are these mythical boogeyman sociopatha. They're such a fascination and darling of pseudointellectuals, but none of them are actually trained or educated in psychology.

Most people have sociopathic and narcisitic traits, in fact actual psycopaths are very common and normal, but very few are actually the abnormal, truly dangerous type that popular culture is so fascinated with.

The truly abnormal uncommon people are those without anti-social or malignant narccicistic traits. Most people are bullies and unempathic
>>
>>1546379
I'm a sociopath and religious afterlife never entered my mindset (raised Christian until 14). I just understood from a young age that its too much work to kill someone I know who is annoying me and not get caught.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.