[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the differences between Max Stirner's and Ayn Rand's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (131KB, 594x298px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 594x298px
What are the differences between Max Stirner's and Ayn Rand's individualist philosophies?
>>
>>1545207
Rand's is full of spooks while Stirner's is full of memes
>>
Rand believes in some spooky shit, like property rights or that earning money = rational self interest.
>>
>>1545207
they both are adversarial to morality
>>
One major one I can think of off the top of my head is that Rand thinks that there are inalienable rights,
while Stirner thinks quite the contrary.

Though, I'm not too familiar with Objectivism, so I won't say much more.
I'll just leave it at both philosophical methodologies entail vastly different conclusions.
>>
>One major one I can think of off...
English is a retsrded language
>>
>>1545207
memes
>>
>NAP

wew
>>
Stirner is a hegelian and Rand is a crabby old lady
>>
Ayn Rand really believes in what I would call "passive altruism" , or she believes that respecting other people's rights (as she defined their rights in her philosophy) somehow magically never conflicts with self-interest.

Rand's philosophy is full of baseless and unjustifiable claims and subjective opinions presented as the objective truths. Max Stirner's philosophy is just one big "d'oh, of course", really obvious and banal stuff - except that we often somehow manage to convince ourselves that what he's saying isn't true.
>>
>>1545207
One of them is a sociopath, the other one is just autistic.
>>
>>1545207

Rand was a retard. Stirner was not.
>>
>>1545207
Stirner was insufferable, Rand was insatiable. The wiseass and the whore.
>>
Because Rand's philosophy was nothing more than a fan wank that exists nowhere outside of her own fiction.

Stirner at least had the decency to admit spooks are spooks and call bullshit where he saw it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.