[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite alternate history story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: BKTG18629.jpg (122KB, 494x818px) Image search: [Google]
BKTG18629.jpg
122KB, 494x818px
What is your favorite alternate history story?
What alternate history would you like to live in?
My answer for both is Guns of the South.
>>
File: 1392804453645.gif (3MB, 263x150px) Image search: [Google]
1392804453645.gif
3MB, 263x150px
>counterfactual history
>history

RREEEEEE

But being serious, Lest Darkness Fall is great.
>>
Alternative history is one of the highest levels of autism.
>>
>>1540934
funnest*
>>
>>1540934
It's autism but I enjoy it. IDK about many good books about it though.
>>
Where's that chart of alt-how s movies? Have we made one for books yet?
>>
>>1541214
Alt-his I mean. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>1540811
Isn't that the one where it's going nice and plausibly until the author stops giving a shit and time-traveling Soviets show up with AKs for the CSA?
>>
My favorite alternate history story. Is that Spain ruled from laCaƱada (land of canyons) to la florida (land of flowers) all the way to la tierra del fuego. (Land of fire). And that all the famous white people in us history started off in the caribbeans and south america. They were looking for spices. So to be accepted amongst the nordics a group of peope left their semitic looking cousins in the south and took their land in the north by inviting the english in. Since the english believed that they and the nordic protestant were gods people to the world because they were born without blemish. And they in turn sided with the dutch and the story begins. So in ply-mouth rock. These people made their story and how they came from the browns.
>>
>>1541583
The protestant church made it a lot easier for them to in breed and divorce. You didnt need to get paperwork. Etc. they helped the french and the french helped them back in respect to mainland spain. With all due respect the french sold them louisianas. However the papers were faked. But the french didnt care because they were now athiests.
>>
>>1541604
If you ask a racist black person...whose ancestors been here for atleast 500 years theyll tell you these pale blonds are experiments and that their slave ancestors told them they were experiments. And started off in south america as a war between two royal dynasty sympathizers. One acknowledged their germanic heritage and the other a mixture of seafaring peoples. Some even go as far as saying they are time travelers sent as an experiment by a geneticist.
>>
>>1541448
It was actually time-traveling South Africans who think that the South winning would ensure white domination over blacks for all eternity. No, I'm not making this up.
>>
>>1541659
Right right. Goddamn that book wasted an interesting premise.
>>
Fire on the Mountain. Terry Bisson.

John Brown's raid was a success.
>>
>>1540917
What movie/series is the gif from ? The actor was in dead set.
>>
>>1541679
Which is a shame, too, because it starts off alright. Brits backed CSA in the Civil War leading to it becoming a recognized nation, alliance fuckery and general unresolved tension make WWI on the US front Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo, including a Custer that didn't die being old as shit and generally doing that thing that old fashioned officers did in early WWI. Slavery ended in the South but a heavily oppressed black population begins to turn to Communism... It was all good until someone spoiled the awful ending and I sadly put it down.

I wish someone would have done that when I was reading this shlock.
>>
File: take back America.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
take back America.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
This is barely /his/ related but I can't resist posting it.
>>
>>1542292
I bet this would be great to read while drunk.
>>
I picked that up at B&N and tossed it down on reading the lengthy synopsis, the premise is too stupid, even for fiction
>>
>>1542292
This sounds like the greatest early-2000s satire imaginable.
>>
>>1542292
Shame they don't have the balls to write stuff like that anymore.
>>
>>1542314
More like the kenyan islamic gommunist boogeyman turned out to be bland and disappointing and they ran out of inspiration.
>>
File: 1469131068417.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469131068417.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>1541641
is this really a thing
>>
>>1542292
I desperately want to read this
>>
>>1540811
I generally dont and view all of them with revulsion. Especially Harry "What if X had Y" Turtledove.

But I did like "Years of Rice and Salt," and, "Fatherland."
>>
>>1542348
Rice and Salt was amazing, but pretty nothing that happened was justified and we ended with basically a palette swapped modern world for no obvious reason
>>
>>1542361
Race and Salt Sounds interesting. Read the plot summary. In my oppinion its Sounds a lot like leftist/feminist/university fantasy.

Peaceful enlightened scientists not devoping the bomb,heavy emphasis on womens rights etc.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.