[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating a God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: god emperor with pizza.gif (2MB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
god emperor with pizza.gif
2MB, 435x419px
I tried creating this thread on /x/, but as it is full of irrational larping cucks i was banned, flagged and post 404'ed

>Inb4 islamist and christian shills shitfest
pls keep it patrician and comfy

Are gods a human creation, independant of them or always have existed? Are they spooks or constants?

Do god(s), if existant, rely on human worship as a source of power?

Do you think is it possible for a group of people to pray/worship on unison for creating a god or is just mental sickness?

Is the death of a god possible? (inb4 the thousand gods of Hattusa)

Discuss, pls no bully and ban
>>
Yes.
>>
File: check this m8 fam.png (216KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
check this m8 fam.png
216KB, 344x315px
>>1539457
I feel loved now
>>
>Are gods a human creation, independant of them or always have existed?

As far as I'm concerned, they're a tool for self-contemplation. A very successful and useful tool. Their 'existence' isn't really that relevant, it's what they teach us that's important
>>
>>1539468
would that in fact just be a mask for human phillosophy?

God worship and religion most of the time involves a moral and ethical system. Maybe is the self acknowledgement of human falibility and frailness that makes us put those values on a "superior being" as a way to make those said values valid

Also that means if a god dies, it means his whole flock or cultural system around him dies too (most probably the culture dies first)
>>
>>1539491
>would that in fact just be a mask for human phillosophy?

Somewhat, yes, and a mask to cover up the mystery of existence
>>
Anthropomorphic gods are a human creation. Any notion of god we have that applies humanlike characteristics onto him (he is moral, just, angry, fair-skinned, has a beard cuz he's old) are figments.

>Do you think is it possible for a group of people to pray/worship on unison for creating a god or is just mental sickness?
No, the notion of god is a very natural thing and by all means isn't necessarily ridiculous whatsoever.

>Is the death of a god possible?
Depends on a definition. Greek Gods could die, or at least be subdued and be brought close to death. The issue is that there's not any one definition of god (duh), which makes your questions hard to answer.
>>
>>1539493
why mask the most important and powerful mystery of all? The answer to that question has yet even to be answered!

>inb4 conspiracy
if answered, a "secret" that big would be impossible to silence
>>
God, as a concept I believe you are trying to express, is surelly a human creation and have no more power as other global concepts like money, nation or goodness. These concepts have big influence in our history because it's a cultural phenomena.

The concept of god tries to define either the origin of the existence or a ultimate ruler, who ''watches'' over us. As an agnostic I believe that the existence of such origin is highly possible and will never be completely understood by science nor by faith equally.
If such origin is conscious, like described in many religions, it's doubtful. If it cares about us it's even less probable.

I believe in spiruality and faith, although I think people should care more to reach their potential as a religious matter.
>>
>>1539509
>why mask the most important and powerful mystery of all?

Because it's pretty embarrassing to be a priest king, have people come up to you with the question of existence itself just to hear "dunno lol"
>>
>>1539510
This would mean that this global concepts need support to persist and exist. The money and nation examples are quite illustrative because we have micronations that are literal meme states that are recognized by a bunch of larpers around the world even if they fully believe it to be a proper nation, we also have currencies that have no real value on itself because they are either minted on madmen amounts with no real physical back up or have no buying power worldwide (like north korean cash).

Is an interesting concept, the need of a threshold of believers or supporters of an idea for it to gain prestige or validity.

It would disregard atheist cucks that say LOL I BELIEVE IN A FLYING MANATEE WHO IS SMART NOW TOUGH LUCK PAL because the flying manatee has no human supporter threshold for it to be valid.

It is still debatable what the threshold is and what other requirements (such as true non ironic belief on the spook you are trying to validate) is required
>>
>>1539452
according to many pagan faiths Gods can indeed die. Many Norse pagans for example were willing to move on because they felt their Gods had indeed died and there was no point praying to them anymore.

as far as "creating" a god or whether Gods are tied to human worship/thought is another issue and largely more of an occult/metaphysical matter than anything that can be concretely answered.
hypotheticly Gods merely represent ideas, and in Hinduism for example the addition of "new" gods isn't a big deal since they are all ultimately part of the same unifying "self" as are all things in the universe. creating a new god in this respect is just giving form to energy and idea.
>>
>people arguing about God/Gods in material rational terms
wew
too many agnostic/athiest knobs here.
>>
>>1539820
flying manatee believer spoted
>>
>>1539820
>Material terms

Someone here doesn't know what material means
>>
>>1539820
>muh special pleading ur not allowed to think about muh wonderful delightful fantasy
>>
>>1539452
>Is the death of a god possible?
Osirus, Baal Hadad and Jesus. though all of them came back to life through various means
>>
>>1539820
>>1540334
>>1540852

thread derailer spoted

>>1540915
did they really died? Also neither of them were initially gods, maybe their deaths ascended them to godhood
>>
File: 29UE7.jpg (525KB, 1034x1121px) Image search: [Google]
29UE7.jpg
525KB, 1034x1121px
>>1540915
>>
File: Orpheus-crucified087.jpg (94KB, 550x774px) Image search: [Google]
Orpheus-crucified087.jpg
94KB, 550x774px
>>1541004
He didn't say they were all the same god. He just said they all die in their own tale.

Most of us know Zeitgeist is bullshit but do you really think that Jesus Christ figure is free from religious syncretism' influence?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.