[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alexander >Great >BTFO'd by Indians Wew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: alexandergreat.jpg (121KB, 612x422px) Image search: [Google]
alexandergreat.jpg
121KB, 612x422px
>Alexander
>Great
>BTFO'd by Indians

Wew
>>
this board is fucking shit
>>
>Conquer half the world
>troops reach the edge of the Indus river
>despite having endured hundreds of bloody battles, deaths, injuries, and diseases, they can't endure the stink of the floating faecal excrement of 1.5billion indians and refuse to go any further.
>>
>>1539423
>>BTFO'd by Indians

But he wasn't. He never lost a single battle. He was 'defeated' by his troops wanting to go the fuck home.
>>
>>1539453
He was technically defeated by the tropical and fatal disease he contracted. I'm pretty sure he would've been able to motivate his troops again, he was a very imposing and convincing person
>>
>>1539458
>tropical and fatal disease

I don't think alcoholism is necessarily tropical.
>>
>>1539458
There's only so far you can push people. The fact that he managed to convince thousands of men to war for a dozen years straight is a measure of his ability in that respect. Also, by this point he was becoming visibly unhinged, even to the average guy in the army. He had killed numerous friends for perceived slights and was drunk most of the time. They were at a breaking point, and so was he.
>>
>>1539469
the booze didn't kill him though. He overindulged all the time for sure, but some exotic Nile virus wound up doing him in
>>
>>1539448
>"conquer" a falling empire
>Make greek and persian relations worse
>Reaches Indus, Porus rapes his army
>Alexander doesn't want to continue, plutarch reports that the sheer number of the kingdoms further in India would have surely ended Alexander's reign
>>
>>1539423
>Visited poo in the loo's
>Died of disease
ayy lmao
>>
>>1539770
yeah and the raze of carthage really ruined rome/carthage relations
>>
>>1539770
>porus rapes his army
All porus had to do was secure a medium deep river crossing and he still failed, he was an embarrassment.

Also if the Persians couldn't stop him I doubt the dozens of smaller kingdoms could, it's just that his men were tired after 15 or so years of war
>>
>>1540258
Europeans were dirtier than orientals
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.