[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Penal/Punishment battalions work like they did back in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Soviet Penal Battalion.jpg (13KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
Soviet Penal Battalion.jpg
13KB, 271x186px
Could Penal/Punishment battalions work like they did back in World War 2, or when the French had them in the 19th century? Why get rid of soldiers with their silly convictions when they still have use to serving the country? Hitler's infamous 36th Waffen Grenadier Division was made up of poachers with plenty of marksmenship early on, and hell although when in desperation they used bigger criminals they still had no problem brutally defeating the enemy.
>>
>>1537442

Yeah.

Taking criminals and intentionally giving them military training and guns is generally a retarded idea. The Nazis tried it at least once, however, mostly out of desperation....with horrifying results.
>>
>>1537442
Well we needed penal batallions back then because we needed the manpower, whereas in modern war manpower is almost irrelevant. A single pimple faced retard remotely controlling a Predator drone can do more damage than entire batallions from the 1850s.
>>
>>1537442
>We have a organization that relies on strict discipline and Service
>members of this organization have acces too weapons and other danger ins stuff
>lets arm people who can't follow rules and have repeteadly displayed dangerous behavior
>What could possibly wrong

Pedal battalions consisting of soldiers who otherwise would be shot can be useful though.
>>
We have one, its called the United States marine corps >:)
>>
>>1537442
Yeah, Dirlewanger and his boys were super effective against unarmed women and children. Man is the most dangerous game, they say. The one time the 36th Waffen went up against an actual unit of trained soldiers at the end of the war in Hungary, I believe, they were quite literally annihilated by the Soviets. The unit lost all ability to function as a fighting force and was disbanded. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
>>
>>1537487
All dem rapes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.