[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Horned God: primal archetype, or Indo-European deity that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Horned_god.gif (112KB, 319x561px) Image search: [Google]
Horned_god.gif
112KB, 319x561px
The Horned God: primal archetype, or Indo-European deity that spread by word of mouth? Discuss.
>>
>>1533703
>Moloch
>Indo-European
>>
>>1533703
>there are horned mammals out there
>"hey guys, imagine a god that has horns!!"
>>
Wiccans: fucking retards, or misguided wishful thinkers who plug their ears to mainstream historians and archaeologists?
>>
>>1533703
What horned god? The only Indo-European one I can think of is Cernunnos who has antlers rather than bull horns like Moloch.
>>
>>1533703
It's a Semitic god
>>
>>1533703
did that awesome god sexed virgins?
>>
>>1533816

No it involved child sacrifice and male eunuch prostitution
>>
>>1533703
Modern idea of wicca and other psuedo-mystic tossers. Like >>1533710 mentioned, horns are pretty common, snd the type of horns would have mattered and have different meanings to ancient peoples; a deer would have been percieved differently from a cow which would be different than an aurox etc. Early modernish cult cosplayers didn't care enough to look into what ancient religions actually did, see >>1533794 , and so ignored the different way those gods would be regarded because "Hey, they all have horns and Satan has horns so they were totally the same right"
>>
>>1533826
They're like the people who made Zeitgeist

Yes, yes

Jesus, Horus, Mithras, and Dionysus are all the same deitiy because you stretched and outright fabricated a few shared traits
>>
File: sun.jpg (15KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
15KB, 500x313px
>>1533703
horned animals hold the sun within their horns, as well they also mimic the moon

Horned gods seem beyond European tradition though
>>
File: simil.png (199KB, 1453x584px) Image search: [Google]
simil.png
199KB, 1453x584px
>>1533866
>Zeitgeist
I dunno why they did that. Most retarded thing. THere is one singular religion they could have used as an example instead of multiple. Which is the base (that we know) of all modern (pre abrahamic religion included) religion. Our first truly 'ancient' religion.

Africans need not apply, yet.
>>
>>1533800

indra, agni, pan
>>
>>1533935

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agni

>ctrl f horn
>0 results
>>
>>1533703
Neither, horned god is bullshit invented by an early 20th century neopagan feminist.
>>
>>1533932
Zeitgeist mixed a lot of facts with lies, ruining it for everyone that came after.

>make a valid, sourced comparison between Christianity and X pre-Christian belief or myth
>Zeitgeist
End of discussion.
>>
File: Mesopotamian myth.png (68KB, 1444x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mesopotamian myth.png
68KB, 1444x540px
>>1533932
Is also our basis of the 'horns'.

http://www.ancientneareast.net/mesopotamian-religion/horned-cap/

Literally everything you are looking for in religion can be found here.
>>
>>1533703
i recognize this as moloch as i went through 3 seasons of the worst tv series ever produced and googled it
>>
>>1533935
Retard alert
>>
>>1533945
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/concepts/agni.asp

third google result for agni, horns

Indra is constantly called a bull in the vedas.
>>
>>1533703
>>1533800

Moloch isn't even supposed to have horns. He's meant to have a calf's head. And likely never existed in the first place.

Though brazen bulls did, as in the torture machine Moloch's idol is modeled on, but I don't think there's any evidence of ones designed for children.
>>
>>1533703
Considering that horned and/or antlered animals have been found across five of the seven continents since before humans I'd say that the former is much more likely.
>>
>>1533703
If anything it was spread by pre Indo european population from Anatolia and the balkans to Europe during the neolithic.
>>
>>1533794
In 100 years histroy and its study will be very different.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.