[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OUTTA MY WAY HITTITE FUCKING SHITS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

OUTTA MY WAY HITTITE FUCKING SHITS
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 141x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 141x273px
>>1533441
Ramses is my pharaohfu, he was a badass even if he did leave super exaggerated accounts of his victory at Kadesh.

>you will never leave colossal granite likenesses of yourself scattered throughout the land for people to spend the next 3000 years marveling at
>>
Muwatalli II will bang your ass
>>
>>1533441
Who even won?
>>
>>1533986
>some salty fuck in the future will never make a poem about how all leaders empires fall about you
>>
>>1534495
The sea peoples.
>>
>>1534536
Couldn't historian think of a sexier name than "Sea People"? Makes me think of JarJar Binks in the Mediterranean fucking ancient civilizations up with those blue ball things.
>>
>>1533441
It's incredible.

Among the allies of the Hittities there are also the same people allied with Troy in the Iliad.

Egyptian Name Location
Ḥt Ḥatti (central Anatolia)
Nhrn Nahrin = Mitanni
I҆rṭw Arzawa (western Anatolia)
Pds Pitassa (central Anatolia)
Drdny Dardania (allies of the Trojans,[43] northwest Anatolia)
Ms Masa (Mysia, northwest Anatolia)
Krkš Karkisa (Anatolia)
Krkmš Carchemish, in Syria
Qd A poorly defined area in northern Syria
Qdš Kadesh (in Syria)
Ꜥkrṭ Ugarit (in north Syria)
Mwšꜣnt Mushanet (Unknown)
Kškš Kaska (northern Anatolia)
Lk Lukka lands (Lycia and Caria, southwest Anatolia)
Qḍwdn Kizzuwatna (Cilicia)
Nwgs Nuḥḥašši (in Syria)
I҆rwnt (sic!) Arawanna (In Anatolia)
Ḥlb Ḥalba (Aleppo, in Syria. Led by its king, Talmi-Sarruma, grandson of Suppiluliuma I.)
I҆ns Inesa (Unknown, possibly Neša in central Anatolia)
>>
post yfw the Nearin division shows up to help defeat the Hittite dogs
>>
>>1535322

It's what the Egyptians called them.
>>
>>1535322
I'm pretty sure that's what the ancient sources called them, so naturally the term stuck.
>>
>>1535356
Not really, only Teresh, Sherden, Shekelesh and Ekwesh were known as sea peoples.
>>
>>1534536
>meme peoples
>>
>>1534495

The Hittites. They had the unique quirk among ancient peoples of recording their history as accurately as possible, quite unlike the attitude of people like the Egyptians, for whom history was about propaganda, not facts.
>>
>>1535444
>>1534495
The Hittities didn't exist anymore 150 years after the battle of Kadesh, the Egyptians did, I think it's clear who the winner is here.
>>
>>1535454

So because the Nazis don't exist any more and Poland does, this proves Poland won WW2?
>>
>>1535461
If you consider that the USSR also lost the Cold War, yes.
>>
>>1535469

So what you'e saying is that you're a idiot who should be ignored and / or mocked?
>>
mitanni btfo
>>
File: 1463080084163.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1463080084163.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>1535342
>>
File: 1419819521741.jpg (12KB, 275x268px) Image search: [Google]
1419819521741.jpg
12KB, 275x268px
>>1535454
>Egyptians tried to invade Hittite territory
>Egyptians agree to a peace treaty after the battle and stop the invasion

Hmmm
>>
File: Egyptian Pantheon.jpg (653KB, 1938x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian Pantheon.jpg
653KB, 1938x1000px
>>1533441
I love how after the war, both sides entered a fake friendship. Both wrote letters about being brothers and sisters among their nobility. I can almost smell the fakeness

No matter how hard the cheese seemed though... the peace did last. I imagine that they saw war with each as too bloody to risk
>>
>>1537015
Too bloody and too likely to descend into a pointless stalemate that results in neither side accomplishing anything except weakening themselves in the face of other closer and more existential threats. And rebellious provinces.

It's hard to hate the guy a thousand miles away when the guy a hundred miles away would kill you if given the chance.
>>
>>1533986
>picking Rameses
pleb

Thutmose III is the real big dog of the egyptian history.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.