[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Psychopathy real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 18

File: dytxdi.jpg (37KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
dytxdi.jpg
37KB, 350x227px
Is Psychopathy real?
>>
>>1532258

Yes.
>>
>>1532258
uh yes? it's a mental condition that's been observed and studied
>>
>>1532258
Yes, I´m not sure how anyone can doubt its existence.
>>
>>1532258
Lad, no, no it is not.
>>
>>1532294
Maybe because noone ever truly been in the mind of the psychopath. Sure, they have mental problems, but that's all you really can tell. You can observe it externally, but can't really tell where the individ stands in this situation. For him, the problem might as well be completely out of his control, personality and ego. I believe it is often for them to state how no one will understand them or something along those lines. Have you ever felt desperately in need of the emphathy of others?
>>
>>1532361
>Maybe because noone ever truly been in the mind of the psychopath
by this standard of proof we can't know for sure the details of any mental disorder. how can you know schizophrenics hear voices when you haven't heard the voices yourself?
>>
>>1532294
The same way people doubt the scientific validity of both psychiatry and psychology as disciplines.
>>
>>1532366
>we can't know for sure the details of any mental disorder
That's right, we literally cannot. Might be why so many disorders are described with broad brushes.
>>
>>1532378
ITT OP is a cant no nuffin faggot
>>
>>1532366
Maybe "trying to look towards psychopaths a bit more empathic" was more close to what I meant. I noticed that in the modern society nobody would even dare to do such a thing, mainly because of atrocities the psychopaths oftenly commit, and fairly so, ofcourse. But I think empathy would really help with the how's and why's of some mental ilnesses, and maybe could even help sucsessfully treating them.
>>
>>1532408
PROTIP: Not all Psychopaths are 'evil'

t. Psychopath.
I come bundled with friends.
>>
>>1532408
Well the general idea is that psychopaths don't want and are unable to appreciate empathy.
>>
File: Mads.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mads.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
>>1532414
Are you self-diagnosed?
>>
>>1532420
[spoiler]No[/spoiler]
>>
>>1532408
psychopaths don't want to have empathy. they don't see it as a problem. in order to treat them you'd have to find some way to coerce them. also why should I force myself to have empathy on a group that I don't? empathy is a purely emotional reaction that I simply don't have towards this group. also empathy is exactly what sociopaths want: it makes us easier for them to manipulate. don't tell the sheep to show empathy to the wolf
>>
File: okay.png (212KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
212KB, 300x450px
>>1532424
>>
>>1532361

The thing about psychopaths/sociopaths/people with APD, is that they don't lack control of themselves, barring the presence of additional mental conditions. They have control and they know exactly what they're doing.

Most psychopaths do not lack the empathy of others, although that empathy is pretty much always directed at the personality they've constructed in order to interact with people around them. Along the same lines, most psychopaths won't necessarily want someone empathizing with their actual, unfiltered self, because it subverts the public mask they've put so much work into maintaining. Further, you'd almost certainly find that the vast majority of them don't want treatment (because really, it's an advantage, not a hindrance), and that if you want to try treating them without their consent, you then have an angry psychopath.

t. Psychopath
>>
>>1532449
The problem with this as exposed in this thread (while I do feel I have psychopathic tendencies) you cannot verify this. I went to a psychiatrist due to suicidal problems and we talking about the voices and what not and she said and put on my diagnosis that I am some-what psychopathic, I cannot remember the exact term as it was a while a go. But I mean it's a simple checklist (like it is which depression also). Essentially you could lie and get a diagnosis very easily, but why would you? Doing that is a problem in itself.

Kind of makes things easier when you understand your brain is a little broken and you can control the insanity as you can now properly identify it.
>>
>>1532270
>(((studied)))
>>
>>1532504
What a charming story. I wonder what percentage of the population is some-what psychopathic?
>>
>>1532534
The way the medical system is set up, everyone. They want you to buy drugs.

Stay out of the mental health system, what ever you do. Unless you want some dank drugs and to be a zombie for a few months/years.
>>
>>1532534
Considering the criteria....prolly a lot
>>
>>1532534
>some-what psychopathic?
Never met a single person that didn't check something off the list.
>>
>>1532544
there are problems with pharmaceutical companies, but what you've said is a huge exaggeration
>>
>>1532545
the estimate I've heard is 1 in 25
>>
>>1532544
>t.Scientologist
>>
>>1532554
Not at all. If you think there are any 'good' business out there, you are incredibly naive.

Sure the Doctors and Secretaries and everyone who works in the practice """""might""""" care, but there is a reason why it usually costs upwards of hundreds of dollars to talk to someone for 30 minutes.

There is a reason why a pill, which costs literally cents to manufacture is resold at 10000% cost.

And no, it's not because they care.
>>
Psychopaths are evil because psychopathy is only an advantage when they are a minority and have the ability to take advantage of people who aren't soulless sacks of shit.
Have a society of psychopaths and it would quickly fall apart.
Psychopaths are parasites.
>>
>>1532590
>Psychopaths are parasites.
By that logic you normal peoples are parasites on us mentally unstables.

Mentally unstable peoples are the ones who usually have ideas that change the world.

(einstein was an autist)

You are all parasites on the mentally unstable.

Have a society of normal people and it will go nowhere.
>>
>>1532590
How is psychopathy an advantage?
>>
>>1532590

You're the dumbass from the other thread who thinks we should round up all the psychopaths and ship them to their own little country- as if that will fix society forever for everybody else- aren't you?
>>
>>1532593
Normal to whom?
>>
>>1532600
Psychopathic to whom?
>>
>>1532607
Dr. Shekelberg
>>
>>1532596

Almost no emotional restriction on behavior, coupled with the ability to blend near-perfectly with society, and an understanding of how to manipulate people which stems from having to artificially construct and maintain that camouflage.
>>
>>1532617
Sounds lonely. How is that an advantage?
>>
>>1532587
this an inherent problem in any business. there is pressure from the government regulation, studies that have to go up against a placebo, patients who could potentially sue or spread by word of mouth that a drug doesn't work, news organizations hoping to find a scandal. pharmaceutical companies want to get results. a drug that works will make more money than one that only works as well as a placebo. the problem is that they are lazy and when they see some results from a compound they will rush it out to market as fast as possible. the high costs you've sighted are primarily an issue in the U.S. other western countries, especially those with universal health care. of course there is a problem, but you can't simplify it to "we shouldn't take pills made by pharmaceutical companies at all"
>>
>>1532617
You miss the point bullah, on a day to day basis you are interacting with psychopaths, you cannot know. We hide very well, we are very aware of our actions.

The ones that fall to their nature and actually act on their psychopathic nature are the weak ones, and the few. Most you will never know except for inklings every now and again.
>>
>>1532627
>"we shouldn't take pills made by pharmaceutical companies at all"
I didn't know staying out of the mental health system equated to not taking any pills, at all.

Watch your projection, idiot.
>>
>>1532629
What is the point?
>>
>>1532627
*other western countries, especially those with universal health care don't have this problem
>>
>>1532637
The point is you think all psychopaths are 'evil', it's wrong. Almost all are in control of themselves, the ones who act on their nature are not in control, sadly.

That's the point. You do not know when you are interacting with a psychopath, although they know when they are interacting with someone normal.

So you cannot say what you are saying, you are ignorant on the subject.
>>
>>1532633
alright, then you can't simplify it to "we should stay out of the mental health system altogether"
>>
>>1532622

You tend to be able to get things done, and achieve your goals, much more effectively. Loneliness isn't all that much of an issue.

>>1532629

I wasn't the guy he was asking, just interjecting to provide an answer. I'm >>1532495
>>
>>1532627
>the high costs you've sighted are primarily an issue in the U.S. other western countries, especially those with universal health care.

I am Australian. I am meant to give my drugs that I do not take back to the practice because the drugs are so fucking expensive third world countries cannot afford them and the unused drugs are donated to places like Philippines. And the only reason why the drugs are cheaper is because I am on welfare benefits, as is required to get a health care card. Otherwise the drugs are full price.

If it was a business built around care of the patient this would not be the case, you are also probably aware of the guy who recently patented something to do with AIDS vaccine so Africans can't afford it.
>>
>>1532650
Are psychopathic goals even worth achieving?
>>
>>1532649
Ye, yes I can.
>>
>>1532655

Psychopaths also tend toward the nihilistic end of the philosophy spectrum, so they don't tend to care.
>>
>>1532653
>If it was a business built around care of the patient this would not be the case
you mean like the doctors who you stated might not care? no matter what you are always going to have this problem. everyone to some extent is out for the money
>>
>>1532378
Dumbest thing I've read all day, how can you claim validity to anything? People attempt to make order out of chaos you dunce
>>
>>1532668
Right but the question is how is this an advantage?

Someone with autism might be very effective in organizing their DVD collection and able to accomplish it very quickly but do they gain any sort of advantage in doing so? In fact, being preoccupied with trivial goals is actually a disadvantage.
>>
File: 1460134964196.jpg (87KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460134964196.jpg
87KB, 588x437px
>>1532650
>>1532617
I truly don't believe you on the loneliness factor, humans are social beings by nature. I'm sure you too have longed for some lover and not just living a robotic life of gaining materials.
>>
>>1532530
This board is absolute fucking trash
>>
>>1532709

How is anything an advantage, then? How is building a fiscal empire any different than building a family? The answer to that seems obvious to you, but a special distinction between the two kinds of fulfillment is severely weakened, if not nonexistent for a psychopath.

>>1532738

>humans are social beings by nature

Psychopaths are antisocial by nature. The DSM describes it literally as Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Mentally, psychopaths are fairly inhuman.
>>
>>1532762
Well no, Psychopaths are literal humans. The definition of human doesn't include them, therein lies the problem with our language.
>>
>>1532762
when ever you got the time I would strongly recommend you watch this video, I think its a good example of someone who once classified as unsympathetic and certainly was a points in his life. However if you watch the whole video you see many moments where he breaks down and shares many of the feelings and emotions he felt to people he thought he never cared about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoq8qYvx18
>>
I have been legitamately and properly diagnosed by more than one psychiatrist as having antisocial personality disorder. I can't very well state with any certainty how different my inner experience is from "normal" people. I can tell you, that from what I know of myself and how I behave, feel, and interact with others, and what I've observed of how others behave and interact with others and their reactions to things, I am and have always been different.

For instance, I can observe that others feel fear about dangerous situations and potential consequences. I am flat and have no emotional repsonse to danger or consequence. I can logically know if I do x thing, then y is a likely outcome. I'm just simply indifferent and undeterred, if x is something I want to do or I think it will benefit me.

Empathy. I know what it is, I've heard it described and talked about plenty of times in my life. I've seen empathetic displays of emotion and behavior all throughout my life. I know it's definition and it's purpose in humanity, but I don't know it's feeling. I can try to put myself in another's shoes mentally, I can imagine sensory input they might experience to a degree, but it never carries through to imagining the emotional impact or mental feelings they may be experiencing. If that makes sense.

In short, yes, I do believe it's real.
>>
>>1532762
An advantage brings you closer to immortality and replicating your genetic information via offspring accomplishes this moreso than building a business empire which will inevitably belong to someone else.

I am also glad to see you refer to a psychopathic brain as suffering from a weakness.
>>
>>1532770

That's why I said mentally inhuman. Physically, of course they're human, but the psychology is fairly alien.

>>1532787

I've watched this one before, yes. I also don't think he's a psychopath, or at the very least, he's on the lower end of the scale. Or, you know, he's simulating guilt for the sake of sympathy and television time.
>>
>>1532828

That's a very limited, and I would argue, invalid definition of immortality.

In my mind, life constitutes the continuation of the self, not the genetics. There's not really a sliding scale, there. Sure, the bigger a social legacy you leave, the longer you're remembered, but that doesn't mean anything to your corpse.
>>
>>1532832
>That's why I said mentally inhuman. Physically, of course they're human, but the psychology is fairly alien.

Evidently not though, as they are literal human beings. Mental and physical aspects are inseparable, they create a whole.
>>
>>1532832
well this goes in circles then because when I watched it, I legitimately sensed guilt in his action for those he hurt (not necessarily those he killed but family members) and by that case he isn't Anti-social more just paranoid and has moments where he blocks empathy. If its a con whats the real advantage anyways? its not giving him a shorter sentence.
>>
>>1532844
Ok if there is any hope for the self existing after death it requires somekind of spirituality. Therefore it is more advantageous to devote yourself to spiritual things than material things because it increases the likelihood of the self persisting after death.
>>
File: 1402332259513.jpg (59KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402332259513.jpg
59KB, 469x500px
Psychopathy is mainly characterized by fearlessness and the absence of the ability to feel anxiety.

I mean, not every psychopath in society is a evil serial killer or whatnot, it's much more likely that they are people who do risky jobs, or have dangerous hobbies.

Like, a lot of police officers, or military, probably fit the bill of someone with psychopathy, but because they have been raised and socialized well, their psychopathy doesn't manifest in to anti-social behaviors such as murder or violence in general.
>>
>>1532850

Okay, if you're going to be this anal about it, yes, a mental difference between a human and psychopath actually does constitute a minute physical difference.

If you compare two brain scans- one from a normal person, one from a psychopath- there is a notable difference, if you know what to look for, notably in the areas of the brain concerning emotional processing and social interaction. These differences result in a psychopathic person having a worldly outlook and set of priorities that are inconsistent with their "normal" human counterparts.
>>
>>1532855

Hence

>I also don't think he's a psychopath, or at the very least, he's on the lower end of the scale
>>
>>1532861

>Ok if there is any hope for the self existing after death it requires somekind of spirituality.

Why?
>>
File: srsly?.jpg (302KB, 906x647px) Image search: [Google]
srsly?.jpg
302KB, 906x647px
>>1532892
Because the body dies at death obviously.
>>
>>1532882
Mhm, they are both still human. The definition of what it means to be human created by humans is obvious wrong.

>being so egotistical you have to be correct, when you are explicitly wrong.

All humans have small, minor differences in their brain and chemical make-up, they are still humans.
>>
>>1532889
then why would you bring up
>Or, you know, he's simulating guilt for the sake of sympathy and television time.
I don't even know what you are arguing about psychopaths at this point. That they are different beings or some crap?
>>
>>1532903

Brought that up on the chance that he actually was a psychopath. I could see someone who's been in jail for years wanting to shake things up a little by getting interviewed and being on TV- prison seems boring.

>>1532900

I think, just maybe, both of us have gone too far into semantics, but in totally opposite directions.

>>1532896

So, then, does the mind, unless the Machine is successful. Believing in spiritual things doesn't increase the odds of having a soul, or that soul being immortal.
>>
>>1532815
do you never feel dependent on others or a notion that you owe somebody something whether for friendship or settling debt?
>>
>>1532940
The mind, is not, the spirit and no believing does not increase the odds that it exists but if it does exist believing does increase the odds that the afterdeath will have life and not more death.
>>
>>1532957

>more death

Hwat
>>
>>1532961
Second death.
>>
>>1532408
>being empathetic to a person that doesn't understand empathy
Why tho
>>
>>1532980
For empathy's sake.
>>
>>1532967

What does that change?
>>
>>1532996
Afterlife to second death.
>>
>>1533004

The spiritual belief systems which associate the death of the soul with lack of faith are few and far between
>>
>>1532990

So, it's just for the sake of ego-stroking?
>>
>>1533013
Those are the ones you have to prepare for because if they're wrong your soul lives anyway but if they're right and you didn't prepare then you die the second death.
>>
>>1532940
>I think, just maybe, both of us have gone too far into semantics, but in totally opposite directions.
That is literally my point. Semantics are broken, you can make them mean whatever you want to the point where you can prove a human being is not a human being.

How does that compute? Again, Psychopaths are human beings, we were born from human parents, the definition what it means to be human does not encompass us.

That's all. We still human yo'.
>>
>>1533022
no
>>
>>1533041

Okay, human, sure. Yes. I agree. One point for you. Gold star sticker.

This doesn't mean you can apply the blanket definition used here >>1532738, saying that human beings are social by nature, and use it to assume that a psychopath must also require the same social fulfillment a normal human needs to be content.
>>
>>1533043

How? Doesn't do anything for the psychopath, except maybe irritate them.

It serves purely to fulfill the empathetic desires of the person trying to "connect" with psychopaths.
>>
File: Here you go.png (133KB, 1400x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Here you go.png
133KB, 1400x1163px
>>1533062
I am not him, simply saying yours and his, definitions for humans are wrong and evidently do not include these anti-social humans which do exist.

>Gold star sticker.
Fanks, you should use images for that.
>>
File: You did it!.png (101KB, 512x397px) Image search: [Google]
You did it!.png
101KB, 512x397px
>>1533083

Oh, sweet, saved.

I usually use this one, when people are memeing a little too hard..
>>
>>1533062
So you are telling me that a true defined psychopath in this day and age is totally cut off from human contact and are in no way social, economicly and politically influenced from the outside world? Do these statistically thousands of self-efficact and sustaining individuals live out on the woods by themselves?
>>
>>1533121

Not saying that they do, saying that it wouldn't be a particular drag on their mental well-being.
>>
>>1532258
egocentrism
>>
>>1533072
it sets an example for others too
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>1532504
>about the voices and what not and she said and put on my diagnosis that I am some-what psychopathic

That's "PSYCHOTIC" not "PSYCHOPATH" you fucking idiot, "psychopathy" has long since been absorbed into the dump-category of a persistent personality disorder like BPD, where people are incapable of not being massive assholes to everyone else without therapy. Psychoses is the tendency to experience a psychotic state where you hear voices, see things that arent there, etc, and has nothing to do with your personality or interpersonal relations. Please read a book. And not a god damn Hannibal Lecter book either you memelord. This board is a disgrace.
>>
>>1533336

So that they can feel better about themselves too?
>>
File: 1470627509521.png (47KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1470627509521.png
47KB, 350x350px
>>1533346
>anon mis-remembered word and thinks he is psychopath
>>
>>1533348
empathy is necessary for social cohesion so it is helpful for members of a society to model it
>>
File: ZmwGbf6.jpg (53KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
ZmwGbf6.jpg
53KB, 800x799px
>>1533354
It's even sadder considering blunted affect and distorted mental/emotional object representation ARE actually symptoms of schizophrenia, which a particularly low g shitposter could easily misinterpret as signs of being The Joker IRL

>tldr take your pimozide kids
>>
>>1533357

Just seems a bit counter to the cohesion of a society to empathize with a demographic incapable and unwilling to reciprocate, while fully able and willing to exploit said empathy.
>>
>>1533354
>>1533346
>>1533368

Sorry Anons, I didn't realize you knew more than practiced professionals inside the psychiatric field. Note psychiatric, not psychology.

But please, tell me how you know so much. And how you didn't just latch onto one small part of a not even fully explained post.

Surely one can't be Psychopathic and psychotic, surely. Surely you guys know my full story more so than an actual professional who I expressed it to.

Go on, explain more how they are wrong and you guys are right, I am waiting.
>>
>>1533392
they weren't saying that the psychiatrist was wrong, but that you misremembered the word
>>
File: 1371318378452s.jpg (2KB, 100x125px) Image search: [Google]
1371318378452s.jpg
2KB, 100x125px
>>1533392
>Shit guys, did my mom ask me to give her lemonADE or Don Lemon AIDS?
>I don't really remember, maybe it was both? yeah, that's plausible.

Outstanding.
>>
>>1533401
But I didn't. Not at all. I didn't explain my full story as I did to the psychiatrist to warrant this diagnosis yet you think that's all I told her in order to receive said diagnosis.

>attempting to justify projection
Why bother?
>>
>>1533424
>attempting to justify projection
what? I'm not even the anons that said you were wrong. you do appear to be somewhat psychotic due the the erratic way that you are lashing out without fully understanding what others are saying
>>
>>1533447
>you do appear to be somewhat psychotic due the the erratic way that you are lashing out without fully understanding what others are saying

I am also psychotic. You are telling me I am missing up psychotic and psychopathic simply because in my post I mentioned hearing voices.

That's projection, blood.
>>
Yes.
I found out one of my best friends is a sociopath, we did mushrooms with a few other friends and he fully explained his philosophy to me.
He also decided to go full 1984 and manipulate everybody everybody that was tripping into believe false accounts of what happened that day.
Not a fun experience.
>>
>>1533460
>I found out one of my best friends is a sociopath, we did mushrooms with a few other friends and he fully explained his philosophy to me.

Post it. He could just have drug induced psychosis. Seen it happen, very sad. Had a trip and somewhere along the lines he thought everyone was talking shit about him and his brain stayed in that state.
>>
File: 1469285631201.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1469285631201.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>>1533459
>"you are telling me I have [disorder] because [fundamental diagnostic criterion of disorder][reputed by trained disorder diagnostician]"
>"that's crazy talk, I dont believe you!
>>
>>1533459
kek, I'm not projecting, you're just attempting to insult me. how could I project my own mistake of mixing up psychopaths and psychotics? you didn't mention that you had both in the original post and acted as though hearing voices was a symptom of psychopathy. so either you were unclear or you mixed them up
>>
>>1533477
>still attempting to justify projection
>instead of just not posting anymore
Why bother senpai?
>>
>>1533484
>you didn't mention that you had both in the original post and acted as though hearing voices was a symptom of psychopathy. so either you were unclear or you mixed them up
See, there is your projection. In your own words.

I admit my wording is sketchy, you two are the only ones to make this mistake though, long after the discussion is actually ended.
>>
File: 1469038723990.jpg (33KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1469038723990.jpg
33KB, 490x490px
Hey, gook!Moot, can you make an /edgy/ board and send all the people in this thread there?
>>
>>1533490
it's not projection, you don't seem to understand what it means. I didn't see that you admitted that the wording was messed up, only that you said you had both. so that's my bad. but there was no reason to get so defensive
>>
>>1533523
>so that's my bad. but there was no reason to get so defensive
Kek, just like there is no reason to project onto others?

Maybe you could have asked what I meant, instead of simply saying I do not know what I am saying.

Fuck off.
>>
>>1533532
>Maybe you could have asked what I meant, instead of simply saying I do not know what I am saying.
I'm not the poster who first brought it up. besides you are overreacting to a simple correction that was due to you listing a symptom of being psychotic in your story of being diagnosed as psychopathy. the simple explanation that people would naturally tend to think is that you mixed up two similar words by accident
>>
>>1533466
Nah m8, he was perfectly mentally healthy (apart from the sociopathy) before and after the trip.
>>
>>1532593
>einstein many love affairs and a social butterfly
>autist

also stop misappropriating humanists to your list of assholes

Einstein was a humanist socialist and a member of the German League of Human Rights,

Einstein was a proponent of civil rights. When he arrived in America, he objected to the mistreatment of African Americans.[32]

Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion offered Einstein the position of President of Israel, which humble declined

instead humble genius Albert Einstein after all his achievements wanted to be a plumber and was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union
"I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals. In such an economy, the means of production are owned by society itself and are utilized in a planned fashion. A planned economy, which adjusts production to the needs of the community, would distribute the work to be done among all those able to work and would guarantee a livelihood to every man, woman, and child. The education of the individual, in addition to promoting his own innate abilities, would attempt to develop in him a sense of responsibility for his fellow-men in place of the glorification of power and success in our present society."
Albert Einstein, Why Socialism?, 1949 [46]
>>
>>1534053
Einstein was a literal autist. He didn't speak until he was 4, a very common trait of one with Aspergers.

I have no idea what your post means? He was a literal Autist.
>>
>>1532597

>round up all the psychopaths and ship them to their own little country

not a bad idea, actually
like the ancient plan of separating the psychopaths to hell whil the good have their utopia

would resolve societies critical problems
>>
>>1534147
>>1532597
>separating the psychopaths
like isnt that what society has been striving to achieve for the last few eons?

even ancient religions were created based on this
>>
>>1534061
some people just don't develop as early as others, and that doesn't prove anything many of these definitions of autism are loosely lined up with other cases. Yea there are extremes but Einstein is far from being a full autismal. Tell me, were you never idiotic in public and perhaps focused on something so distant you look strange to those around you at least one point in your life. you'd be surprise how common a "autistic" moment or behavior can be associated with someone that's diagnose-able. Yet does it mean they should be fully diagnosed as autistic? I'd say no to jumping to that conclusion and I'm sure many psychiatrist wouldn't be so quick to diagnose.
>>
>>1534158
Never works though.
>>
File: 1456099825071.jpg (47KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
1456099825071.jpg
47KB, 500x256px
ask /sci/ you fuck
>>
File: 031.jpg (51KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
51KB, 576x864px
I literally remember being put on anti-psychotics and I thought I was a psychopath like the dumbfuck in this thread

went perfect with my edgy teen year

then I went to college and realized what a stupid fuck I was for thinking psychotic = psychopath
>>
>>1534164
because ancient society lacked the science of biology, genetics, and pathologies

many operated that bad people can be fixed thru conditioning and fear of sin

and obviously that never worked since humans operate on programmed genetics.

some are programmed psychopaths

modern science finally allows society to alleviate itself from pathological harm of psychopaths . we just need to apply it
>>
>>1534253
I we're throwing people out because crime tendency based on genetics why don't we kill all the poor blacks?
>>
>>1532590
this
psychopaths survive on good-natured hosts
>>
>>1534176
You asked the wrong question idiot.
>>>/sci/8263016
>>
>>1532590
What if the relationship is not parasitic by symbiotic.
>>
>>1534263
psychopaths join the geographically separated society of pathological peers

no more prisons

beats the current system
>>
>>1534280
>expoit, destroy, sabotage, enslave, repress, oppress, manipulate their host
>symbiotic
evidentally it is not

only parasites act this way
>>
>>1534314
Sometimes you need a psychopath to make the hard decisions.
>>
>>1534275
did I
>>
File: stalinlol.png (720KB, 969x724px) Image search: [Google]
stalinlol.png
720KB, 969x724px
>>1533414
>lemonADE or Don Lemon AIDS?
>>
>>1534320
>trust me you need us to direct and control you. you would be miserable otherwise

pathetic
>>
I have pretty deep sexual fantasies about raping and abusing women, ending with me choking them to death.
In my actual sex life, I very much enjoy spanking, choking, generally rough and abusive play. Never once in the actual act do I ever have the more sadistic urges however.
I don't know what this really makes me. Just a guy with a fee sick fetishes or something deeper.
>>
>>1532495
Genuine Psychopath here. I came into this thread to make something akin to this statement
>>
>>1532587
Polls cost that much because 1 Trial for 1 type of medicine costs about 1 billion to conduct. Only 1 out of 100 trial studies is succesfull. The failed once are money lost. Hence the drug that made it needs to fund further research. It also takes around 10 years to take a drug from Clinical trials to the market.
>>
>>1532587
>There is a reason why a pill, which costs literally cents to manufacture is resold at 10000% cost.
It costs cents to manufacture the physical pill after you've paid whole teams of scientists for decades to make the compound, test it and retest it, start over and over when it inevitably fails and pass it through health regulations and clinical trials, by the time it gets to market you've accumulated millions in debt and you have to make back your money by selling to an incredibly tiny market in the space of like ten years because the patent you have only lasts a short time before your product is considered in the public interest and some factory in India makes generic versions of the product you spent years and millions developing which are identical to yours and can be sold for nothing.

source: friend who's involved with genetics- based medicine for cystic fibrosis.
>>
>>1532495
If you separate psychopathy into two types then on type does have impaired control and is very impulsive.
This type are generally less intelligent and more prone to impulsive antisocial acts.
>>
>>1534158
Social science research has shown that wealthy people tend to be far less empathetic than average. Their wealth isolates them; they need to rely on their community and relationships less. They have less in common with the common man, and they probably acquired their wealth through backstabbing and stepping over others.
>>
>>1532587
>there is a reason why it usually costs upwards of hundreds of dollars to talk to someone for 30 minutes

in my country, in order to become a practitioner, both psychiatry and psychology you're looking at about 8 years of schooling and every stage has ferocious competition for limited spots

of course it's going to cost you
>>
>>1534685
>It costs cents to manufacture the physical pill after you've paid whole teams of scientists for decades to make the compound, test it and retest it, start over and over when it inevitably fails and pass it through health regulations and clinical trials, by the time it gets to market you've accumulated millions in debt and you have to make back your money by selling to an incredibly tiny market in the space of like ten years because the patent you have only lasts a short time before your product is considered in the public interest and some factory in India makes generic versions of the product you spent years and millions developing which are identical to yours and can be sold for nothing.

That would be all well and good if the majority of the drugs on the market cost millions to design and manufacture, they do not.

>attempting to justify literal 10,000 (ten thousand) percent mark ups.

Right.
>>
fetish for death *pervert
>>
>>1534446
Just saying. It could be true.
>>
>>1532745
yeah holy shit
>>
>>1532495

the issue with psychopaths is that actually they are literal retards who are incapable of empathy and lack impulse control, but they have an adult intellect and use this to rationalise their acquisitive, impulsive or predatory behaviour.

like children or retards, some are better behaved than others.

you can tell if you're dealing with a psycho because there is nothing behind the eyes, they literally see you as a meat puppet and are choosing dialogue options like you would in a game. to a psycho, we are all NPC's in their very own IRL game.

in this way they are just like children, and just like children, they completely lack any sense of introspection. that's why they can come out with the most pompous nonsense without ever thinking "you know, what i'm saying might be a load of bollocks" because it would never even occur to them that anything they say is less than brilliant.

and this sense of self confidence and inner peace is what makes them attractive to some retards, and why they get away with persuading people to part with money for the most retarded schemes, at least initially, until the sunk cost fallacy takes over and they're too invested to quit.
>>
>>1532366
Brain scans during episodes.
>>
How do I know if I'm a psycopath?
>>
>>1536372

Your point?
>>
>>1536492

Go talk to a psychiatrist
>>
>>1536372
Gaming herd-nerds constantly fall into believing a favored company is their friend. They revert to treating Blizzard or Nintendo in a tribal mindset where someone that creates art they love is like Trog telling the tribe a great ghost story by the camp fire. In the psychopath-capitalist system though Blizzard hates the game nerds guts and functionally acts as a sociopathic enemy/rival tribe member that wants to trick the nerd out of as much money as possible. They only grudgingly make an addictive product for exchange when they've run out of other easier tricks to separate nerds from their wallets. Still people can't bring themselves to believe their precious tribal buddy is trying to rip them off with micro-payments because they're evolutionary maladapted to pschopath-capitalism.
>>
>>1532745
>(((This board)))
>>
File: twisted.jpg (27KB, 600x294px) Image search: [Google]
twisted.jpg
27KB, 600x294px
>>1536492
left or right?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.