[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how dead are dead guys after a firefight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1454998433822.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1454998433822.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>soldiers of group A attack a position held by soldiers of group B, shoot them until they mostly stop moving and take control of whatever was the point of the position
>not all of group B actually got instakilled but group A was in a hurry for the objective because of reasons

what happens in this situation? what priority is checking on downed enemies when you've also got other things to do? what happens when you miss one? have people gotten shot in the back like this?
generally just what happens when you lose a firefight, aren't dead, but don't do an organized surrender?

there has to be some crazy WW2 story about this kind of thing so tell it to me.
>>
File: 1461284876995.png (462KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461284876995.png
462KB, 750x500px
Pretty dead my dude
>>
come on /his/ i wanna learn
>>
Usual military procedure is to put 2 bullets in the chest, and then 1 in the head when the enemy is downed.

In your example, the number 1 priority for the soldiers of group A would be to put 1 or 2 extra bullets in the fallen fighters of group B when they enter the position.
>>
>>1531474
This is one purpose for having a rear guard, mop up stragglers.

I have no combat experience but from what I've seen in footage (Syria) they usually make sure you are dead before they move on regardless.

If it came down to conventional western armies I'm almost positive the rear guard checks bodies for Intel and provides medical aid to the wounded, pile the dead.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.