[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iran coup 1953

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Operationajax.jpg (34KB, 583x384px)
Operationajax.jpg
34KB, 583x384px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

Holy fuck, I just heard about this. In 1953 the uk and us overthrew the popularly supported liberal secular leader mossadegh and the us and uk backed reza pehlavi shah took over, whose shitty ruled indirectly caused the islamic revolution

What the fuck is this.

I've been fascinated by persian art, music, dance, and history, and currently its being slowly rot because of the islamic republic. Maybe if mossadegh was allowed to keep power, persia would have developed as a secular republic. What do you think?
>>
>>1529059
Honestly it would have just turned into another Iraq/Syria/Egypt/Libya most likely.
Then again Iran is doing alright even with their shitty islamic system, perhaps there was hope.
>>
File: 1467241975861.jpg (85KB, 680x458px) Image search: [Google]
1467241975861.jpg
85KB, 680x458px
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
The Tudeh party were wankers who used political violence to get into power.

TPAJAX was stupid, but Mossedegh did kind of deserve it.
>>
>>1529069
>Mossedegh did kind of deserve it
why did he deserve it?
>>
>Renege on contract involving the most important consumable resource after food
>Get coup'd

If Mossadegh had waiting like 5 more years or so to tell APOC to fuck off and nationalize the oil industry none of this would have happened.
>>
>>1529076
>contract is up for renegotiation in 1960
>BUT I WANT IT NOW
>start fight with much more powerful countries over it
>your entire republic is replaced with a totalitarian puppet state, which is then replaced by a medieval theocracy

Also, the Tudeh party assassinated a lot of people to get in charge of the country.

They weren't the nice, dances with wolves niggas apologists like to pretend they were.

That said, the coup was an extremely stupid thing to do, and one of the blots on Eisenhower's otherwise fantastic presidency.
>>
>>1529127
>That said, the coup was an extremely stupid thing to do

Its stupid in hindsight now that islamic fundamentalism is the enemy of the day but back in the fifties when the west was scared of commies it would have been pretty important to keep the important oil producing countries out of red influence.

If the Shah was a bit less of a shit, revolutionary fervor might not have climax'd and Iran would probably be better off than it is now.
>>
>>1529154
I think the Truman administration had a better policy towards Iran than the Eisenhower administration.

Truman was essentially

>fuck off redcoats we're here to fight commies, not help you keep your empire

Whereas Eisenhower was like

>oh shit, it's my nigga Churchill
>watchu need senpai

Although Eisenhower eventually got tired of the British using the fear of communism to support their imperial ambitions, and dumped them during the Suez Crisis.

Needless to say, Nasser, and the Arab world in general were enormously thankful for the US siding with them above their closest allies because of their principles. Which is why the Arab world is so pro-American today.
>>
>tfw the Shah literally banned traditional clothing(male not Hijab) to "Stop westerners from laughing at us"
>He literally said that
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.