[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Social Sciences is a useless classification. Academic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: assburgers.png (23KB, 792x588px) Image search: [Google]
assburgers.png
23KB, 792x588px
I think Social Sciences is a useless classification. Academic disciplines should either belong to humanities or to the natural sciences.
>>
File: A-6 Intruder.webm (1009KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
A-6 Intruder.webm
1009KB, 854x480px
>>1528665

I completely agree.
>>
>>1528674
What happened there?
>>
>>1528665
I think it's a nod to how the "Social Sciences" use an inductive format resembling that of the Natural Sciences, but, like the Humanities, have trouble finding the proof to turn theory into law. Economists can't just crash the economy "to see what happens" the way chemists perform an experiment.
>>
>>1529776
Because of Ethics (rightfully) so you can't do the obvious experiments that are horrific but give easier to see reults. Real Talk the Social Sciences have helped propagate some really fucked up policies and social beliefs in the 19th-20th century and scientific rigor in the field wasn't really present during certain parts of their history. A lot of the stupid ass explanations and things people come up with here would not be out of place back then.
>>
>>1529788
They had scientific rigor, it's just the implementation that's wrong. Supply-side economics says that consumers and producers work to set prices at an optimal level, but the policy that results is "let's not tax anything", even though the estimated turning point in the Laffer curve is around 70%.

Eugenics is mostly on the natural sciences though tbqh
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.